• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I still don’t think he’s in unless we get a bonus Character. Unless he’s also classified as his own series with his own symbol and music.
Galaxy brain time.

Geno has a spirit.

Mallow has a spirit.

If spirits deconfirm then

That just means they'll need to be a tag team. :yeahboi: There's no Geno AND Mallow spirit.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't say I agree. It's a fighting game. I've never had much of a purpose for the extra modes. They're cute and a decent way to kill an hour or two, but I've never considered them the reason to play Smash. I spend 90% of my playtime in local and online versus. The game was instantly the best Smash the moment they announced every character was in it along with 103 stages. The 10/10 newcomer roster doesn't hurt either.

Besides... no way is it worse than Smash 4. Unique Classic runs and World Of Light alone offer a good 30-40 hours of single player content, which is a far cry from anything in Smash 4. And World Of Light actually focuses on the core Smash gameplay, rather than the awkward platforming levels of the SSE.
I miss the platforming levels. I thought they were fun. There’s no reason WoL couldn’t have had both like how Cuphead handles things. Well, actually there is, it was development time.

Plus, I can’t help but feel that Home Run Contest, maybe even Smash Run, will make a return with future content updates.

Also, what’s with all the 4 hate? It was plenty of fun. Just because the sequel beats it in almost every way doesn’t mean it’s bad. I don’t exactly pop on to play it anymore but... it’s still fun.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The biggest [X] to doubt about that whole "Leak" for me is "Midgar gets new music"

I'm not going to pull the "Square is stingy!" card since Hero looks like they poured a lot of love into him, but have we ever had a 3rd party stage get new music via DLC before?

Definitely possible I assume, but if the Final Fantasy music rights are such a hassle to get ahold of, I have a hard time believing that we'd be getting more, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'm just interested in seeing how the MCU is gonna top off Phase 4 in a way that is satisfying, especially after Endgame.
I still don’t think they ended phase 3 in a satisfying way but whatever.

The biggest [X] to doubt about that whole "Leak" for me is "Midgar gets new music"

I'm not going to pull the "Square is stingy!" card since Hero looks like they poured a lot of love into him, but have we ever had a 3rd party stage get new music via DLC before?

Definitely possible I assume, but if the Final Fantasy music rights are such a hassle to get ahold of, I have a hard time believing that we'd be getting more, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
I don’t care if it gets new music. But more spirits and Cloud’s English voice? Please! I know the later probably won’t ever happen but.... I don’t know. Maybe if Nintendo actually wanted to pay their voice actors it never would have been an issue.

Also here’s a fun thing to do: aside from Professor X, who should be on the first iteration of the X-Men in the MCU? Gimme 6 characters. I’ll go first: Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Beast and Nightcrawler.
It should be a deadly genesis movie. The first class is in danger, trapped on the living island Krakoa, and Charles gets new mutants to rescue them. But it will be the cast of the 2005 version. So Darwin, Petra, and Vulcan. Maybe throw in Polaris for good measure. Then it’s about the first class (Angel, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops, and Marvel Girl) mentoring them. Characters like Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler etc will make eventual appearances. But the primarily new and unknown cast will be Marvel’s way of making their take on the series be more stand-out and unique from Fox’s take.

Also, calling it now. Deadpool 3 is just going to be a part of the MCU now. Same characters. Same storyline. It’s just in the MCU. And the opening scene (or maybe the entire movie) will see Deadpool in Disneyland.

Also also, I think we could very well be getting either Wolverine vs Hulk, a She-Hulk movie, or possibly some combination of the two. Logan did originally start as a Hulk side-character. And he’s the only X-Men member that I feel can really carry a film on his own without the rest of the team.

Also also ALSO, they gave Tony Ultron’s creation, so why not give Hank Pym the Illuminati?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also here’s a fun thing to do: aside from Professor X, who should be on the first iteration of the X-Men in the MCU? Gimme 6 characters. I’ll go first: Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Beast and Nightcrawler.
Cyclops, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolverine, Beast and Emma Frost. Ditch Proffesor X, we don't need another First Class.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
praline praline Mal for some reason runs away right as I land in IoA even tho he is supposes to stay my your side and he isnt by my side even when I fast traval.

I keep telling people Its glitched but people on the DQ discord dont believe me and only say "Just keep playing, whats the big deal?" and "maybe its plot relates" Its legit pissing me off that people just dismiss this

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Not really, but we did get additional Fire Emblem music when Corrin released if that counts I suppose...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not overly familiar with the X-Men, but that seems like a good list to me. Cyclops, Phoenix, and Beast seem like must-haves - they're all members of the original team, and all three of them seem to be consistently popular. I can't say the same for Angel or Iceman, though I'm not 100% sure; most of my familiarity with the team comes from the movies and a handful of issues from the 60s.

Meanwhile, Storm, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler seem like the stand-out members from the big line-up change in the seventies - Colossus would probably also fall into that list, but if we're limiting it to six people, then Wolverine and Storm seem like characters that need to be there, and Nightcrawler seems like he'd work well for giving the movie a chance to demonstrate anti-mutant hysteria, as well as serving as a newer member in case they need to provide exposition. (at least, I think he's younger than the others?)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Yahoo miscalculated Detective Pikachu's box office and it turns out it didn't top Warcraft for highest grossing video game movie.

Dang...

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Seeing mention of Colossus a couple of times makes me want to mention this: Although I really doubt it, despite the Fox buyout, I’m hoping and praying that all of the cast of the Deadpool films remain the same (but that’ll only be the case in a perfect world), meaning that we would still have X-Force comprised of Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Yukio, and Firefist (and Dopinder I guess)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
god damn im so bored out of my mind that i actually want to do responsible things like go to a DMV

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, I just learned that putting Old Norse words into Google Translate's Text to Speech causes the TtS to have a stroke

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When it comes to the X-Men movies from
Marvel, I would love nothing more than for them to go with the 90’s cartoon cast. That would be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Wolverine, Nightcrawler...and I think Colossus? It’s been awhile.

X-Men are just about my favorites along with Spider-Man. Fox made a mess of the franchise and really didn’t know what to do with them, which is obvious considering they basically did Dark Phoenix, like, 2 times out of their fewer than 10 movies.

They butchered Deadpool the first time. I didn’t even see the Wolverine origins movie, but based on the game I wasn’t satisfied with how Gambit was portrayed.

If Marvel can put out good content for X-Men and Fantastic Four, I’ll be a happy camper.

Noipoi

Howdy!
god damn im so bored out of my mind that i actually want to do responsible things like go to a DMV

aaaaaaaaaaaaa
NO

Don’t give in, that’s the boredom talking!

Do something stupid and reckless! Bonus points if it endangers your life!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
my dad wants to celebrate My birthday over at my moms, who lives in Chesapeake, which is 7.7 miles away from our house, and my dads car has no AC and we have to drag a damn dog with us

It feels like 100° rn

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
When it comes to the X-Men movies from
Marvel, I would love nothing more than for them to go with the 90’s cartoon cast. That would be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Wolverine, Nightcrawler...and I think Colossus? It’s been awhile.

X-Men are just about my favorites along with Spider-Man. Fox made a mess of the franchise and really didn’t know what to do with them, which is obvious considering they basically did Dark Phoenix, like, 2 times out of their fewer than 10 movies.

They butchered Deadpool the first time. I didn’t even see the Wolverine origins movie, but based on the game I wasn’t satisfied with how Gambit was portrayed.

If Marvel can put out good content for X-Men and Fantastic Four, I’ll be a happy camper.
While Fox has made mistakes with X-Men, I'd say it's because, unlike Marvel, Fox wasn't afraid to experiment. Some of those experiments were the best superhero movies for me, better than most Marvel films (e.g., Deadpool, Logan). And I'd personally say Fox does superhero movies the best, when they're good. Days of Future Past is one of my favorite superhero films, second to the Dark Knight trilogy, and I enjoyed Apocalypse far more than Civil War, despite its issues--its issues, for me, being they were trying to be a Marvel movie, rather than an X-Men movie.

For me it's the DK Trilogy, X-verse, MCU, current DCU, in that order, in terms of quality films. It's why despite wanting to see X-Men being incorporated into the MCU, I'm also hesitant. I don't want Marvel to Marvel-ize X-Men by toning it down and including wacky comedy in place of intense drama. But even if they do, I can ignore it and continue watching 7 great X-Men films.

EDIT: As for Fantastic Four, yeah, anything Marvel does will be the best Fantastic Four film. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Storm, Rogue, and Iceman. Leave Wolverine out for now, introduce him in a different movie, then have him join the team in an X-Men sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom