• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Right now, and obviously it’ll be a bit clearer once the next mini-Direct comes and goes, these are the characters I personally think have a decent shot:

Leon Kennedy/Chris Redfield/Jill Valentine
Dante
A Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright

Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Chosen Undead (although I don’t exactly know if they’re a Namco character. Pretty sure it’s Fromsoft)

Doom Slayer (I’ve come around on this one and now am totally down!)

Ryu Hayabusa (pretty sure Koei Tecmo said they haven’t been in touch about Smash, so I don’t expect it)

For now, those are the ones I’m keeping tabs on. I don’t really know that SNK will be getting in on the Smash pie, but I could be wrong.

My honest wants though? Leon/Jill/Chris + Lloyd Irving or Doom Slayer.

Would be 10/10 for me. (Though I might actually be hyped for Geno. Always did like the character but I don’t expect him)
It’s gonna be none of these and we’re gonna look like absolute super goobers

D

Deleted member

So is this like Isaac conviently getting a pass when it comes to complaining about anime swordfighters?
Remember that the community is driven by the whole if its popular is good. (I still dont get the popularity of Isaac or Geno btw and I even played their games on release)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes, and then it was moved to the N64 and eventually became Bear-Birdie.
Yeah, there is that. I am not sure if Banjo would have been the star of that game, I don't think he was going to be. But if that game was even made, we would have never had Kazooie the Birdie.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If that leak is true, then it doesn't mean the Geno Mii costume is gone. Lloyd, Byleth, and Heihachi aren't Square Enix characters, so who's to say the Geno costume couldn't just drop with Banjo or another character? They might just be porting over and modeling random Mii costumes in the downtime between characters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
annnnnd that leak was likely bunk

I mean it was a random 4chan post, for pete's sake, what did you expect?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I like GS, so I get the appeal for Isaac. I mean, his is among my most wanted.

Geno, no. I don't. Call me a Zoomer, but I fail to see the appeal.
I think depends on what you played, sometimes its nostalgia and sometimes is just nice to belong to a fanbase I guess.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd love this leak to be true as well. Completely turns everything on its head. That'd be an amazing thing to see overall, imo. If Geno does become playable, that's another fan-rule dead. Though I do think he's more likely as a Bonus Fighter like PP somewhat was, if he is playable.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Guess it's back to adding tributes to my HG sim for me...

I'll be over in that thread if y'all need me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
and that leak was likely bunk

I mean it was a random 4chan post, for pete's sake, what did you expect?
There are too many 4Chan leaks that aren't credible to make the credible ones stand out, if you know what I mean, but you probably knew that.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I really hope that the leak is fake so that we get more DQ music, Mii costumes and so. (The longer the wait, the more I'm expecting a Dragon Quest Direct)

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just glad that Erdrick is locked in for July.

Everything is falling into place.

Erdrick July
Banjo September
Character 4 shown off in the fall Direct.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How many more false release dates will we have? This pattern of falsely guessing Hero's release feels eternal.
Prediction, Hero's release will be given when we stop speculating Hero's release date.

The alternate prediction is Hero comes out when Half-Life 5 releases.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I don’t really buy that leak.

Plus, you have the fact that it’s dead now anyway assuming the Hero Mini-Direct isn’t happening tonight.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Guys, just keep saying Hero's going to release tomorrow each day he doesn't. You'll eventually be right in the end.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I thought people said the Joker Overview was posted at 10pm PST, isn't that an hour from now?

Edit: Sorry, I meant 8pm PST, which is 10pm EST.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't want my great x24-grandkids to finally start playing Hero when they're old.
Whoops forgot this was the timeline where Half-Life stopped after 2 and its second episode.

In an alternate reality, we are currently waiting on Half-Life 100. And Gordon Freeman is in Smash.

Potato_

Smash Lord
There's one positive about the Hero wait:

It won't be anywhere near as long as how long we had to wait for anything on Joker.

4 MONTHS

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It’s exactly because you’re a zoomer
Honestly, you're probably right
I think depends on what you played, sometimes its nostalgia and sometimes is just nice to belong to a fanbase I guess.
Yeah, I can see that. Since I was born in the 21st century, my Mario RPG of choice was Paper Mario (Mainly TTYD), so I would vastly prefer Paper Mario as the Mario RPG rep.

But seriously, TTYD was a top 10 GC game, doubt me, well in this essay, i will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom