• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just watched Toy Story 4.

If you exist, which I’m assuming you do, it’s a must-watch.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Do you think they would try to get the original cast of ghostbuster, the cast of Real Ghostbusters, or impersonators?
Well considering both the original actor for Egon nor the Real GB actor for Venkman are gone, it won’t be a full reunion though I could see the likes of Maurice LaMarche and Frank Welker returning as well as Ernie Hudson and Dan Aykroyd having minor or cameo appearances of the top of my head.

D

Deleted member

Only thing I can say about the situation regarding Etika since I lack a lot of knowledge about him, seriously take care and reach out to someone if you feel you need it.
Got another job interview coming up. Hoo boy.
You got this mate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well considering both the original actor for Egon nor the Real GB actor for Venkman are gone, it won’t be a full reunion though I could see the likes of Maurice LaMarche and Frank Welker returning as well as Ernie Hudson and Dan Aykroyd having minor or cameo appearances of the top of my head.
Dan and Ernie would just be happy to get work. Maurice would probably be the best choice to be Egon. Dave Coulier could do Benkman if they can’t get Bill. But considering the game, I think he’s more willing to step into a VO booth then on set in a pack.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just watched Toy Story 4.

If you exist, which I’m assuming you do, it’s a must-watch.
i was about to yesterday but then stuff go in the way but a dodged a bullet because she had to bring her little brother and sister with her and being around them wears me out when they decide to be annoying

D

Deleted member

i was about to yesterday but then stuff go in the way but a dodged a bullet because she had to bring her little brother and sister with her and being around them wears me out when they decide to be annoying
They’re kids. They don’t decide to be annoying.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dan and Ernie would just be happy to get work. Maurice would probably be the best choice to be Egon. Dave Coulier could do Benkman if they can’t get Bill. But considering the game, I think he’s more willing to step into a VO booth then on set in a pack.
I think Bill might be tired of doing more GB work in general and there is no way in hell that I want Coulier returning, I despise his take on Venkman, sure the writing he had didn’t help since the show was on a downward spiral after Q5’s little “fixes” but I hate the voice he had for him regardless. I wouldn’t mind someone else but if needed either Maurice or Frank could do their Lorenzo Music impressions.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think Bill might be tired of doing more GB work in general and there is no way in hell that I want Coulier returning, I despise his take on Venkman, sure the writing he had didn’t help since the show was on a downward spiral after Q5’s little “fixes” but I hate the voice he had for him regardless.
So Murray’s a wildcard. May or may not. I never minded Coulier but I never really liked RGB anyway. My guess is it would have to be a mix of the original cast, RGB VOs, and impersonators.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I really would like to replay that game right about now.

On a side note, imagine if Sakurai stuck to the game's mechanics and made it so that Simon's air acceleration was basically nonexistent if he jumped. That would suck.
True, it’s a good thing he wasn’t made that way in Ultimate. Replay value is really great for Castlevania, especially for the music alone and the only boss that ever gave me trouble was Death until I learned his patterns and one of the best tips before fighting Dracula: Stock up on a boatload of hearts and get the holy water for his second form. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Already seem it. Loved it.

That being said, no, I do not exist.
I was worried Ducky and Bunny would be annoying. There were at the beginning, but they got better. The killing the antique store owner got me. The faces, I swear.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So Murray’s a wildcard. May or may not. I never minded Coulier but I never really liked RGB anyway. My guess is it would have to be a mix of the original cast, RGB VOs, and impersonators.
I hate Coulier era Real Ghostbusters not just for him but for the overall drop in quality due to network meddling but the Lorenzo Music era of Real Ghostbusters was phenomenal and I dare say was a worthy successor to the original movie and the original movie is one of my favorite films of all time.

Venting aside, it could very well be a mix, there’s a lot of current VOs that could fit this movie, though I kinda hope they won’t be stuck just doing impressions of the original actors and have the opportunity to branch out and do their own take while still remaining true to the character like with Lorenzo and Venkman.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well... today has been a day for certain. I went to a coffee shot and did a lot of productive things for a few hours. That's where I heard about Etika and while it didn't really effect me too much in the moment, it has lingered with me all day. I'm not surprised, the past few months definitely seemed like an increasingly disturbing descent as his bipolar disorder worsened in every regard. But it's always a terrible shame when someone doesn't get the help they need and they don't make it.

The worst part is, with mental illness, treatment is far from a guarantee of recovery. And sometimes, certain medicines either just don't work or actually make the situation severely worse. I suspect we'll hear more about his specific situation in the coming days. Let's try to be as respectful as possible moving forward. All that said, as someone who has struggled with depression, suicides always rock me to the core. I suspect anyone else who has gone through similar struggles are also equally effected.

I see some people talking about not knowing much about mental illness, and while that's completely reasonable given how still horribly stigmatized both illnesses and treatment are in places like the United States, please take some time to learn more about them. Far too many people don't know how to react when someone is reaching out, struggling from afar, etc. That's something we could all hopefully work on some more is being able to further develop emotional maturity and understanding for when these things pop up and we can hopefully be there to listen when it seems no one else is. I see a lot of empathy and sympathy in this community (At least on SmashBoards and especially in the Social Thread here haha), and I really hope that sort of behavior and feeling sticks around.

Take care everyone and sorry for my own very real comments I've seemed to have in the past day or two haha.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Also despite my disappointments towards the 2016 film I wouldn’t mind Kate McKinnon or Kristen Wiig voicing some characters, they were probably the most redeeming parts of the movie and they both do voice over work, I wouldn’t mind them in at all.
Your talking to the wrong person about Answer the Call. I love that movie. Especially the extended cut. I dare say I consider IT a worthy successor as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And you talked to the wrong person about Real Ghostbusters, so I guess we’re even.
Have you seen the extended cut? Tell you what. RGB is on Netflix and I’m POSITIVE you can find the extended cut online somewhere. We both watch and report back.

Can we just talk about Ghostbusters though. I love that franchise to death.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
The CTR remake is making the internet rounds. Here, have a rant:

Saying CTR is better than Mario Kart is equivalent to saying something is sharper than a bowling ball. Mario Kart is a trash series with gameplay specifically designed to punish racing ability and keep its skill ceiling as low as possible so that Grandma can play. CTR is the lesser of two evils, but it's far from the holy grail of kart racers. Drifting is unintuitive and awkward (yes, I grew up with CTR, this is not a newcomer's perspective). Items are still luck of the draw, and defending comes down to whether you have the right doodad or not.

Mario Kart DS is the only good Mario Kart because the inclusion of viable snaking allowed for high-level play--it's sad that this was a feature the devs acquiesced to including, rather than it being desired. Diddy Kong Racing had a good item system that allowed you to choose what powerups to get in a situation and whether to upgrade them. But the king of kart racers for me is ModNation Racers, which addressed literally every complaint I've had with others throughout the years. No blue shell BS, no hopeless futility if you're out of 1st, no rubberbanding, extremely dynamic gameplay with a low skill floor and high skill ceiling and a multitude of ways to approach any scenario both offensively and defensively. That's not even to say anything of the creative aspects of the game, that's just the engine. It's absolutely tragic that we'll probably never see anything like it again.

That people are blowing their load over CTR just shows me how starved they are for anything half-resembling decent after Mario Kart's disgusting monopoly.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I realize this may not be the best time to post this, but I finally got my hands on the Seasons of Warfare Edition, and got Release Date shipping!

Things are touchy though. This clearly isn't the most important event.

Love each other, my dudes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Have you seen the extended cut? Tell you what. RGB is on Netflix and I’m POSITIVE you can find the extended cut online somewhere. We both watch and report back.

Can we just talk about Ghostbusters though. I love that franchise to death.
I doubt my opinion will change just because they made the movie longer but fine, I’ll try and see if I can find it.

Also I thought that’s what we were doing already?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I doubt my opinion will change just because they made the movie longer but fine, I’ll try and see if I can find it.

Also I thought that’s what we were doing already?
Oh. I thought that was like... an ending or something.

Your opinion might change because the scenes they cut for the theatrical release are pretty much exclusively the good heartwarming character building scenes. The things that actually make a movie... you know. Good. I don’t know what idiot edited the theatrical cut. Probably someone who doesn’t know the first thing about movies.

You ever play the Video Game? It’s a really great title. Excited to be able to play it on Switch soon. Would love to compare it with Luigi’s Mansion 3 in like, an analysis or something.

Also the comics! They’re so ****ing good! And they’ve lasted THIS long. Sense I was in highschool (I’m pretty sure).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh. I thought that was like... an ending or something.

Your opinion might change because the scenes they cut for the theatrical release are pretty much exclusively the good heartwarming character building scenes. The things that actually make a movie... you know. Good. I don’t know what idiot edited the theatrical cut. Probably someone who doesn’t know the first thing about movies.

You ever play the Video Game? It’s a really great title. Excited to be able to play it on Switch soon. Would love to compare it with Luigi’s Mansion 3 in like, an analysis or something.

Also the comics! They’re so ****ing good! And they’ve lasted THIS long. Sense I was in highschool (I’m pretty sure).
I’d be more than willing to keep talking.

I’ll try to keep an open mind about the extended cut, but we’ll see.

I have only played the Wii version with my dad several years ago but I’d love to give it another shot with the remastered version once I get a Switch. And I’ll need to get my hands on the comics sometime soon.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The CTR remake is making the internet rounds. Here, have a rant:

Saying CTR is better than Mario Kart is equivalent to saying something is sharper than a bowling ball. Mario Kart is a trash series with gameplay specifically designed to punish racing ability and keep its skill ceiling as low as possible so that Grandma can play. CTR is the lesser of two evils, but it's far from the holy grail of kart racers. Drifting is unintuitive and awkward (yes, I grew up with CTR, this is not a newcomer's perspective). Items are still luck of the draw, and defending comes down to whether you have the right doodad or not.

Mario Kart DS is the only good Mario Kart because the inclusion of viable snaking allowed for high-level play--it's sad that this was a feature the devs acquiesced to including, rather than it being desired. Diddy Kong Racing had a good item system that allowed you to choose what powerups to get in a situation and whether to upgrade them. But the king of kart racers for me is ModNation Racers, which addressed literally every complaint I've had with others throughout the years. No blue shell BS, no hopeless futility if you're out of 1st, no rubberbanding, extremely dynamic gameplay with a low skill floor and high skill ceiling and a multitude of ways to approach any scenario both offensively and defensively. That's not even to say anything of the creative aspects of the game, that's just the engine. It's absolutely tragic that we'll probably never see anything like it again.

That people are blowing their load over CTR just shows me how starved they are for anything half-resembling decent after Mario Kart's disgusting monopoly.
CTR Nitro Fueled is brutal online. Most of the time I don't even get to finish the race because it ends seconds after the first place finisher completes the third lap, which is really frustrating particularly because you don't get any currency from those races. It sucks to suck I guess.

I tried instead to do online battles to see if things fared better there, but I haven't been matched with a single person the few times I tried, so evidently no one plays it.

The additional problem of ~40 second loading times on my Switch, my experience was fine but it hasn't been amazing.

Really would have liked for Nitro Kart's story to exist following the race with Oxide. It's amazing to have all the tracks and racers from that game, but it makes the lack of the adventure mode seem a bit conspicuous. Especially since you get those racers from randomly(?) generated shop entries which is kinda lame.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’d be more than willing to keep talking.

I’ll try to keep an open mind about the extended cut, but we’ll see.

I have only played the Wii version with my dad several years ago but I’d love to give it another shot with the remastered version once I get a Switch. And I’ll need to get my hands on the comics sometime soon.
Those comics are SOOOO good! You’re in for a treat. The guys writing and illustrating are diehard fans who carry the glitch well.

Also, there were two distinct versions of that game. And the Wii one is NOT the one being remastered. It’s the more realistic PS3/360 version. But i’ve played both versions dozens of times and have tones of fun every single time.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
CTR Nitro Fueled is brutal online. Most of the time I don't even get to finish the race because it ends seconds after the first place finisher completes the third lap, which is really frustrating particularly because you don't get any currency from those races. It sucks to suck I guess.

I tried instead to do online battles to see if things fared better there, but I haven't been matched with a single person the few times I tried, so evidently no one plays it.

The additional problem of ~40 second loading times on my Switch, my experience was fine but it hasn't been amazing.

Really would have liked for Nitro Kart's story to exist following the race with Oxide. It's amazing to have all the tracks and racers from that game, but it makes the lack of the adventure mode seem a bit conspicuous. Especially since you get those racers from randomly(?) generated shop entries which is kinda lame.
It would've been cool, but it's an understandably massive undertaking. And then it would've been weird that CTTR wasn't there, which would have been even more complicated because I understand there were platforming parts of that game or something? It's cool when a game like a kart racer has a story mode at all, particularly a drivable hub world like CTR and Diddy Kong Racing.

I'm just sad because I feel the best designed racing games have come and gone and now I'm just having to settle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got some more practice in today. Feeling a bit better about some digital work compared to pencil and paper work. Still have a long ways to go. Got some flat colors in, now I gotta work on refining the background a bit more.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Those comics are SOOOO good! You’re in for a treat. The guys writing and illustrating are diehard fans who carry the glitch well.

Also, there were two distinct versions of that game. And the Wii one is NOT the one being remastered. It’s the more realistic PS3/360 version. But i’ve played both versions dozens of times and have tones of fun every single time.
I’ll have to look into them. And yeah that’s what I figured when I saw the trailer, I can’t wait to play it again. Anything else GB related you wanted to talk about?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ll have to look into them. And yeah that’s what I figured when I saw the trailer, I can’t wait to play it again. Anything else GB related you wanted to talk about?
Not really..... thoughts on the upcoming project? What abthe fact that they’re doing a crossover comic with the freakin Transformers?!?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This just makes me sad that Olimar and Isabelle are silent in Smash, I love both of their gibberish speech.
To be fair, these kids ain't ready for Olimar's supreme baritone. Man's got that BASS in his voice.

I'd want Ben Diskin to voice Mega Man in Smash too. Because hearing him yell out "It's NOW OR NEVER!" Right before landing a Mega Upper would be pretty good.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, these kids ain't ready for Olimar's supreme baritone. Man's got that BASS in his voice.

I'd want Ben Diskin to voice Mega Man in Smash too. Because hearing him yell out "It's NOW OR NEVER!" Right before landing a Mega Upper would be pretty good.
Okay. Hear me out. William Shatner as Captain Olimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom