• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Part of me wants to be that guy who got a ROB during its original launch period and was hyped as Hell when they were announced for Brawl.
R.O.B. was the **** in Mario Kart DS, if that counts. I knew more than a few people that wound up loving/maining them for that alone.

D

Deleted member

What is AVGN?
Angry Video Game Nerd

And good freaking lord: Look at the characters who have been portrayed by Pinstripe’s voice actor in Nitro Fueled:

EE939271-FF9B-4429-9DE6-E10065C97FFC.png

163EB11E-1B90-4843-BAE0-535403C3A719.png

527DCE34-CC8B-4DFB-80F8-4322E178BFBA.png

0516DA27-6BBF-4994-AC0C-BD6457493C33.png

Tagging osby osby and Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura since there are some characters who they may find interesting to check.

D

Deleted member

R.O.B. was the **** in Mario Kart DS, if that counts. I knew more than a few people that wound up loving/maining them for that alone.
OH YEAH That game! I didn't know who ROB was when playing Mario Kart DS, but I thought he had the coolest character design in that game. ROB also made a ton of cameos in WarioWare minigames.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
AVGN was at its best when it was all James Rolfe. He reviewed games he played as a kid and dramatized it for comedic effect but also had a bit of knowledge and personal experience into the mix. Nowadays they are just keeping the brand name alive. He doesn't write the scripts or do the gameplay anymore - he's an actor and that's it is. It lost its soul.

I think the movie bombing played a part. He most likely believed this would be the stepping stone into Hollywood - but e-content that only his million or so fanbase will get is not a movie with a wide audience.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Angry Video Game Nerd

And good freaking lord: Look at the characters who have been portrayed by Pinstripe’s voice actor in Nitro Fueled:

Tagging osby osby and Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura since there are some characters who they may find interesting to check.
>Goro Akechi and Orbulon
4827AB8A-3E6B-461E-A523-7CF4F4779CBC.jpeg

Fabulous.
OH YEAH That game! I didn't know who ROB was when playing Mario Kart DS, but I thought he had the coolest character design in that game. ROB also made a ton of cameos in WarioWare minigames.
i thought he was only in one mini game. Huh, the more ya know.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Found an image that genuinely made me laugh.

doriyah_the_destroyer__ganondorf_x_dte_parody__by_mast3r_rainb0w_ddatsor-pre.jpg

Source is Deviantart.

Meanwhile when I play :ultganondorf:, I get destroyed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just saw Spider Man: Far From Home with my sister.

All we were able to say after seeing was:

Also, other great news, I FINALLY GOT A STYLUS FOR THE SWITCH, YEAAAAAAAH!!!!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey guys, need some help. My computer keeps getting notifications from subreddits, and I don’t even have a Reddit account. I tried googling a solution, but it says I need to disable notifications... on my non-existent reddit account.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey guys, need some help. My computer keeps getting notifications from subreddits, and I don’t even have a Reddit account. I tried googling a solution, but it says I need to disable notifications... on my non-existent reddit account.
Hi, are you using Windows 10? These could be desktop notifications. At the bottom right of your main monitor there should be a notification icon. You want to find one of the notifications and block future notifications from it. I don't know the full process of disabling them but I have fixed this problem for my brother before and that's where I started to look.
This type of scenario is called adware and is likely due to installing a malicious browser add-on or something like that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hi, are you using Windows 10? These could be desktop notifications. At the bottom right of your main monitor there should be a notification icon. You want to find one of the notifications and block future notifications from it. I don't know the full process of disabling them but I have fixed this problem for my brother before and that's where I started to look.
This type of scenario is called adware and is likely due to installing a malicious browser add-on or something like that.
Worked. Thanks a lot!

Also yeah, forgot to say I did Windows 10. Sorry.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gotta say the storyline for the dancer class in ff14 is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever put into a jrpg and i love it

an evil dance is infecting people across the land and it's up to you to dance away the evil dance with your dance of light

in other words,

D

Deleted member

How does someone become a genie?

Did the first one become that way due to some curse and then that same thing got passed to people who interacted with them?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Believe me, I am ready to ****ing hate the game or surprisingly love it. It is either-or right now lol.
Pretty much the same here. Nothing so far has caught my attention, but nothing negative either. So I'm feeling more positive than I did with Fates at least.

SonicMario

Smash Master
How does someone become a genie?

Did the first one become that way due to some curse and then that same thing got passed to people who interacted with them?
Could be anything relating to either former mortals finding cursed lamps as you mentioned, or some powerful magic force (Gods, sorcerers, etc.) brought them into existence.

D

Deleted member

Let's do a "Douchebag Genie" thing. A genie will grant you a wish but with an evil twist (ex. If you ask for 1 billion dollars, the genie will crush you under the weight of a billion dollars in pennies), and you have to think of a perfect wish to fool the genie, getting exactly what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Let's do a "Douchebag Genie" thing. A genie will grant you a wish but with an evil twist (ex. If you ask for 1 billion dollars, the genie will crush you under the weight of a billion dollars in pennies), and you have to think of a perfect wish to fool the genie, getting exactly what you want.
“I wish that Banjo comes to Smash Ultimate on October 28th of 2019”.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, hmm...

...I wish I was dead? No way you can make an evil twist out of that. :bee:

D

Deleted member

“I wish that Banjo comes to Smash Ultimate on October 28th of 2019”.
Banjo arrives, However, due to backlash from the Super Lucky's Tale fan base, Banjo is removed from the playable roster and replaced with Lucky The Fox. Dont Worry, However! Banjo will arrvie as an assist trophy alongside Lucky on October 28!

D

Deleted member

Banjo arrives, However, due to backlash from the Super Lucky's Tale fan base, Banjo is removed from the playable roster and replaced with Lucky The Fox. Dont Worry, However! Banjo will arrvie as an assist trophy alongside Lucky on October 28!
Not a big loss for me honestly.

At least it won’t cut Hero.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
During a nap I had a dream that Dr. Waldo Bloom was a doctor in Dr. Mario World.

For those who don't know, Dr. Waldo Bloom is a character from the 1991 Nintendo Comics System comic "The Doctor Is In... Over His Head" and was the one who made Mario a doctor.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I was told by a friend that Sabi apparently said, “The Hero Direct would leave some fans salty”.

I don’t know what that means, but i’ve heard some fans think Geno has a chance at being revealed as playable.

Bruh, we’re not getting another playable character revealed in a mini-Direct focused on Fighter #2. Expecting Geno to be revealed in that mini-Direct is wishful thinking at best, and even more unlikely that the 4th pick of the Fighter Pass would be revealed not only in the mini-Direct focused on Fighter 2, but before Fighter 3 has even had a chance to be covered.

It’s literally not happening. The “salt” if you ask me is likely either the Geno Mii Fighter Costume coming back, or it not coming back AND Geno not being playable.

Just wanted to mention it. I like Geno and think he’d be cool, but that’s absolutely nothing more than wishful thinking at this point.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much the same here. Nothing so far has caught my attention, but nothing negative either. So I'm feeling more positive than I did with Fates at least.
The biggest issue with Fates was that you were paying $80 to realize that Conquest was the good one.

Second biggest issue was the story.

Assuming they don't **** up level structure, I think Three Houses can be a great time to look to forward if the story's good. At least I wont be paying $80 for it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom