• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I assuming you haven’t seen the latest leak/discovery from the last patch?

If you want an idea of where the game might go, I suggest searching that up.
Looked it up. And honestly... I get that it’s mostly recycled assets but... 75 new fighters, really? I mean, I like huge rosters, don’t get me wrong. But that feels unrealistic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Know another crossover fighting game that should occur?

Soulcalibur vs. Tekken.

Given both are actually set in the same universe. Tekken is just a present day Soulcalibur given Yoshimitsu (Descendant or lineage from the same clan). Ideal plot could be perhaps time and space being screwed over with the past interfering with the present.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Didn't Sakurai himself say in something recent that he was not interested in doing a second Fighters pass, so there may not be another one?
It was that Sakurai doesn't like the concept of Fighters Passes.

At the end of the day, Nintendo calls the shots. So it's not necessarily his choice whether they opt to plan a second one or not.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Know another crossover fighting game that should occur?

Soulcalibur vs. Tekken.

Given both are actually set in the same universe. Tekken is just a present day Soulcalibur given Yoshimitsu (Descendant or lineage from the same clan). Ideal plot could be perhaps time and space being screwed over with the past interfering with the present.
A fighting game where the characters primarily use their fists and realistic moves vs a fighting game where the characters primarily use weapons.... not a good idea imo.

SoulCalibur x Darkstalkers, now THAT’S an idea. Also interesting in seeing Dead or Alive x Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct, and Fighters Megamix 2.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Arc also has a set of 2D sprites for One piece characters so theoretically they could put the straw hats into cross tag if they still have the rights for One Piece.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It was that Sakurai doesn't like the concept of Fighters Passes.

At the end of the day, Nintendo calls the shots. So it's not necessarily his choice whether they opt to plan a second one or not.
Yeah, I kinda misspoke there. What I meant was he didn't like them, but it seemed people thought he didn't want to do a second one and did not realize it's Nintendo calling the shots on that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A fighting game where the characters primarily use their fists and realistic moves vs a fighting game where the characters primarily use weapons.... not a good idea imo.

SoulCalibur x Darkstalkers, now THAT’S an idea. Also interesting in seeing Dead or Alive x Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct, and Fighters Megamix 2.
To be fair I only really suggested it because they're both owned by Namco.

I'd also love for Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct. What we should had gotten instead of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe at least IMO because I know you like it and some others I recall.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Looked it up. And honestly... I get that it’s mostly recycled assets but... 75 new fighters, really? I mean, I like huge rosters, don’t get me wrong. But that feels unrealistic.
That’s why I said might go.

I don’t think there will be 75+ DLC characters, unless they decide to make Cross Tag Battle more a platform than a single game entry.

The series though, make a lot of sense.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s why I said might go.

I don’t think there will be 75+ DLC characters, unless they decide to make Cross Tag Battle more a platform than a single game entry.

The series though, make a lot of sense.
Yeah. At this point i’d be surprised if Senran Kagura isn’t in it.

What if they’re adding some new Assist character mechanic like the original Marvel vs. Capcom, and that’s why there are all those extra announcer calls?

Also, Arc System Works should have made Jump Force.

Also Double Dragon for Cross Tag Battle. Didn’t they make a new title a while ago? They could use the sprites from that. Edit: just looked up the gameplay from that one.... never mind.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah you know what Pokémon gatcha means? Seasonal alts!

I can’t wait for swimsuit Cynthia

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah. At this point i’d be surprised if Senran Kagura isn’t in it.

What if they’re adding some new Assist character mechanic like the original Marvel vs. Capcom, and that’s why there are all those extra announcer calls?

Also, Arc System Works should have made Jump Force.

Also Double Dragon for Cross Tag Battle. Didn’t they make a new title a while ago? They could use the sprites from that. Edit: just looked up the gameplay from that one.... never mind.
If they go the platform route, I could see them adding in Assist characters to get more representation/keep the game fresh.

Plus as of right now, the “sprite” team ( I forget if it’s Team Red or Blue that does that) is seemingly only working on CTB, so I could see them just focusing on building that game more instead of making a new one from the ground up.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah you know what Pokémon gatcha means? Seasonal alts!

I can’t wait for swimsuit Cynthia
People are gonna dump loads of money into that.

A Pokémon gacha game is a VERY smart move business-wise...

But they can very easily **** it up and ruin the game too. Depends on how they implement the gacha element.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People are gonna dump loads of money into that.

A Pokémon gacha game is a VERY smart move business-wise...

But they can very easily **** it up and ruin the game too. Depends on how they implement the gacha element.
If it’s balanced like feh was then I think it will make a truck load. It was a pretty smart move and I’m sure with DeNA they will handle it well.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If it’s balanced like feh was then I think it will make a truck load. It was a pretty smart move and I’m sure with DeNA they will handle it well.
Eh... FEH is OK-ish when it comes to actually being a gacha game. Not the best, but definitely not the worst.

My obvious bias aside, I do think Granblue is better in terms of generosity in the gacha department.

I think Dragalia Lost is good too, although I don’t play that one, unlike the other 2.

D

Deleted member

Hey @Zeke The Zekenator, someone made a DK 64 code that allows you to switch Kongs anywhere in the stage. Now 100%-ing it might actually be fun if Banjo isn't in.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey @Zeke The Zekenator, someone made a DK 64 code that allows you to switch Kongs anywhere in the stage. Now 100%-ing it might actually be fun if Banjo isn't in.

Haha, sad that nothing can make Bubsy 3D a good game if Banjo is in (might end up playing it either way).

Real answer though, DK64 is not really that annoying. At least the Kongs are different enough to be enjoyable to play.

D

Deleted member

Haha, sad that nothing can make Bubsy 3D a good game if Banjo is in (might end up playing it either way).

Real answer though, DK64 is not really that annoying. At least the Kongs are different enough to be enjoyable to play.
I think the general structure issue was because of all of the backtracking and having to basically explore the world five different times. This cuts that down and could potentially save me hours, which I'm grateful for.

But yeah, you kind of ended up with the **** end of the stick. At least nothing will make Battletoads easier for me other than the luxury of not starting from the title screen if I gameover.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kaze's work is SS Tier. Everything he does is so high quality and far beyond usually ROM hacks.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
What's everyone's favorite Mario game?
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. That game just oozes with charm and personality with a very colorful and bright cast and a simple yet very engaging story. The world in that game was also fantastic, and the gameplay was fun (especially the battles!)

I'd say this was Paper Mario at its peak!

D

Deleted member

Do Yoshi games not count?

Then Super Mario Odyssey in that case :yoshi:
Yoshi games can count lol

Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. That game just oozes with charm and personality with a very colorful and bright cast and a simple yet very engaging story. The world in that game was also fantastic, and the gameplay was fun (especially the battles!)

I'd say this was Paper Mario at its peak!
Paper Mario Ttyd was awesome. It's so awesome it's kinda hard for me to describe how much I like it. It just gives a deep sense of nostalgia and satisfaction when you play it (oh and yes, I'd definitely say it was Paper Mario at it's peak).

That's my second favorite Mario game. My first is Super Mario RPG.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What's everyone's favorite Mario game?
Either Odyssey or 64. Both take great strides for the series and I can just **** around with them and feel like I haven't wasted time one bit. 64 I'm naturally nostalgic over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom