• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like to play:
Persona 5
Some Metal Gear Solid games
Finish playing Bayonetta 1 (I am partially through it atm but had to set it down)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Earthbound or Mother 3
Super Metroid
Wario Land games
There are a couple games in series I HAVE played already that I still want to, such as a couple Megaman X games.

And I've not much interest in playing any fire emblem game, dragon quest gamefinal fantasy game, duck hunt, wii fit, splatoon, punch-out.
You seem like the type that'd really like a Metal Gear game.
Though the first game is clunky by most other games' standards, I do recommend you play that before you go onto the others. MGS3 is my personal favorite followed closely by MGS2.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Oooo, you’ve got some good games you could play too!

Star Fox 64 is basically the game to play from that series.

Mega Man 2 was the game I started with. I got to Wily’s Castle and couldn’t beat it, but I went with Mega Man 11 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Street Fighter V is what I played (it’s cheap now!) but Street Fighter II might be the most available? I don’t know, but it’s a great series.

Persona 5 is great, but only available on one console.

Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are among my favorite games, so I would absolutely, 100% recommend them.

I’m also planning on playing DQXI when it comes to Switch, but I also just got DQVIII, which i’ve heard is quite good as well.

Regardless, you’ve got some amazing series to potentially get exposed to!
Well the good news is I've beaten Persona 5 already, at least.
I bought a PS3 just for it. :185:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Smash got me to play Donkey Kong Country which is among my favorite platformers now

Hoping the other Rareware platformer can add another to that list

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
metal gear is fun

does anyone remember those gameboy color ports of games that shouldn't have probably existed? because those are some of the most technologically impressive gameboy games that exist period, i think

1562395763403.png
1562395769299.png

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Smash got me to play Donkey Kong Country which is among my favorite platformers now

Hoping the other Rareware platformer can add another to that list
Have you played the other DKC games yet?

D

Deleted member

Personally i'm hoping that Simon in Smash and the recent success of Bloodstained can convince someone at Konami to get their head out of their ass, but I'm not holding out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Personally i'm hoping that Simon in Smash and the recent success of Bloodstained can convince someone at Konami to get their head out of their ***, but I'm not holding out.
people: konami please just give me video games

konami:
1562396043458.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So far I got the original and Tropical Freeze.

Trying to get my hands on Diddy’s Kong Quest
I have a cartridge of DKC2. I don't use it, and I'm not using my SNES at the moment. Honestly, may never use it again. I don't have that many games for the system anyway that aren't that game, KI, and Aladdin.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Personally i'm hoping that Simon in Smash and the recent success of Bloodstained can convince someone at Konami to get their head out of their ***, but I'm not holding out.
It did kind of work with the Blue Bomber.

Though Konami is in a worse position than Capcom was a few years ago...

D

Deleted member

You can get DKC2 and DKC3 from the 3DS eShop if you have a New version.
I actually reccomend getting the GBA port of 3, as it has a new world, a redone (and superior) soundtrack, and physics better suited to how it's designed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*see it's raining outside*

Finally some good ****ing news.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aight, I have a subject change.

Based on the currently known roster of Smash Ultimate, which series with a playable character have you not played, and which series of those would you play first if you had the choice?

As i’ve played most of the series, Dragon Quest is coming up on my “games to play” schedule. I got DQ8 used locally, and I want to get DQ4 at some point but it’s not available at any GameStop’s by me.

Thoughts?
There's a bunch. Banjo and Bayo being major ones I want to play.

I have played Castlevania games, but haven't gotten too deep into them, so I want to start getting into that series a little more.

D

Deleted member

Based on the currently known roster of Smash Ultimate, which series with a playable character have you not played, and which series of those would you play first if you had the choice?

As i’ve played most of the series, Dragon Quest is coming up on my “games to play” schedule. I got DQ8 used locally, and I want to get DQ4 at some point but it’s not available at any GameStop’s by me.

Thoughts?
:ultbayonetta::ultolimar::ultmarth::ultduckhunt::ulthero::ultjoker::ultgnw::ultrob::ultshulk::ultsnake:

That's a lot. My current plan is to get a RPG on my Switch, so I'll probably get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 first.

>superior soundtrack

Nah dog
I guess that's rather subjective then. None of the songs from the original stick out for me, and I can deal with the lower quality sounds of the GBA, as it's not normally that bad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, man, that. Dude just wholesale tried to remake Stardust Crusaders for the US/Canada. Remember that one comic where Hulk wore an armor that made him look like THE WORLD?
1562397156731.png

Oooo, you’ve got some good games you could play too!

Star Fox 64 is basically the game to play from that series.

Mega Man 2 was the game I started with. I got to Wily’s Castle and couldn’t beat it, but I went with Mega Man 11 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Street Fighter V is what I played (it’s cheap now!) but Street Fighter II might be the most available? I don’t know, but it’s a great series.

Persona 5 is great, but only available on one console.

Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are among my favorite games, so I would absolutely, 100% recommend them.

I’m also planning on playing DQXI when it comes to Switch, but I also just got DQVIII, which i’ve heard is quite good as well.

Regardless, you’ve got some amazing series to potentially get exposed to!
If you want a Mega Man title that's a little easier, I can recommend Mega Man 5 and 6, they're pretty good. Or Mega Man X, if we're taking spin-offs into account. It's eaiser, but not brain dead. Otherwise, MM3,7,9 and 10 are fantastic. As much as I like MM2, the boss that requires the Crash Bomb is pretty annoying. Same with Wily's Alien Bot needing the Bubble Lead.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Thoughts?
Haven't played any MOTHER games, Fire Emblem games, Bayonetta games, Mega Man Games, Dragon Quest games and I don't own any copies of any F-Zero games or Starfox games. Never bought Ice Climber, and if Game and Watch counts, I've never played any version of a Game and Watch game either.

For me it's a tie between MOTHER and Mega Man. I'd like to get into both franchises. Fire Emblem too but a bit less so.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You ever just think about your first crush?

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

If she even remembers you because you only really talked once a week at an art class that took place a year ago?

If you should’ve just not said anything because why would she ever be into you? What possessed you to think for a moment that anyone would ever be into you? You made it awkward you absolute buffoon.

No? Just me?

Okay.

StormC

Smash Hero

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

If she even remembers you because you only really talked once a week at an art class that took place a year ago?

If you should’ve just not said anything because why would she ever be into you? What possessed you to think for a moment that anyone would ever be into you? You made it awkward you absolute buffoon.

No? Just me?

Okay.
I'm sure Kendall from second grade is doing fine.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just realized Pokies aren’t in Mario Maker, and how Nintendo seems to be ignoring them.

Though they still don’t have it anywhere near as bad as those blue dragon things, the reznors, and the bats in SMW, and likely others I’m forgetting. Fuzzies aren’t in Mario Maker, either, but I think they at least appeared in Odyssey if I’m not mistaken.

Also I’m questioning why enemies on rails can’t hold keys, or why they can’t ride rails while in a clown car. Or why enemies can’t hold pink coins. Maybe some other things.

It’s still very good regardless.

...also, I realized there’s no Shy Guys, either, though I guess they only appeared in SMB2 and SM64 anyway. Every other game they appeared in was for Yoshi or a spinoff, including the RPGs. I may be forgetting appearances.

osby

Smash Obsessed

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
It's not just you, but my first crush was kind of a ****, so I try not to think about him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
DuckTales is gonna have another panel at Comic Con this year.

I'm really looking forward to it, some trailers and teasers should hold me over for a few months since the show won't be airing new episodes again until Fall...again.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm more concerned about my ex-girlfriend who ghosted me five years ago. But then she always had... communication problems let's say.

StormC

Smash Hero
Haha I’m lonely
You're young dude. It's fine. I didn't even kiss a girl until I was 19. High school romance is not that important.

Not saying you can't be lonely or want to date people. That's totally valid and normal. Just know that it will happen when it happens.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
Ah, joke on you, I never had a crush!:)

:upsidedown:

Yeah, I'm pretty lonely IRL friends-wise, tho I go well with the peoples I work with.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
I sometimes think about the girls I had crushes on in highschool; so, only like two or three, maybe.

I was very shy, so I found it hard to say much more than hi and compliment them, though I did go to prom with one last year, my final year. She was very kind and sweet, but she had a boyfriend whom was already out of school so y’know. I also have a fear I may have came off too strong; I was never rude or anything and was always nice like I usually am, but I really liked her and I’m not exactly the best at socializing, and I really wanted to take her out somewhere, but she was always nice and stuff so even if I may have went a little too far I probably shouldn’t worry myself, especially since it’s been a long while now. I felt awesome when I actually gathered the courage to ask her to prom, heck even when I tried starting a conversation with her for the first time since I usually didn’t say much unless a friend started a conversation with me.

I tend to feel lonely every now and then, but it’s not so bad. I kinda wish I wasn’t as silent as I was, though, but I was more talkative to some people, mostly just a few friends and a few or so teachers.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
I somehow became super best friends with my first crush when they were with someone else. Then when they broke up she stopped speaking to me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
Yeah, for about 2 hours last night and now again.

Thanks

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I wanna start writing fanfics again

For a brief time I wrote them 4 years ago

It made me happy
I wanna start writing too.

I have so many ideas but not the discipline to get past a first page

Thoughts?
Good question
Before I say anything: yes, I own a game and watch game
Allright
:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ulthero::ulticeclimbers::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultrob::ultsimon::ultsnake:
Banjo, Bayo, Duck Hunt, Ice Climber, Punch out and the Rob toy dont seem interesting at all.
I played Fast RMX and Arctic, do those Count as F-Zero?
Final Fantasy, Firefox, Dragon Quest, Earthbound, Castlevania and Metal Gear all seem like really cool series I'll probably play at some point.
I watched Fwob play through Persona 5 and holy **** I want that game!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Thoughts?
I've played at least one game from each series aside from R.O.B., Bayonetta and Persona.

I'm super into retro games and hardware, so if I had the opportunity to, I'd love to see what the R.O.B. games were like. Otherwise, I do enjoy RPGs so Persona would be my next choice.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm also in the "became best friends with them" boat. It gets weirder when it's my other best friend they wound up with. It was exactly as awkward as you'd think for a few years, but now we all get along/are close enough to speak essentially every other day.

Being bitter/sad for yourself over "what could have been" is natural, and it isn't easy to move on (took me a long time, and I still think about it to this day if my posting about it isn't indicative enough).

Whether you choose to be happy for them or put them out of your mind long enough to forget about them eventually is up to you. I'm glad I got to experience the feelings I did, and knew what to expect the next time I had them about someone else. Time is a *****, and waiting feels insufferable, but the world keeps spinning with or without you. At the very least, you do have some people that wholeheartedly understand. Just talking about it helps sometimes.

tl;dr life is weird. The answer to any "am I the only one who?" question is always 'probably not, but it's okay anyway.'

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
I gave my crush a portrait drawing once as a present.
She never spoke or acknowledged me ever since.

Oh well, I hope she's still doing well eitherway.

I did become best friends with another girl I initially had a crush on beforehand, unfortunately she passed away later on.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Thoughts?
I once tried to play every franchise represented in Smash, but it eventually got a bit much, and I don't want to force myself through games I really have no interest in, and least of all spend money on them.

The series I haven't played are:

:ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:

I'm going to attempt to play through Banjo-Kazooie before they're released in Smash, so that's the next one. I've had Final Fantasy VI ready to go for a long time now, but it's such a long game, I need to find a moment where I have the time for it. Pikmin is the only other one I'm sure I'll get around to eventually.

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

No? Just me?

Okay.
It's my own fault that the only real crush I've had didn't become something more, I was too thickheaded to read her many approaches at the time, and only after I realized she had been making moves at me did I actually crush on her, but at that point it was too late as we were heading in different directions. I try not to dwell on it too much as things turned out well on her end, but man, it was so obvious in retrospect, I must have made her feel so stupid, and by god I'm sure I looked stupid myself, so it's hard to not still feel a little bad about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom