• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
What are everyone's wants for Marvel vs. Capcom 4?

I'd love me myself Apocalypse, Punisher, Yondu, Asura and Augus. Also Groot with Rocket.
MvC3 vets and Scarlet Witch would be lovely.
With SwSh not bringing back all Pokémon, Mega Evolutions, and Z-Moves, I wonder if Pokémon Showdown is going to do anything to "fix" it.

Like maybe make a battle format that combines the assets of both generations 7 and 8?
I wouldn't even mind keeping the Gens completely separate.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Disney has some good stuff, but I feel their just losing the passion and inspiration, honestly.
I feel the same about them, honestly. Their old movies were part of my childhood, and even some animated shows like Kim Possible and the like. But right now, it is just....meh. I don't go to the threaters anymore. There hasn't been anything from them worth while to even go.

I am not fan of the Assassin's Creed movie movie from Ubisoft, but at least the games I got make up for it. Though it still bothers me that they have all this wonderful looking CG that they use for their game trailers, and yet they went live action, and caused massive confusion to many people with the story. I fell asleep myself with the phone on my hand as I was watching it at home. And went back into playing the games afterwards. (I should go play AC II...even though I am not that invested in the story.)

And Nintendo, probably learned from their mistake with the Mario Bros. Movie...I wonder if they had been successful with animated movies of their properties back then, they would fall into the same thing that Disney is in right now.

D

Deleted member

I don't go to the threaters anymore. There hasn't been anything from them worth while to even go.
*ring ring*

Hello? Oh, yes. ahem This is for you.

1563835605510.jpeg

Jokes aside, yeah, I totally feel that. A lot of movies nowadays just.... eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'd love me myself Apocalypse, Punisher, Yondu, Asura and Augus. Also Groot with Rocket.
Most of the UMVC3 Roster + MMX, Venom, Black Panther, Sigma. A few brand new characters like Carnage/Mysterio and Nero.

D

Deleted member

I’m working on a Jevil voice and need something stupid to say, Give me your best meme.

AndreaAC

*ring ring*

Hello? Oh, yes. ahem This is for you.

View attachment 232231

Jokes aside, yeah, I totally feel that. A lot of movies nowadays just.... eh?
xD Hahaha, I have heard wonders about this one! I don't go out much, but yeah, I might give it a shot, since it is of the few competent works nowadays.

:( It's a HUGE shame, with any company that does this way. I am praying for Sega right now. That Sonic will leave a lot of scars if they don't actually fix him.

Ubi failed. Nintendo succeeded, but still needs more to go through (let's wait for the Mario movie...), and Sega, well, we will have to wait for it too. (Videogame companies worry me more than Disney...)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Mobile's acting weird, me losing my train of thought, and the sound of thunder outside my house again. Should still be on the trending page, but I changed the link.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Figured you two would like to see the Picard trailer in my previous post.
Just watched it. It actually looks very good. I'll have to see the full movie when it comes out.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I know this is mostly seen as the "wrong opinion," but almost everything Disney makes is great, so I wouldn't care if they were a monopoly.
A lot of people welcomed the Disney-Fox merger because it meant they could get the X-men rights back to Marvel but it did worry many people in congress

D

Deleted member

xD Hahaha, I have heard wonders about this one! I don't go out much, but yeah, I might give it a shot, since it is of the few competent works nowadays.

:( It's a HUGE shame, with any company that does this way. I am praying for Sega right now. That Sonic will leave a lot of scars if they don't actually fix him.

Ubi failed. Nintendo succeeded, but still needs more to go through (let's wait for the Mario movie...), and Sega, well, we will have to wait for it too. (Videogame companies worry me more than Disney...)
It is a must watch, even if your not a movie guy, I can not stress enough how amazing it is. Easily my favorite movie of all time.

I mean, no pressure, of course. xD
My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard

Shhhhhhh

Spoils
If I don’t record that, I may lose my sanity.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So a bit of an update

caught every Shadow Pokemon up to Raikou. Giving myself a bit of grinding and training before I face Ein so I will be able to conquer him plus future battles. Right now, I'm replacing my Altaria for Vibrava and should evolve to Flygon by the time of purification. Then I'll have a ground type ready to kick ass for the rest of the game. So my team is as of the following...

Vui the Espeon (I might replace the name to Ace)
Neptune the Feraligatr
Jupiter the Ampharos
Wii Fit the Medicham (will replace with Heracross later)
Blitzen the Stantler
Vibrava

It took me until last night after planning the team that I realized it's all Gen II and only two Gen III in it even with replacing Altaria. Most likely go down to one once I replace Wii Fit with Heracross towards the end of the game. If I can grind hard and get Megahorn before the final battle, I'm good to go. We'll see if I will gain the same view for XD: Gale of Darkness once I start playing that again later down the road.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm a little worried about the Mario movie.

Yes, I know the minds behind the Minions are animating it, but that's not why I'm worried. I'm actually worried that Miyamoto will have too much influence during production and cause what could've been a somewhat interesting story turn into, "Peach was kidnapped by Bowser again! Let's join Mario and Luigi as they travel through the Mushroom Kingdom to rescue her."

Ehh... At the very least, the animation itself will be good.

AndreaAC

Yes, I know the minds behind the Minions are animating it, but that's not why I'm worried. I'm actually worried that Miyamoto will have too much influence during production and cause what could've been a somewhat interesting story turn into, "Peach was kidnapped by Bowser again! Let's join Mario and Luigi as they travel through the Mushroom Kingdom to rescue her."

That is a posibility...I cannot imagine how strict Miyamoto is going to be, but after the first Mario movie...yeah, maybe he's not going to risk to get another mess like that one. And I agree, the animation will at least be good and not Live Action like back then.

I still cannot believe the same guy that played Luigi in that movie was the voice for Globox in Rayman 3...and he's ridiculously annoying there.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I'll only be listing new characters that haven't been in the series before.

Star-Lord, Punisher, Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, Elsa Bloodstone, Dr. Octopus, Simon Blackquill, Lady, Juri, Regina, Katt from Breath of Fire, June Lin Milliam

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

They should honestly just base the film off the Super Mario Adventures comic, that’s probably one of the few instances where Mario shines outside of the games.

And I still don’t see the animation itself being good coming from Illumination.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh right, I caught a shiny mudkip yesterday. I was working through community day hours so I caught it with my 50$ Mew Pokeball+.

I want to name him something Gravity Falls related because that's what comes to mind when I think of "a-x-o-l-o-t-l"s now, but if I decide to evolve it into a Swampert I'm not sure "Dipper" would be a very fitting name for it.

You know what I'll just call it KippyFresh.

Do we trust Illumination to come up with a interesting story in the first place?

Their animation is more appealing then people give them credit for but their stories tend to be really cliche.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Newcomers I'd like Nero from DMC4/5, the Arisen from Dragon's Dogma, Ryu from Breath of Fire, Cody from Final Fight, Sanada Yukimura/Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara, Edward Falcon from Power Stone, and Batsu from Rival Schools.

Return Amaterasu from Okami and Vergil from DMC1/3/4/5.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Oh right, I caught a shiny mudkip yesterday. I was working through community day hours so I caught it with my 50$ Mew Pokeball+.

I want to name him something Gravity Falls related because that's what comes to mind when I think of "a-x-o-l-o-t-l"s now, but if I decide to evolve it into a Swampert I'm not sure "Dipper" would be a very fitting name for it.

You know what I'll just call it KippyFresh.

Do we trust Illumination to come up with a interesting story in the first place?

Their animation is more appealing then people give them credit for but their stories tend to be really cliche.
And there is way too big a chance they turn toads into the new minions

I really hope I didnt wish that into existence

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I never saw an issue with the animation, it was great. Storytelling is where it all falls flat.
I agree. The animation isn't Pixar or anything, but it's still top-notch. It's the storytelling that's a complete mess.

The Secret Life of Pets is a good example. The first time you watch it, you'll have a hard time keeping up with the story. There's so many unnecessary scenes and characters that get added, and it wastes a lot of time.

The first two Despicable Me movies were pretty good as far as storytelling goes. Wasn't anything spectacular, but it at least shows me that Illumination is capable of not completely blowing it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I feel like Illumination could still do a good job with the Mario movie

The studio's track records shouldn't be the be all end all when it comes to the quality of the finished product.

One moment, Sony Animation could give us something as reviled and atrocious as Emoji Movie, and the next thing you know, they're releasing highly lauded and award winning films like Into The Spiderverse.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Secret Life of Pets is a good example. The first time you watch it, you'll have a hard time keeping up with the story. There's so many unnecessary scenes and characters that get added, and it wastes a lot of time.
The Secret Life of Pets 2 is somehow even worse. They’re trying to have several different plot lines all happening at the same time, and it’s just chaotic.

Edit: Also, when the promo billboard said “Don’t laugh.” They meant it. This movie won’t get a single chuckle out of you.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
The thing with Illumination is that their films are mostly mediocre.

They're not terrible nor they're masterpieces, but they could clearly do better in all departments that aren't the animation itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom