• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I never had a crush, lol.

Was too busy trying to make any friends to think about that.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
You ever just think about your first crush?

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

If she even remembers you because you only really talked once a week at an art class that took place a year ago?

If you should’ve just not said anything because why would she ever be into you? What possessed you to think for a moment that anyone would ever be into you? You made it awkward you absolute buffoon.

No? Just me?

Okay.
Crushes only end with me getting crushed and broken. My first crush and I shared a lot of things in common: we like video games, we like metal music (one of the very few women in my friend circle to like metal like Metallica, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, etc), we like comic books, we like a lot of the same movies, series and quite a few things. So you can imagine how I was when I tried asking her out on a date only for her to say not just that she's not interested, but that she's dating someone else...

I was close to cutting ties with her to avoid thinking about her, but she didn't want to stop being friends with me and implored me to not leave her as a friend. I cried not only because I get rejected hard, but also because I was about to let her down...

And that's why crushes end with me getting crushed.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So uh... Nintendo tweeted about Captain Marvel, and... well...

GOOD, now that I got your attention, I made another Mario Maker level, JQ6-NWT-51H, don't do it if you hate water levels and darkness
Well that sure is one way to advertise your stuff.

D

Deleted member

So uh... Nintendo tweeted about Captain Marvel, and... well...

GOOD, now that I got your attention, I made another Mario Maker level, JQ6-NWT-51H, don't do it if you hate water levels and darkness
Ali A called.

He wants his clickbait back.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good news: it's finally raining here.

Bad news: there is like a tempest now.

Be careful what you wish for.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I still have hope for Geno in or outside of the FP be it the FP itself, Additional DLC or until he gets outright disconfirmed (Mii Costume). I just have a feeling he's going to be in Smash, Of course I may very well be wrong but until then I have hope.

Also I wanted to do this just for fun sooo:
1) My Favorite Color is Red/Dark Blue
2) My favorite Food is Shrimp, Quesadillas or Jägerschnitzel
3) My favorite Video games are Mother 3 and Super Mario RPG
4) My top ten characters I want in Smash from most to least is: Geno >> Duster > Phoenix Wright >Isaac > Segata Sanshiro (Yes I unironically want Segata Sanshiro) > Sans/Undertale Rep > Heavy > Ashley > Bandanna Dee > Rhythm Heaven Rep.
5) My Favorite Video Game Soundtracks are: Mother 3, Super Mario RPG, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Smash Ultimate, Banjo-Kazooie, The OG DKC trilogy and Golden Sun.
6) My favorite newcomer so far is K. Rool/Banjo-Kazooie easily but Incineroar is the one I find the most fun. Of course I have to try out Banjo before I can say that but between K. Rool and Incineroar I prefer to play as the latter.
7) My favorite Pro Player in Smash is Nairo easily his streams are entertaining, His personality is entertaining and his play style is interesting.
8) My second favorite is Light because we both main Fox.
9) I also started to pick up Fox and I now use him as my Co-Main alongside King Dedede. I just prefer Fox to Wolf in play style.
10) My favorite Movies are: Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse, Doctor Strange and Infinity War/Endgame.
11) My favorite TV shows are: Most of the Arrowverse and Stranger Things.
12) My favorite Anime/Manga is: One Piece.
13) The Stupidest thing I have ever done was climbing a Windmill while I was 3 and Jumping out of the window at 3-4.
14) My favorite Youtubers/Streamers are: Vinesauce, Nairo, Scott the Woz, Tekking101, AntDude and Jacksfilms.
15) My Sexuality is Bisexual.
16) My favorite game developer is Masahiro Sakurai.
17) My dream job is unironically becoming a great Pro player like Nairo or Light cause then I'd be able to set my own schedule and do what I want as my living that or to become an artist.
18) My dream game is an updated version of EB64 to come out or a proper sequel to Super Mario RPG to come out.
19) The reason I want Geno in Smash is cause I have a history with the boy and cause I'd love to see him come back but even if he doesn't get in Smash I would love for him to get into Mario Kart one day.
20) This is the very first time I've said this but I am indeed a Furry.
I’m dying to make a joke but it may come off as impolite so I won’t.

Also, Into The Spiderverse is a masterpiece.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I finally got Monster Hunter World and Tekken 7 during the Steam summer sale. Oh and I also got Borderlands, wasn't planning to do it but that 97% price discount hooked me in.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
20) This is the very first time I've said this but I am indeed a Furry.
I never really understood why people seem to dislike furries. As long as your not creepy and weird about it I really don’t care, and your the opposite of creepy and weird.
Good news: it's finally raining here.

Bad news: there is like a tempest now.

Be careful what you wish for.
Reminds me of the time that we step outside of Target, and the very second we step outside it starts pouring. Good times.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Aight, I have a subject change.

Based on the currently known roster of Smash Ultimate, which series with a playable character have you not played, and which series of those would you play first if you had the choice?

As i’ve played most of the series, Dragon Quest is coming up on my “games to play” schedule. I got DQ8 used locally, and I want to get DQ4 at some point but it’s not available at any GameStop’s by me.

Thoughts?
I've never played anything from Kid Icarus, WarioWare, Metal Gear, Pikmin, Punch Out, Xenoblade, Banjo Kazooie, Bayonetta, and Castlevania. I've never played a Persona game either but I have played a bit of some SMT games. I've been really interested in Metal Gear but haven't had the right systems to play it without emulation.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Based on the currently known roster of Smash Ultimate, which series with a playable character have you not played, and which series of those would you play first if you had the choice?

As i’ve played most of the series, Dragon Quest is coming up on my “games to play” schedule. I got DQ8 used locally, and I want to get DQ4 at some point but it’s not available at any GameStop’s by me.

Thoughts?
There are plenty of series that I haven’t played. Mostly 3rd parties, but I’ll list them all here.

:ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulthero::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultgnw::ultness::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer:

If I were to choose one of these to play first, I’d probably go for Metal Gear Solid.

D

Deleted member

Thoughts?
Good question! As far as what I want to play goes...

:ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker:

That’s... A lot shorter than I anticipated. LOL

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Just woke up so I just heard about the drama that happened last night. I hope everyone is doing ok.

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?
I try not to, actually. My first *real* crush was my first ex, and she treated me like dirt toward the end of our relationship. I would rather not wonder what my first crush is up to, to be frank.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Thoughts?
Ummm. Almost all of them. I’ve played Splatoon. Sonic, Pac-Man, Metal Gear, Street Fighter, Bayonetta, FFVII, Banjo-Kazooie, and i’ve Sampled NSMBWii, SM3DW, and TLoZWW. I’ve also played Pokkén but i’m Not sure if that.. you know, counts. The rest? Who knows if i’ll Ever try them out.

Good lord, Megumi is completely wholesome in CTR NF.
View attachment 230220
All of the Nitro Squad girls are great characters and cool additions to CTR’s roster. My favorite is Liz but Megumi is really cute. And Isabella...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Oh wait no, you said "Megumi", not Megumin.

Who the heck even is "Megumi" then?
Megumi is one of the four Trophy Girls from Crash Team Racing on the PS1, all of which have been added as playable characters in Nitro Fueled this month.

In the same way that the other three are based on real people close to Naughty Dog during the 90s, Megumi is based on a woman of the same name who used to work at the marketing division of Sony Interactive Japan. She is the person who created the legendary Crash Bandicoot dance, btw.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last night, my cat walked into my room with a French fry dangling from his mouth. He then dropped it in the floor and started meowing what can only mean “Master, I have given your the French fry you desired.”

Other cats give their owners dead mice, my cat gives his owner French fries.
54221FBB-2417-4721-AFD9-0CB62B5C3D78.jpeg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Thoughts?
Hmmm... Let's see. I'm not gonna count demos or anything cause those aren't really "playing the games" per say
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultmarth::ultfox::ulthero::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultyoshi:

Out of all of these, I wanna say that I want to try Fire Emblem the most. (The Corrin gig I have comes soley from Smash btw)

The permadeath mechanic always intrigued me as you're more likely to cherish and grow to appreciate your party members that much more. (Yeah, I like Pokemon Nuzlockes. I'm terrible at em, but I love em)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So on r/MarioMaker, some guy is complaining that Nintendo gave him a warning because he commented on someone's level that people should not play it, and then in the comments some guy is mad because he flat out commented "this level is garbage" and got a warning for that, why is Reddit so trash.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Hmmm... Let's see. I'm not gonna count demos or anything cause those aren't really "playing the games" per say
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultmarth::ultfox::ulthero::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultyoshi:

Out of all of these, I wanna say that I want to try Fire Emblem the most. (The Corrin gig I have comes soley from Smash btw)

The permadeath mechanic always intrigued me as you're more likely to cherish and grow to appreciate your party members that much more. (Yeah, I like Pokemon Nuzlockes. I'm terrible at em, but I love em)
Fire Emblem doesn't really expect you to play with permadeath nowadays. That's not entirely true, it expects you to reset whenever someone dies I mean. The limited amount of units makes it extremely detrimental whenever someone dies. It can be played with iron man, but unless you're really good it can be pretty hard to do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

If she even remembers you because you only really talked once a week at an art class that took place a year ago?

If you should’ve just not said anything because why would she ever be into you? What possessed you to think for a moment that anyone would ever be into you? You made it awkward you absolute buffoon.

No? Just me?

Okay.
Nope because I dont have time to worry about people out of my life

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Quick shoutout to P5R for giving me an amazing new reaction image.
1562417611907.png
I don't think this would count as a big image, but can a mod let me know?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultduckhunt::ultjoker::ultmarth::ultpit::ultrob::ultsnake:

These are the characters whose games I have never played.

That will likely change for Joker in the future doh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultsnake::ulthero::ultmarth::ultduckhunt::ultjoker::ultpit::ultrob:
The only series I haven't played.

The ones that interest me are DQ, FF, and Metal Gear.

For least interest, Fire Emblem, Banjo, Bayo. Ironically, I love platformers, so idk why Banjo wouldn't do much for me.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't really participate in the "which series haven't you played" discussion, since I think the only one that qualifies for me would be ROB. However, I'm willing to make recommendations if people want to get into those series.

I'm seeing a lot of Banjo, Bayonetta, Joker, Snake, Cloud, and Simon popping up. I'm not sure if the people saying Cloud are referring to Final Fantasy as a whole or just FF7, though.

With Bayonetta, Snake, and Joker, I suppose it depends on your age. If you're old enough to get M-rated games, I'd strongly recommend Metal Gear Solid (either the original or the Twin Snakes remake on the Gamecube), Bayonetta 1 and 2 (2 is much easier to get into, but it would be tough to follow without the first game), and Persona 5. However, if you only have Nintendo consoles, there's Persona Q2 on the 3DS (can't speak for its quality, since Persona 5 is the only game in that series that I've played) and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, also on the 3DS. (despite the name, it's a prequel, so you can play it without knowing the rest of the series, though some minor references will be lost) In spite of its appearance, Persona 5 deals with very heavy subjects (especially in its first three or four dungeons), so just a heads up.

For Final Fantasy, I'd strongly recommend 6 or 7 - the Final Fantasy games are rarely, if ever, connected to each other, so you should be able to play any of them with no issue. Final Fantasy 7 is on Switch, so there's no reason not to get it. For Final Fantasy 6, I suppose that depends on if you have a Game Boy Advance (or original DS), or a Super NES Classic (which is easier to find nowadays, in my experience - the game's called Final Fantasy III there, since North America skipped over Final Fantasy 2, 3, and 5); there's a Steam version, but the graphics were not handled well. Final Fantasy 9 is also a good one - I haven't played much of it, but it's really charming.

For Banjo-Kazooie... just play Banjo-Kazooie, or Banjo-Tooie. Though if you don't have an Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Nintendo 64, then I can see where the issue would lie. Shame that Rare Replay never came out on Steam or the Windows Store.

For Castlevania, I've mainly gotten enjoyment from the Metroid style games, like Symphony of the Night. That's not available on Nintendo consoles; while I could see it getting a Nintendo release if Konami decides to make a second Castlevania collection, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is worth looking into if you have a Wii U. As for the classic Castlevanias, I've heard that Super Castlevania IV is worth looking into (it's also on the Super NES Classic), though that depends on how much you can tolerate the cheap deaths and enemy placements that were commonplace in this era of games.

EDIT: I also see Fire Emblem brought up a few times. For that, I'd definitely recommend Fire Emblem Awakening. You'll already be familiar with the main cast thanks to Smash Bros., and in my experience, it's easily the most accessible games in the series. (it's one of the few where you don't have to worry about your characters permanently dying if they run out of health)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's difficult for me to say what series I haven't played, since that's most of the roster (it's what happens with such a big roster), and that has been unfortunately true for most of the base Ultimate roster.

So out of those, I haven't played :ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ulthero:. I haven't played any Pokemon beyond the first two gens, so depending on how you count it, :ultincineroar: also. Closest I played of Castlevania was the Dracula boss in I Wanna Be the Guy. And I played a few hours of :ultjoker: (haven't gotten passed the first 5 in-game days), got bored/distracted, didn't go back to it, and now my friend will be leaving so no PS5 to play it any more.

Other notable series... Of the original 12, I haven't played :ultsamus::ultfox::ultness::ultfalcon:. First time playing :ultlink: was Breath of the Wild. No :ultmarth:. Only retro series I played was :ultduckhunt:.

Can't say which of these I might pick up because I have no money and already have a backlog of the series I already have played. But if I had to pick, skies the limit, :ultkrool::ultinkling:. Might get Animal Crossing, I'm going back and forth.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's difficult for me to say what series I haven't played, since that's most of the roster (it's what happens with such a big roster), and that has been unfortunately true for most of the base Ultimate roster.

So out of those, I haven't played :ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ulthero:. I haven't played any Pokemon beyond the first two gens, so depending on how you count it, :ultincineroar: also. Closest I played of Castlevania was the Dracula boss in I Wanna Be the Guy. And I played a few hours of :ultjoker: (haven't gotten passed the first 5 in-game days), got bored/distracted, didn't go back to it, and now my friend will be leaving so no PS5 to play it any more.

Other notable series... Of the original 12, I haven't played :ultsamus::ultfox::ultness::ultfalcon:. First time playing :ultlink: was Breath of the Wild. No :ultmarth:. Only retro series I played was :ultduckhunt:.

Can't say which of these I might pick up because I have no money and already have a backlog of the series I already have played. But if I had to pick, skies the limit, :ultkrool::ultinkling:. Might get Animal Crossing, I'm going back and forth.
Play Star Fox 64 if you have the opportunity - it's a REALLY short game, though it has a lot of replay value. (anyone can beat it in a single sitting). If you have a Wii U or a New 3DS, or can access a Super NES Classic, I'd strongly recommend Super Metroid and any of the Donkey Kong Country games, especially DKC2. Also, if you have the aforementioned platforms, Earthbound is great, though it can be rough early on when you only have a single party member.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So on r/MarioMaker, some guy is complaining that Nintendo gave him a warning because he commented on someone's level that people should not play it, and then in the comments some guy is mad because he flat out commented "this level is garbage" and got a warning for that, why is Reddit so trash.
I like the idea of reddit and sharing content. I hate it for the upvote downvote system and moderation creates hive minds and group think in a lot of sub Reddits.

Posting in some subreddits will get you banned from other ones, cause why not.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like the idea of reddit and sharing content. I hate it for the upvote downvote system and moderation creates hive minds and group think in a lot of sub Reddits.

Posting in some subreddits will get you banned from other ones, cause why not.
Any slightly positive opinion is downvoted to hell on the Pokémon sub.

So yeah

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The series I haven’t played are: Bayonetta, Duck Hunt, Banjo-Kazooie, Punch Out, Game and Watch, Ice Climber, WarioWare (have played a Wario Land game back in the day), and Dragon Quest. And Metroid.

Smash got me into MGS, F-Zero (picked up a copy of GX), and Mother/EarthBound.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Look at you

Miss “I have a life”

Miss “I’m not trapped 24/7, left to constantly wonder what life is like outside”

Must be nice, dammit.
lol, dude I never leave my room or my house and thr furtest I go is to the garden to water plants, to the park to walk the dog or being forsed to gonto my damn moms house. Other then that im 24/7 in my room playing games and watching twitch. what do l you mean I have a life

I just dont bother thinking about people from my past

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Time trials in CTR are bull. They’re obtainable, sure, and I’ve gotten a bunch of them. But are they actually fun? Oh god no. And if there was another way to unlock N. Tropy I wouldn’t even touch them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Which of these two completely impossible scenarios do you think is more likely? Or would you rather one over the other

The Pokémon Company buying all of the rights to the franchise from Nintendo, separating from Nintendo, and going Multi-Plat?

Or

Nintendo completely buying the Pokémon Conpany and asserting more executive control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom