• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Linking for language.

Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane The squatters are taking over our land again.

Pokemon villains were never the best written thing, and they aren't really meant to be, so I really don't care all too much. I would prefer them to be more like Lusamine, since she was well written. (for a kid's villain) I mean, she is 100% an ***hat.
We can at least agree Ghetsis is the best villain.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You guys pay attention to the Pokemon plot and just don't mash B through every cutscene?
I spend copious amounts of time thinking of Pokémon lore, the individual game’s plots included.

If I ever skip through the plot of a Pokémon then it’s not me, it’s a body snatcher.

D

Deleted member

I spend copious amounts of time thinking of Pokémon lore, the individual game’s plots included.

If I ever skip through the plot of a Pokémon then it’s not me, it’s a body snatcher.
One little question and Noipoi transforms into MatPat.

StormC

Smash Hero

I love the Pokemon games and have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours on them, but the lore and story has never really been a draw to me. Cool locations and cool monsters are always welcome, but things like the mythology and characters are secondary to that. Black/White's storyline was pretty good, though, and ever since them GameFreak has been trying to capture that lightning again and have never stuck the landing. Lusamine was fun though.

Now...

Mario lore?

I'm your guy.

D

Deleted member

I love the Pokemon games and have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours on them, but the lore and story has never really been a draw to me. Cool locations and cool monsters are always welcome, but things like the mythology and characters are secondary to that. Black/White's storyline was pretty good, though, and ever since them GameFreak has been trying to capture that lightning again and have never stuck the landing. Lusamine was fun though.

Now...

Mario lore?

I'm your guy.
The Missing Pasta Arc makes me so sad. Sometimes I can't even watch it without bursting into tears.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now the real question is will the Legendary Doggos have Gigantamax forms, or will they pull an Ultra Sun/Moon and save those for Max Sword / Max Shield?

...It really better not be the latter. Solgaleo and Lunala not getting their Z-moves in their own games was dumb.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Now...

Mario lore?

I'm your guy.
I’m actually in the middle of my thesis on the political climate of the mushroom kingdom

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
What's this about October birthdays? Everyone knows that's the month when all the chads are born. And the chaddest of chads are born on the 7th, of course.

Also gone done and made my second Mario Maker level; go check it out if you fancy (promise this one's easier):

6M5-RPB-1MF

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's this about October birthdays? Everyone knows that's the month when all the chads are born. And the chaddest of chads are born on the 7th, of course.

Also gone done and made my second Mario Maker level; go check it out if you fancy (promise this one's easier):

6M5-RPB-1MF
October chads unite

StormC

Smash Hero
The last week of October is when Scorpios are born, proving the month is haunted.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Now...

Mario lore?

I'm your guy.
The lore and story in Pokémon is dreadfully under-utilised as well, especially with Gen 6.

Why should we care if GF/TPC don't care either? They add all of this cool stuff but that's it, they rarely do a thing with them. Xerneas and Yveltal just exist as a McGuffin when there's so much more to explore with them.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
For anyone interested, the Fire Emblem subreddit did a pre-release character popularity poll.

Some takeaways:
- Black Eagles dominated the female side, with all four of their female students taking top four spots.
- Blue Lions dominated the male side, with only one of their five guys ranking outside the top six.
- Golden Deer got oofed pretty badly, with only Claude, Marianne, and Lysithea being in the top half of their sex's category.
- General ranking order went Students>Byleth/Sothis>Faculty/Church>Villains. Raphael, Lorenz, and Ignatz are the only students to rank below the Byleth of their own sex, and all three are from the Golden Deer.
- Ignatz was the least popular student. RIP, considering I actually kinda like him from the pre-release stuff.
Death Knight being ranked that low is a sin. He's the best student in the game.
D8JwVnqWwAMC-aq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Part of me kinda wished Fire Emblem didn’t keep doing the multiple-route thing, especially if only one of them is canon.

I also hope in the canon route:
That you don’t actually have to kill Dimitri and Claude. I don’t know, i’ve never liked killing main characters, and as a teacher myself I don’t like the idea of having to turn my blade on a student. But I can only hope there’s SOME way in which your teams work together or some ****. Those 3 together, Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude would be badass.
I've been really trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm curious enough. Do we know that there is a specifically stated canon route to take or is it something the fans are speculating?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been really trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm curious enough. Do we know that there is a specifically stated canon route to take or is it something the fans are speculating?
It's speculation at this point.

For my own speculation, as far as canonicity, I'm thinking it won't be as strictly canon as Revelation, but more canon than, say, the route split in The Sacred Stones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What? You mean I can’t play as Satan in a high-school full of waifus?!
I mean for one it's closer to college level than high school, and in actuality there are more male students than female students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom