• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Overall I'm pretty satisfied by the new conference.

Pokemon Bank or a successor was pretty much a guarantee going forward, but it's still really nice having an official confirmation. Being able to access it from you phone and trade through it also seems really nifty.

Pokemon Sleep is....eh? I might buy the plus+ anyway though because I'm a bit of a pokemon drone. Really skeptical that it'll do anything to improve my sleep quality though.

Pokemon Masters looks like something I'm going to burn a lot of time (and hopefully not money) on, at least for it's first year or two.

The lack of Sw/Sh news doesn't surprise me in the slightest, since we've got a direct coming soon. They've got to show something interesting during that.

brock.jpg
Those eyes are piecing my soul.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm really hoping we get the cover legendaries or even the starter final evolutions, but for now I'll probably keep my expectations in check.

I'm glad to see you're still around.:)

Eh, well you can't always control what other people do. But I will say at least they've made it so you can't so easily load Pokemon you hacked online or transfer them to other games, or at least it's been that way sometimes.

I remember when I used an AR and the game was basically, "No, **** you" when I tried to transfer one of my shiny Salamences that I had caught. Good times.
Being able to transfer pokemon from all those places means there'll be even less strict rules and people just gotta figure out what doesnt get caught.
Anyway, it was still a problem in sun and moon. I was just hoping it wouldnt be the case for future games, but oh well. we'll have fun in our own ways anyway ;p

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I'm really hoping we get the cover legendaries or even the starter final evolutions, but for now I'll probably keep my expectations in check.
Box legends, definitely. They're almost as important as the starters. We'll probably get final evos in October (my birth month lol).

I'm glad to see you're still around.:)
I said I was takin a backseat, not leaving forever.

Besides, you can't expect me to not be around when there's Pokemon stuff goin on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope next Smash uses Pokemon Masters Red instead of whatever that duck-faced thing we got in Smash was.
By the time the next Smash comes around there'll be fifteen more Kanto remakes with fifteen more Red designs, who knows which one they'll use.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can't say I was that interested in what was shown in that Pokemon Press Conference. I stopped playing Pokemon Go, so that and the Pokemon Sleep news didn't do much for me.

I'm more interested in that Pokemon Masters game, even if it turns out to be a gacha game. I'd LOVE to have Steven, Wally, Roark, Byron, Jasmine, Morty, Acerola, Nanu, and Cyrus fight alongside me.

Ragna isnt Ragna if he doesnt call people ******** tho and he wont be able to call anyone that in smash
That's a good point. Ragna does swear a lot, but I think they could find a way of retaining his usual personality in Smash even without the swearing. He could still throw some insults, but maybe not to the point he drops a swear.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hey, do you all enjoy looking at long lists of names? Well then you're in luck! I need a newcomer idea that could genuinely join the roster, makes sense to add, hasn't been deconfirmed, and is not on this list.

Bandana DeeKarate JoeRaymanImpaErdrickElmaProfessor LaytonCrash BandicootLloyd IrvingSpyroBanjo & KazooiePhoenix WrightSoraSteveSlippy ToadEdelgardTerry BogardSyluxSceptile9-VoltKing BooLara CroftDixie KongTails ProwerChorus KidsNoctis CaelumReimu HakureiJin KazamaCidAndyBlazikenLipHeihachi MishimaQuoteSlimeHectorPorky2BGarchompTaizo HoriMonaDarukKyo KusanagiYooka LayleeMagnusUrbosaMonster HunterMedusaArle NadjaLeon KennedySansBaby Bros.CelicaToon ZeldaNeku SakurabaShantaeGenoMach RiderZeraoraPaper MarioOctolingRyu HayabusaPrince FluffMachampDoom SlayerHadesRevaliDr. EggmanRashCronoBlack ShadowFiMicaiahClausMagolorAmy RoseBalloon FighterAmaterasuExcitebikerMalloTetraLycanrocAiAiDry BowserGaretMiphaPolywrathIvanVaatiDecidueyeMiaJill DozerAdeleineWonder RedKassUndyneSavvy StylistLanky KongSidonKlonoaSilverHildaKOS-MOSEmpoleonFawfulFjormCaptain SyrupOwainMelmetalRhythm GirlRabbidLuccaRundasQbbyLanaStanleyTom NookMike JonesJibanyanThe PrinceDeMilleDovahkiinBarbara the BatDr. LobeBlazeAzuraOrbulonProtectorMonokumaSephiroth

Good luck!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Looks like Rosa has a Serperior, neato.

Red has a blue flame on his hat to go wit this Mega Charizard. I wonder where he keeps his keystone?

Look at the hips of those new kids. Seems like the Rotomdex is back. I wonder if Sword/Shield will have rotomdexes as well? Anyway I take it those kids are the new protagonists, and Pikachu is probably their partner.

I'll bet we'll see Pokemon Villains eventually as well. Looking forward to Archie, assuming they use his ORAS version rather then his classic one.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
First thing I said when they announced the game was "Why the **** rwby and why not Guilty Gear?"
I mean, apparently the creators approached Rooster Teeth about making a RWBY fighter after seeing the show, so that's actually the crux of the idea. Didn't the creator say he wanted it to have, like, 8 franchises in it or something?

Also, Sol Badguy is defiantly on the table if we get more than one fighter pass. Need I remind you of my long term predictions?
Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire of Astora
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

Bonus Character: Edelgard von Hræsvelgr
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  • Steve
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Astral Chain Protagonists
  • Sans
  • Doomslayer

Bonus Character: Pokemon Sun and Moon Starter Final Evolution

Fighter Pass 3
  • Chorus Kids
  • Rayman
  • Terry Bogard
  • Sol Badguy
  • Kratos

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey, do you all enjoy looking at long lists of names? Well then you're in luck! I need a newcomer idea that could genuinely join the roster, makes sense to add, hasn't been deconfirmed, and is not on this list.

Bandana DeeKarate JoeRaymanImpaErdrickElmaProfessor LaytonCrash BandicootLloyd IrvingSpyroBanjo & KazooiePhoenix WrightSoraSteveSlippy ToadEdelgardTerry BogardSyluxSceptile9-VoltKing BooLara CroftDixie KongTails ProwerChorus KidsNoctis CaelumReimu HakureiJin KazamaCidAndyBlazikenLipHeihachi MishimaQuoteSlimeHectorPorky2BGarchompTaizo HoriMonaDarukKyo KusanagiYooka LayleeMagnusUrbosaMonster HunterMedusaArle NadjaLeon KennedySansBaby Bros.CelicaToon ZeldaNeku SakurabaShantaeGenoMach RiderZeraoraPaper MarioOctolingRyu HayabusaPrince FluffMachampDoom SlayerHadesRevaliDr. EggmanRashCronoBlack ShadowFiMicaiahClausMagolorAmy RoseBalloon FighterAmaterasuExcitebikerMalloTetraLycanrocAiAiDry BowserGaretMiphaPolywrathIvanVaatiDecidueyeMiaJill DozerAdeleineWonder RedKassUndyneSavvy StylistLanky KongSidonKlonoaSilverHildaKOS-MOSEmpoleonFawfulFjormCaptain SyrupOwainMelmetalRhythm GirlRabbidLuccaRundasQbbyLanaStanleyTom NookMike JonesJibanyanThe PrinceDeMilleDovahkiinBarbara the BatDr. LobeBlazeAzuraOrbulonProtectorMonokumaSephiroth

Good luck!
-BoshiPoochy

Appended after marriage :yoshi:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Good luck!
Velvet Crowe.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, apparently the creators approached Rooster Teeth about making a RWBY fighter after seeing the show, so that's actually the crux of the idea. Didn't the creator say he wanted it to have, like, 8 franchises in it or something?

Also, Sol Badguy is defiantly on the table if we get more than one fighter pass. Need I remind you of my long term predictions?
Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire of Astora
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

Bonus Character: Edelgard von Hræsvelgr
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  • Steve
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Astral Chain Protagonists
  • Sans
  • Doomslayer

Bonus Character: Pokemon Sun and Moon Starter Final Evolution

Fighter Pass 3
  • Chorus Kids
  • Rayman
  • Terry Bogard
  • Sol Badguy
  • Kratos
Didn't Sakurai himself say in something recent that he was not interested in doing a second Fighters pass, so there may not be another one?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Good luck!
I mean...

If Owain counts as a reasonable pick, then Caeda and Henry Fleming. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Good luck!
Ragna the Bloodedge
Noel Vermillion
Sol Badguy

All three of them are good candidates as Arc System Works reps.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder. The Detective Pikachu sequel will not have the movie’s ending.

So how do they do it I wonder? I played the game liked it and thought what they did in the movie was the most likely choice.

It should be interesting

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Didn't Sakurai himself say in something recent that he was not interested in doing a second Fighters pass, so there may not be another one?
I don't know. Did he? At this point someone on the internet could say that Sakurai wants to legitimately put in Zoe Trent and people would believe it. The combination if leaks, the ease of creation of falsities, the corporate secrecy, and the translation barrier makes getting any actual bead on that man's mindset impossible.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Good luck!
Nightmare from Soulcalibur

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I intend to give Detective Pikachu a watch once it comes out on NetFlix.

I would watch it in theaters but given I have to begin budgeting myself I can only select up to some movies at a time every year. The max being 15 though I can also cheat with a few others as I had with Pet Sematary (Due to my friend wanting to see it), Shazam! and eventually Crawl (Only if the dog lives).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, so there's probably going to be 4 more franchises in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. I remember a rumor that Senran Kagura was going to be one of them, but let's take a look at some of the other possibilities based on who Arc System Works has worked with in the past.

Double Dragon
Guilty Gear
Jake Hunter
Kunio-kun
DragonBall FighterZ
Granblue Fantasy Versus.

Probably not Granblue because that project is kind of new... not sure about DBZ, i mean, FighterZ is still in active development but is kind of old at the same time. I would totally love it if Double Dragon and Guilty Gear got some love in here though.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Good luck!
Spyro, Banjo & Kazooie.

Crossover event of the year

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know. Did he? At this point someone on the internet could say that Sakurai wants to legitimately put in Zoe Trent and people would believe it. The combination if leaks, the ease of creation of falsities, the corporate secrecy, and the translation barrier makes getting any actual bead on that man's mindset impossible.
It was in this.

Here is one detail said to come from this.

"He (Sakurai) is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents. (p165)"

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, but for real though, the conference was... OK, I guess.

Detective Pikachu Switch was something I expected, but it’s still nice to see it actually happen.

I’m not even gonna start with Pokémon Sleep.

Pokémon Masters.... intrigues me. As both a Pokémon fan and a gacha fan (if my multiple posts/ profile pics on Granblue haven’t made that obvious by now). This game could either be really good or really bad, so jury’s out on that... for now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still surprised Detective Pikachu has only made over 200 million especially given Pokemon's popularity. I was certain it'd be a billion dollar hit or at least close.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay, so there's probably going to be 4 more franchises in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. I remember a rumor that Senran Kagura was going to be one of them, but let's take a look at some of the other possibilities based on who Arc System Works has worked with in the past.

Double Dragon
Guilty Gear
Jake Hunter
Kunio-kun
DragonBall FighterZ
Granblue Fantasy Versus.

Probably not Granblue because that project is kind of new... not sure about DBZ, i mean, FighterZ is still in active development but is kind of old at the same time. I would totally love it if Double Dragon and Guilty Gear got some love in here though.
Me and a friend of mine were talking about this, it could be possible to see Dragon Ball Z be added since Cross tag mostly recycles sprites from other Arc games and they already have a set of 2D sprites for the Dragon ball cast from the 3DS game.

The absurd idea of having Goku face off against Yu Narukami might actually be enough to get me to buy this game.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Double Dragon
Guilty Gear
Jake Hunter
Kunio-kun
DragonBall FighterZ
Granblue Fantasy Versus.

I assuming you haven’t seen the latest leak/discovery from the last patch?

If you want an idea of where the game might go, I suggest searching that up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Is there a link? Am I... am I supposed to Vibe it or something? Like.... what am I supposed to take from this picture?
That was a cover of his recent book. That said, I am having a hard time finding a direct link, since all of this was from a book.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Me and a friend of mine were talking about this, it could be possible to see Dragon Ball Z be added since Cross tag mostly recycles sprites from other Arc games and they already have a set of 2D sprites for the Dragon ball cast from the 3DS game.

The absurd idea of having Goku face off against Yu Narukami might actually be enough to get me to buy this game.
Oooooo. I didn’t know it was recycled sprites.

Still hoping for Double Dragon and Guilty Gear. But I guess we could mark DBZ as the third.

That would be kind of cool. Like the legit possibility of Astro Boy and Black Jack getting into Blade Strangers.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
BlazBlue, I've always been interested but never picked any up. Was gonna start with Cross Tag Battle just because I love crossovers. Though I'm surprised it dosn't have Guilty Gear characters in it.
Yeah because Guilty Gear is 3D and everything in BBTAG is 2D.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I think Mori said that. I just want GG so I can play as my boy Bridget

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oooooo. I didn’t know it was recycled sprites.

Still hoping for Double Dragon and Guilty Gear. But I guess we could mark DBZ as the third.

That would be kind of cool. Like the legit possibility of Astro Boy and Black Jack getting into Blade Strangers.
The only ones that arent recycled are the RWBY ones because they haven't been in a game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom