• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The one time reading Twitch chat made the stream somehow better. And the translator losing it for some reason.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean I wasn't really expecting any significant announcements so I guess this thing was meh. I'm just looking forward to seeing the designs in that Trainer mobile game as well as the characters voice acted.

And lol they kept the "Bonjour" line Green/Blue had in the Gen 1 games. That's a nice touch.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The pokemon sleep thing was way too vague. Can the device at least act as an alarm clock with pokemon sounds?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh no Pokemon Masters actually looks cool.

Please don't be a gacha. Please don't be a gacha. Please don't be a gacha.

...It's made by DeNA. It's going to be a gacha, isn't it.
The game was leaked a month ago. It’s a gatcha

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only thing I really expected was rumble rush.

I guess that’s launching worldwide with the direct next week?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Memers need to get to work. This presentation should give them material for months at least.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not upset at all though, the info I want is coming next week. I just thought the sleep stuff was funny.

Bara Brock tho

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Prediction: Pokemon Masters is a gacha game, but instead of pulling Pokemon you pull trainers, and they'll be paired with a partner Pokemon.

Please make Youngster Joey a 5-star pull.
The game was leaked a month ago. It’s a gatcha
Source?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nintendo's so weird sometimes.

well at least i didnt have any expectations. june is where it's at ;p

Iridium

Smash Hero
The pokemon sleep thing was way too vague. Can the device at least act as an alarm clock with pokemon sounds?
The plan is to get people to sleep early enough. Then, a wild
appears, and it proceeds to eat your dreams. They want to feed the Pokémon.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My friends call me grandpa because I sleep a lot.

I can't wait to become a Pokemon Sleeping Master.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Prediction: Pokemon Masters is a gacha game, but instead of pulling Pokemon you pull trainers, and they'll be paired with a partner Pokemon.

Please make Youngster Joey a 5-star pull.

Source?
Watch this starting at 6:50.
Someone leaked it to ruffled rowlit

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Pretty solid press conference. I'm not as interested in the mobile stuff, but I figured Pokemon Home or at least Bank for Switch was coming. It only makes sense.

I think it's pretty cool that you can download it onto your phone as well, and that you can trade Pokemon through your phone. That's super cool.

Now all we have to do is wait until next week for that sweet, sweet Sword & Shield news. Can't wait!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like that new design of Red more than Pokemon Sun's. But I wish Sugimori drew more prominent noses from time to time.

EDIT: Also Brock of the North Star's dope.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario and Pokémon (Nintendo overall) can’t catch a break from the roasts today

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Watch this starting at 6:50.
Someone leaked it to ruffled rowlit
Hm...

Okay yep, I buy this one. It already got a few things right and the next other few things seem pretty logical based on what we've seen so far.

Gacha it is. Shoot.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not ready for the endless wave of Brock fanart from this all. The devs knew what they were doing.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pretty solid press conference. I'm not as interested in the mobile stuff, but I figured Pokemon Home or at least Bank for Switch was coming. It only makes sense.

I think it's pretty cool that you can download it onto your phone as well, and that you can trade Pokemon through your phone. That's super cool.

Now all we have to do is wait until next week for that sweet, sweet Sword & Shield news. Can't wait!
It's cool and all, but I was hoping they'd step away from pokemon being easy to hack. This is all just going to make it so much easier. Guess people will just have to take pride for things they actually did and not care too much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I take it Pokémon Sleep is probably gonna be the spiritual rebirth of the Vitality Sensor Nintendo wanted to make all those years ago and then never talked about again.

PokéGacha featuring trainers. Hell yeah I'll try that. Give Looker his dead Croagunk so I can cry.

Being able to trade in Pokémon Home from a smart phone is actually huge news. Like, that kinda blew me away.

Lol at how little they talked about Detective Pikachu 2.

Snorlax in Smash as a playable character should be a thing.
I swear i'll go to a Pokemon center one day
Back in 2006 I went to the NYC location for the big tenth anniversary event. Great time there that day. Of course, that location became the Nintendo World Store that we know today not too long after.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I take it Pokémon Sleep is probably gonna be the spiritual rebirth the Vitality Sensor Nintendo wanted to make all those years ago and then never talked about again

PokéGacha featuring trainers. Hell yeah I'll try that. Give Looker his dead Croagunk so I can cry.

Being able to trade in Pokémon Home from a smart phone is actually huge news. Like, that kinda blew me away.

Lol at how little they talked about Detective Pikachu 2.

Snorlax in Smash as a playable character should be a thing.

Back in 2006 I went to the NYC location for the big tenth anniversary event. Great time there that day. Of course, that location became the Nintendo World Store that we know today not too long after.
Reminded more of Iwata's Quality of Life stuff, especially since the only thing announced for it was a sleep sensor device.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
SWORD/SHIELD HYPE

View attachment 224916

It's gonna be the slowest week ever tho lol
Yeah, I'm really hoping we get the cover legendaries or even the starter final evolutions, but for now I'll probably keep my expectations in check.

I'm glad to see you're still around.:)
It's cool and all, but I was hoping they'd step away from pokemon being easy to hack. This is all just going to make it so much easier. Guess people will just have to take pride for things they actually did and not care too much.
Eh, well you can't always control what other people do. But I will say at least they've made it so you can't so easily load Pokemon you hacked online or transfer them to other games, or at least it's been that way sometimes.

I remember when I used an AR and the game was basically, "No, **** you" when I tried to transfer one of my shiny Salamences that I had caught. Good times.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Overall I'm pretty satisfied by the new conference.

Pokemon Bank or a successor was pretty much a guarantee going forward, but it's still really nice having an official confirmation. Being able to access it from you phone and trade through it also seems really nifty.

Pokemon Sleep is....eh? I might buy the plus+ anyway though because I'm a bit of a pokemon drone. Really skeptical that it'll do anything to improve my sleep quality though.

Pokemon Masters looks like something I'm going to burn a lot of time (and hopefully not money) on, at least for it's first year or two.

The lack of Sw/Sh news doesn't surprise me in the slightest, since we've got a direct coming soon. They've got to show something interesting during that.
As if Brock wasn't memed enough already...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I hope next Smash uses Pokemon Masters Red instead of whatever that duck-faced thing we got in Smash was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom