• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Look to your right

The first object you see is your only weapon against a zombie apocalypse

How do you fare?
A can of soda.

Imma sit back in a rocking chair, sipping some delicious soda as I accept my inevitable demise.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Look to your right

How do you fare?
My Yoshi hat.... yes, I'm not playing up the Yoshi fanatic angle or anything, that IS literally what is to the right of me right now.

Well yeah, Yoshi took on zombie Shy Guys, so they'd be afraid of his visage :yoshi:

GhostM

Phantom
Look to your right

How do you fare?
Why would I even throw my own modded Wii that includes Nintendont with 20XX Melee, and a brawl disc inside to play Project M at a Zombie? That’ll do no damage, and that’s no good.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My Yoshi hat.... yes, I'm not playing up the Yoshi fanatic angle or anything, that IS literally what is to the right of me right now.

Well yeah, Yoshi took on zombie Shy Guys, so they'd be afraid of his visage :yoshi:
We all know no matter what direction you look that was going to be the case. To the left is a Yoshi plush, behind you is a Yoshi pillow, and in front of you is some Yoshi... art.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We all know no matter what direction you look that was going to be the case. To the left is a Yoshi plush, behind you is a Yoshi pillow, and in front of you is some Yoshi... art.
Believe it or not, I'm at work, and my hat is the only Yoshi-related item in my near vicinity right now. If Noipoi said "to the left" I'd have to say my Seattle coffee mug that my mom got me years ago :yoshi:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Look to your right

How do you fare?
15651499424966857285703921080513.jpg

Looks like I'm dual wielding a standing fan and a ****ing mounted deer head. Like to see those ******* try.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New Mario Maker courses!

Dry Shell Solid (a stealth-based level using the Dry-Bones shell): TRM-HWR-LCG

Super Luigi 2 (A level based on both New Super Luigi U and a level I made back on Wii U) KR3-DXS-36G

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also Tom Hardy is co-writing the film lol :yoshi:
Literally both of those are better than what they had before so I'm down.
I don't know man, Venom movies would just make no sense without Spider-Man.
Well, I hated Spiderman 3 and Venom was the WORST ****ing part but I guilty pleasure really like Venom so...:drshrug:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I like hack n slash. So Astral Chain looks cool.....
I am getting Astral Chain too lol. And not sure if DMC on Switch interests you, there's only digital version and it's over 10gb...

In the mean time, so little was announced for 2020 that I’m not excited for it either and I’m scared I’m going to loose video games forever.
If you focus mostly on Nintendo, no need to be scared lol. Nintendo tend to announce their games very close to release date, so I bet we will have a few huge titles coming for the holiday.

As for others, well... New consoles are coming so I guess that's the reason why we don't see many games announced for 2020.

GhostM

Phantom
I’d like to bring up something to the table. After MKLeo won evo, I have a bad feeling that he is going to deal with Joker nerfs in the future simply because he plays the character really well. I’m seeing people having this distaste against Joker all of a sudden, and all of that was just because of evo. I’m sure it’s not as bad as the hatred towards Jigglypuff in Melee, but I feel like these people complaining how Joker “is overpowered”, and “Broken” are bound to cause a patch in the future that nerfs Joker. I’m curious, what’s your guys opinions about this?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So for those who care, Sabi tweeted that their source has issues and won't be able to say until right before the presentation, 7 hours from now.

:upsidedown:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I hated Spiderman 3 and Venom was the WORST ****ing part but I guilty pleasure really like Venom so...:drshrug:
You can always write great films with Spider-Man and Venom simultaneously, Spider-Man 3 just wasn't one of them for obvious reasons they've talked about several times in the past.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Banjo is at least decently popular in Japan.

Rayman, meanwhile, is almost hilariously unpopular there. Rayman Legends sold all of 1,500 copies there in its first week. To put that into perspective, that's a little more than half of what Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. did, and that game did infamously poorly in Japan.
07E34660-87D5-4C04-903B-B63907E2071E.png

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’d like to bring up something to the table. After MKLeo won evo, I have a bad feeling that he is going to deal with Joker nerfs in the future simply because he plays the character really well. I’m seeing people having this distaste against Joker all of a sudden, and all of that was just because of evo. I’m sure it’s not as bad as the hatred towards Jigglypuff in Melee, but I feel like these people complaining how Joker “is overpowered”, and “Broken” are bound to cause a patch in the future that nerfs Joker. I’m curious, what’s your guys opinions about this?
I didn't think Joker was really that overpowered though? I don't think he should get major nerfed just cause the winner of evo mains/ is good with him

GhostM

Phantom
I didn't think Joker was really that overpowered though? I don't think he should get major nerfed just cause the winner of evo mains/ is good with him
He’s actually one of I belive if not, the most underrated high tier character in top level play. It’s just so sudden that people all of the sudden think that MKLeo only won evo because his “character was broken, so that’s why he was carried”. Before evo, I never even heard of anyone saying this to MKLeo, or even claiming that Joker was “a broken character”. I personally don’t think that nerfing high tier characters is the best way to balance a game, but rather buffing low tier characters instead. ZeRo during his Smash 4 dominance had many of his characters including Sheik and Diddy Kong nerfed when he was playing them well during his insane 54 win streak in tournaments.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the dev team is balancing based on data and they're not looking too much at online comments. Either way, I wouldn't really worry about nerfs. Most of the adjustments to characters so far have been really minor tweaks.

It's funny- I remember a lot of people saying that Joker was mediocre when he launched and complained that killing with him was too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom