• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So is this his new joke that he is going to run in to the ground
shut up mario 64 slide remixes are always bomb no matter what the joke is

the acapella whistling is the best part

It's Reddit. They overreact to every little thing.

I too am hyped for Gen 8, but the transferring mechanics to hurt it a bit, but not enough to ruin the whole experience.
what even is the deal with the transfer that people are complaining about

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, what are your guy's favorite Pokemon types?

For me, I'm Water Gang for life, but I also love Ghosts and Fairies as well. I am also fond of Dark types, and pretty much every Bug type from Gen 5.
Ghost, Fairy and most of all, Dragon

Basically, the otherworldly/mystical types

Also dragons are rad

RandomAce

Smash Champion

For me, I'm Water Gang for life, but I also love Ghosts and Fairies as well. I am also fond of Dark types, and pretty much every Bug type from Gen 5.
Dragon.

Dragons are cool, and so are they in Pokémon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
what even is the deal with the transfer that people are complaining about
As of right now if the Pokémon isn’t in the regional Galar dex it cannot be transferred to Sword and Shield period. Only Pokémon you can catch in Galar can be transferred.

This of course, upsets people. If they’re favorite isn’t in the Galar dex then you simply won’t be able to put it in Sword and Shield.

At the moment they’re undecided on whether they’ll allow you to transfer the rest of your Pokémon in future updates

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As of right now if the Pokémon isn’t in the regional Galar dex it cannot be transferred to Sword and Shield period. Only Pokémon you can catch in Galar can be transferred.

This of course, upsets people. If they’re favorite isn’t in the Galar dex then you simply won’t be able to put it in Sword and Shield.

At the moment they’re undecided on whether they’ll allow you to transfer the rest of your Pokémon in future updates
how would you even transfer it in the first place

we're going from a 3DS to the Switch how the ****

Noipoi

Howdy!
how would you even transfer it in the first place

we're going from a 3DS to the Switch how the ****
That new Pokémon Home thing is supposed to allow you to bring the compatible Pokémon to Sword and Shield while letting you play with the Pokémon you can’t bring over, though we don’t know how yet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That new Pokémon Home thing is supposed to allow you to bring the compatible Pokémon to Sword and Shield while letting you play with the Pokémon you can’t bring over, though we don’t know how yet.
Eh.

I kind of understand that they made the Galar (and subsequently the [i forgot the gen 7 region name] region) dex solely local so that you could actually, feasibly complete the Pokedex without having the now probably near 1000 goddamn pokeymans, but a National Dex shouldn't be out the option either IMO. I mean, they offer Pokemon who can't be accessed in USUM on Wonder Trade servers, **** will happen again.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Eh.

I kind of understand that they made the Galar (and subsequently the [i forgot the gen 7 region name] region) dex solely local so that you could actually, feasibly complete the Pokedex without having the now probably near 1000 goddamn pokeymans, but a National Dex shouldn't be out the option either IMO. I mean, they offer Pokemon who can't be accessed in USUM on Wonder Trade servers, **** will happen again.
I still think they’re gonna patch the rest of the Pokémon in later

D

Deleted member

Y'all ever feel sad that Flower Garden isn't in smash? Sure the meme came and went, but that doesn't change the question.

All I can do is imagine what types of custom videos people would make >_>
Who cares?
We most likely will have Final-Battle in Smash Ultimate, and we have that awesome Spiral Mountain remix.
Kid, can you please send more optimistic messages about Smash, instead of complaints?

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Who cares?
We most likely will have Final-Battle in Smash Ultimate, and we have that awesome Spiral Mountain music.
Kid, can you please send more optimistic messages about Smash, instead of complaints?
Its a wish, not a complaint. Also I should be the one calling you kid seeing as you're only 15. I'm not doubting that Spiral Mountain is good, but it would've been cool/funny to see what the community would do with the song.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Its a wish, not a complaint. Also I should be the one calling you kid seeing as you're only 15. I'm not doubting that Spiral Mountain is good, but it would've been cool/funny to see what the community would do with the song.
You don't realize I am sixteen, don't you?
Just, please post more positive posts. You always post negative posts, and it annoys me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My favorite Pokemon type is Psychic and I'll never understand why Psyduck isn't it.

Just, please post more positive posts. You always post negative posts, and it annoys me.
People are free to post whatever they like as long as it doesn't violate the thread rules. If you don't like someone's content, just ignore them instead of try and control what they post.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
User was warned for this post; trolling
Who cares?
We most likely will have Final-Battle in Smash Ultimate, and we have that awesome Spiral Mountain remix.
Somebody: Man, this song would be cool to have in Smash
Shiny: WHAT THE **** DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME YOU LITTLE *****? I’LL HAVE YOU KNOW-

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh, happy belated birthday! Sorry for laughing, for that was rude on my end.

(But there are still music tracks that I wish were in Ultimate.)

D

Deleted member

Somebody: Man, this song would be cool to have in Smash
Shiny: WHAT THE **** DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME YOU LITTLE *****? I’LL HAVE YOU KNOW-
Oh, happy belated birthday! Sorry for laughing, for that was rude on my end.

(But there are still music tracks that I wish were in Ultimate.)
I am very sorry for overreacting. I feel bad.
I have been quite harsh lately.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I am very sorry for overreacting. I feel bad.
I have been quite harsh lately.
Don't worry, it's fine. I'll agree that I have more negative posts than others and I'm trying to fix that. When there are games that I like, I make giant lists of everything that could make it perfect. I have a bunch of songs that I think would sound awesome with remixes by the devs, such as Buoy Base Galaxy and Tokyo Emergency, among many others. I'm not holding it againat you, no hard feelings.

(I thought I missed your birthday by a week or so but it was just yesterday so it still feels fresh in my book.)

My smash newcomer bracket is over 10,000 lines long. You don't want me to go over the 150 characters that I want for Smash, let's just say that. (The best part is, I can practically never be wrong!)

Edit: Dooblé post, edit together mod?

D

Deleted member

My smash newcomer bracket is over 10,000 lines long. You don't want me to go over the 150 characters that I want for Smash, let's just say that. (The best part is, I can practically never be wrong!)
Woah, what is this? Are you being sarcastic, or are you actually serious?
I am interested.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a cool video to remind us to not piss of R.O.B.

Thought it was funny though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Electric, Rock, Dragon, Dark and Ghost.

Electric because I like most of the Pokémon from that type and it has a fair chunk of my favorites, Rock due to Fossil Pokémon plus the references to geological elements, Dragon due to the flexibility that the typing allows for different designs and lore, Ghost for similar reasons, and Dark because I like the underhanded element that it brings.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I hope that's possible. I was skeptical of the first trailer, and the Direct trailer looked really good. But my only expectations was transferring all of my Gen 1 and favorite Gen 2 mons from Go and Let's Go, so I'm not sure how I feel about picking up Sword & Shield now until I know what Pokemon are compatible. I need my Mew and Ho-Oh (I'm especially worried about the former's compatibility, since you can't transfer from Go).

I haven't owned a handheld since the Gameboy Advance, and so always missed out on Pokemon. I always hoped that the main series would some time make it onto console, and the Switch fulfilled those wishes. While I understand the reasoning, it sort of defeats the main appeal of wanting to get Sword and Shield, since the newer Pokemon don't appeal to me as much as my nostalgic favorites. Maybe another Let's Go would appeal to me more (I just hate the catching mechanic). It just always feels like with Pokemon I can get one cool thing if I give up another--but I want it all. :chuckle:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Woah, what is this? Are you being sarcastic, or are you actually serious?
I am interested.
This is legitimate. Keep in mind that it isn't 10,000 characters, but 200 swapped in and out in brackets. I've ran 2 player brackets up to 128 player brackets, however I've only used 128 player brackets in DLC season.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
it's a "new discovery" because no one in the galar region knows what the **** any other region is

i think after Gen 4 everyone just has no ****ing clue where anyone is

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I think you all know how much I love dragons by now, but I'm actually a big fan of a lot of flying-types to.

Charizard, Gyarados, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Rayquaza, Archeops and Noivern are among some of my favorites.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not gonna lie, I kinda want to see this happen:

Just in case it’s too big.
This bodes poorly.

"Put Fox in the Zero Suit" they said back in 2013. "It'll just be harmless fun" they said. This is the exact same situation.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Dragon, Dark, Steel, and Ghost. In that order.

Hopefully, they’ll be plenty of them in Sword/Shield.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dragon, Dark, Steel, and Ghost. In that order.

Hopefully, they’ll be plenty of them in Sword/Shield.
I wouldn't be surprised if steel is the most prominent type in Galar due to England's medieval history.
Dragons are also a good bet due to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom