• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So according to someone on the Newcomer Speculation thread. He/she says insiders are digging into leaks and saying that Sylux and Edelgard are the next and final characters?

What do you guys think and if so how would you be if this were true?
I'd be pretty dissapointed that Sylux is in. Kirby has gotten nothing since Brawl, but apparently the best course of action is to give Metroid another rep?

Edlegard could be neat.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So according to someone on the Newcomer Speculation thread. He/she says insiders are digging into leaks and saying that Sylux and Edelgard are the next and final characters?

What do you guys think and if so how would you be if this were true?
No to Sylux.

Big yes to Edelgard.

But I doubt it's real. More likely we'll get 2 3rd Party reps as of now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Am I the only one who still likes Sword and Shield holy ****

I get it, the transfer system sucks. But is that the whole game? Everything else looks great!

Shroob

Sup?

I get it, the transfer system sucks. But is that the whole game? Everything else looks great!
People are blowing this **** out of proportion. They'll either patch in the game after launch the remaining Pokemon or the games after SWSD will have the remaining Pokemon.

Y'all don't remember Gen3 do you?

Back in my day if you had Ruby/Sapphire and literally nothing else outside of hacking you had barely any old Pokemon, you had to wait for Colo/XD/Emerald/FRLG

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People out here acting like a not so good transferring system is gonna prevent the gane from selling 10m copies regardless, like the protestors aren't gonna buy the game in like a week.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is never gonna stop until the dlc is over is it. Whatever. I guess.

Plus. Fates still wasn’t out in the states. And Sakurai said he picked Corrin because he wanted a rep from an UPCOMING game.
Upcoming or recent, according to Nintendo Everything. Three Houses would still fit the bill. Plus if they had made Edelgard an E3 reveal, there would inevitably be issues. They'd either have her be less than her full potential as to not spoil the game since it hasn't released, or spoil it by revealing her inevitable end game weapon prior to release.

I'm personally banking on an all third parties pass, but Three Houses and Sword/Shield are the two exceptions I could see. That really hasn't changed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The most likely Namco reps tbh are Lloyd and Heihachi. Leaning more towards Lloyd.

I would love Nightmare or Agumon though.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Don't get me wrong, I still love what they're doing with Sword & Shield as a whole.

But the transfer system is a bit of an OOF moment.

It's the same thing w/ Mario Maker 2. And apparently they're working on fixing that, so the same can happen w/ Pokemon.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Well I guess this is a word now
Only other things I can think of at the time are misery and depression but they both seem melodramatic. Im just so disappointed with this. I got the double pack ordered, was super looking forward to all the cool new things. Then a few little things done here took all that hype and suplexed all of it into the ground.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

reminds me of the people saying mario maker 2 is disappointing because of the multiplayer

one flawed feature doesn't make the whole game

Shroob

Sup?
The most likely Namco reps tbh are Lloyd and Heihachi. Leaning more towards Lloyd.

I would love Nightmare or Agumon though.
Lloyd is an interesting case.

Lloyd is iconic to us, the Nintendo fans due to Symphonia.

But if we go for the Tales of series as a whole?

Yuri is the de-facto most popular dude. They had to flat out ban him on popularity contests because he never lost.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve got a Garchomp from 2011. One of the few Pokémon I still have from my original play throughs of gens 4 and 5, the games that made me the huge Pokémon fan I am today. Of course I’d love to see him in the new game.

But it’s not the whole game. My priority is having a new adventure with the new Pokémon.

Besides, they’re probably gonna patch it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thinking on it the Namco rep debate I do think will lead to llyold but a dark souls rep is an easy sleeper pick imo

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Lloyd is an interesting case.

Lloyd is iconic to us, the Nintendo fans due to Symphonia.

But if we go for the Tales of series as a whole?

Yuri is the de-facto most popular dude. They had to flat out ban him on popularity contests because he never lost.
Didn't Sakurai explicitly say that if there was a Tales character, it would have to be Lloyd?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
People are blowing this **** out of proportion. They'll either patch in the game after launch the remaining Pokemon or the games after SWSD will have the remaining Pokemon.

Y'all don't remember Gen3 do you?

Back in my day if you had Ruby/Sapphire and literally nothing else outside of hacking you had barely any old Pokemon, you had to wait for Colo/XD/Emerald/FRLG
Online with friends in Mario Maker 2 further cements this argument; it might not seem like it, but Nintendo is always listening in on fan feedback, and they essentially have Game Freak under their control. The uproar caused by MM2 was loud enough, so I doubt that no changes will be made to SwSh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rather have Edelgard be a similar case to :ultcorrinf:, just her and a couple songs separate from the Fighter Pass.
Ehhhhhhh Fire Emblem only has three stages despite it's size and roster count. Edelgard coming WITHOUT a stage would be really disappointing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just wanted to make a single post and say

My most wanted that isn’t Goemon got in

Thank you, time to go back to my regularly scheduled hype heart attack

Iridium

Smash Hero
I’ve got a Garchomp from 2011. One of the few Pokémon I still have from my original play throughs of gens 4 and 5, the games that made me the huge Pokémon fan I am today. Of course I’d love to see him in the new game.

But it’s not the whole game. My priority is having a new adventure with the new Pokémon.

Besides, they’re probably gonna patch it.
I want a Dynamaxed Missingno. very badly.

Potato_

Smash Lord

It sucks but as long as the base game is actually good I'll live with it.

So far the new features look good, and I've actually liked every Pokemon they've showed.

If they patch the dex later it'll be perfect.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay but for real though I'm a-ok with no Z-Moves and Mega Crystals.

I'll miss some Megas, but others.... yeah no.

Besides.... they'll probably be back down the line anyway.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just wanted to make a single post and say

My most wanted that isn’t Goemon got in

Thank you, time to go back to my regularly scheduled hype heart attack
Hey man you won’t read this but I’m glad you’re alright

You’re never coming back and that sucks, but I got to see you one more time so I guess it all worked out

I’m happy Banjo made you happy

See ya :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note. if Crash and Elma were the final two. That alone would be extra icing on cake getting two other characters I want.

I'm still pulling out for the latter. After all we do need more bad*** kick*** female reps like :ultsamus:/:ultzss:

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay but for real though I'm a-ok with no Z-Moves and Mega Crystals.

I'll miss some Megas, but others.... yeah no.

Besides.... they'll probably be back down the line anyway.
Wait, did they confirm no Mega Stones?

That seems like it would be a kind of odd decision after they chose to put them into Let's Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom