• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can you post it?
Ask and you shall receive
This just came from the Porky thread. What are everyone's thoughts? Real or fake?

Like @Taylor F said, the lighting on Porky’s spider machine seems off. Plus this looks like a model that can whipped up in Blender in an hour, not even doing anything discernible like how Ken was taunting in that one leak. That’s difficult to fabricate

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, the Porky mech just looks like an unfinished texture. Cool idea for a fake leak though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
ANYWAY

The DLC thread is discussing a new Porky image leak that surfaced. It looks pretty fake to me, but it’s something to talk about.

Remember how elaborate and realistic that 3DS Palutena leak looked? Then the creator came forth and admitted it was fake
If it's somehow real, I'd really hope it's an extremely early screenshot. Pretty certain it's fake.

Doesn't look nice at all as a Smash model, just as a nice simple model, the most-detailed thing being Porky's hair. I'd expect something closer to that moveset comic someone made for him, or the Source Film Maker model someone made based on Ness's and Lucas's style in Ultimate; I'm not so sure he'd have those pudgy cheeks or pretty much the entire bottom of his face extending past his hair the way it does...

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
ANYWAY

The DLC thread is discussing a new Porky image leak that surfaced. It looks pretty fake to me, but it’s something to talk about.

Remember how elaborate and realistic that 3DS Palutena leak looked? Then the creator came forth and admitted it was fake
Porky is a pretty lame choice if by some chance this turns out to be true.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
now i don't think the porky leak is in any way real

but smash characters still heavy in development can have some slightly dodgy model work

1563744424342.png

D

Deleted member

Ok, here’s why I think the Porky leak is fake.

So, Porky’s machine is one solid color of gray, with no shading. Now, in Blender, there are two shading types, smooth and flat. Smooth is normal, fine shading, while flat takes the majority of the color of the shading and puts it on that face. (For example, if a part of a mesh was shaded mostly black with a tiny lit up bit, that part would be fully black.) So, 0 shading is not an option. For convenience purposes, it makes sense that SSBU’s engine works the same way, so you’d have to go out of your way for that bad looking effect in a standard 3D engine, leading me to believe the leak is actually edited.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

but smash characters still heavy in development can have some slightly dodgy model work
Heck, even Chrom has some issues with his model, though that’s mainly cause the fighter model was pretty much rigging the model in Robin’s Final Smash to Roy’s skeleton

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hey im bac-

what the **** is a porky leak

i am the porky shill, i must be informed of this by law

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 232083
Smash’s models can be a little rough, but I can totally see things like that happening in game development. Things **** how bad Porky’s machine’s lighting looks does not just happen.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Heck, even Chrom has some issues with his model, though that’s mainly cause the fighter model was pretty much rigging the model in Robin’s Final Smash to Roy’s skeleton
emmeryn: literally falls to her death
smash chrom:

1563744823135.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ok, here’s why I think the Porky leak is fake.

So, Porky’s machine is one solid color of gray, with no shading. Now, in Blender, there are two shading types, smooth and flat. Smooth is normal, fine shading, while flat takes the majority of the color of the shading and puts it on that face. (For example, if a part of a mesh was shaded mostly black with a tiny lit up bit, that part would be fully black.) So, 0 shading is not an option. For convenience purposes, it makes sense that SSBU’s engine works the same way, so you’d have to go out of your way for that bad looking effect in a standard 3D engine, leading me to believe the leak is actually edited.
What is this Porky leak? Did I miss something?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 232083
At the same time, game devs would at least add some polish to the textures before they were put into the game. They wouldn’t just have solid grey for such a big part of the character’s model, even if it was a W.I.P.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 232083
yeah but Porky's mech in that picture doesn't match up as well as it should.

Original sprite:

Heavily Armed Porky.png

A fan-made model that's much better and much more accurate (albeit too big for Smash if not just used in one move or a final smash):

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1563744941703.png

Blurry, angled, zoomed in. Not even worth a mention. Decent at best, but not convincing in any capacity

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

While I love both their render and in-game models and don't want anything dramatically changed, this split-second image caught my eye.

Weird Arm.jpg

Like, I know they buffed my boy, but my gawd.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah but Porky's mech in that picture doesn't match up as well as it should.
Porky is blond in Mother 2 and 3. We shouldn't disregard it just because of artistic liberties. We should disregard it because of how the picture was made instead. If you're a real leaker, post the whole screen you ****ing buffoons.

Now this?

1563745061704.png

Solid. Amazing. Beautiful leak that no one really cared or talked about. Yeah it was a picture of a screen but at least it showed everything.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Porky is blond in Mother 2 and 3. We shouldn't disregard it just because of artistic liberties. We should disregard it because of how the picture was made instead. If you're a real leaker, post the whole screen you ****ing buffoons.

Now this?

View attachment 232092

Solid. Amazing. Beautiful leak that no one really cared or talked about.
If this leak had anyone else it’d go down in history

But it was Ken

So no one cared

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I read leak I still giggle just by remembering the Photoshoped Little Mac...
Remember when mods shut down threads during Smash 4 because they said the ESRB leak was fake? Oh man, when I find out who was behind that they're gonna get a nae nae and a half.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Porky leak is what I call it when I fry up bacon in a pan and then use the remaining grease to cook eggs in, to improve their flavor.

D

Deleted member

there is something slightly uncanny about some of these animations

View attachment 232093
LOL

The problem is the lack of expression. The faces look like their T-pose expressions with the jaw open.

When animating, you want to move every single part that is visible on screen to make it as life like as possible. Not to mention, the poses feel stiff.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Porky leak is what I call it when I fry up bacon in a pan and then use the remaining grease to cook eggs in, to improve their flavor.
That sounds...

INCREDIBLY unhealthy

And possibly a fire hazard

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't even get halfway through the guh-huh intensifies video. It's too horrifying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That sounds...

INCREDIBLY unhealthy

And possibly a fire hazard
Oh it's certainly not healthy, but when you consider that many use butter as a non-sticking agent for eggs and that bacon grease does the same thing, it's not a huge deal. It's not like I use ALL of the grease either, I dispose of some of it before I add the eggs. Most restaurants do this with eggs btw, it's why their eggs seem somewhat greasy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're in the Wild when it comes to leaks. Only means the fake leaks are crazier than they'd be if there was an :ultinkling: of an idea where the game is headed.

D

Deleted member

While I love both their render and in-game models and don't want anything dramatically changed, this split-second image caught my eye.

Like, I know they buffed my boy, but my gawd.
I can excuse that because it's probably just something they did to make the animation look smoother/more visible in motion, it just ends up looking awkward when freeze-framed. Like this for example;
1563745840541.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom