• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@mods patrolling the thread: any of you care to add the options “You” and “The Boys” to the poll?

D

Deleted member

I was told by a friend that Sabi apparently said, “The Hero Direct would leave some fans salty”.

I don’t know what that means, but i’ve heard some fans think Geno has a chance at being revealed as playable.

Bruh, we’re not getting another playable character revealed in a mini-Direct focused on Fighter #2. Expecting Geno to be revealed in that mini-Direct is wishful thinking at best, and even more unlikely that the 4th pick of the Fighter Pass would be revealed not only in the mini-Direct focused on Fighter 2, but before Fighter 3 has even had a chance to be covered.

It’s literally not happening. The “salt” if you ask me is likely either the Geno Mii Fighter Costume coming back, or it not coming back AND Geno not being playable.

Just wanted to mention it. I like Geno and think he’d be cool, but that’s absolutely nothing more than wishful thinking at this point.
I don't know how anybody can expect Geno at this point. There's next to no evidence that puts him ahead over other potential candidates. At this point, he sounds like a Smash 6 candidate than Smash 5 DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was told by a friend that Sabi apparently said, “The Hero Direct would leave some fans salty”.

I don’t know what that means, but i’ve heard some fans think Geno has a chance at being revealed as playable.

Bruh, we’re not getting another playable character revealed in a mini-Direct focused on Fighter #2. Expecting Geno to be revealed in that mini-Direct is wishful thinking at best, and even more unlikely that the 4th pick of the Fighter Pass would be revealed not only in the mini-Direct focused on Fighter 2, but before Fighter 3 has even had a chance to be covered.

It’s literally not happening. The “salt” if you ask me is likely either the Geno Mii Fighter Costume coming back, or it not coming back AND Geno not being playable.

Just wanted to mention it. I like Geno and think he’d be cool, but that’s absolutely nothing more than wishful thinking at this point.
I fully expect Geno’s costume to return. I have a feeling if we did somehow get a THIRD Square-Enix rep for DLC, it wouldn’t be Geno.

Candidates would include 2B, Neku, Bravely Default/Octopath Traveler character, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones if Sabi said anything, they didn’t do so at their Discord since I checked.

Ask your friend where they found Sabi saying that, because something doesn’t click on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’ll be honest. When I say i’ve “Played a game in every series with a playable character in Smash”, I don’t count R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, or Duck Hunt.

Getting my hands on those types of things would cost me a pretty penny, and I don’t have the resources to actually play their games because of the TV I have and what not.

However, I DO have interest in just having each of the peripherals in my future “dude den”, so that would bring me a real opportunity to actually play them.
Funnily enough Duck Hunt was one of the first games I ever played :b

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Strong Badam Strong Badam you kinda added “Me” twice there lmao

The one I had in mind was literally “You” like you know, breaking the fourth wall. Keep “The Boys” tho

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't know how anybody can expect Geno at this point. There's next to no evidence that puts him ahead over other potential candidates. At this point, he sounds like a Smash 6 candidate than Smash 5 DLC.
Honestly, I don't even know how to feel about Geno anymore. In Smash 4, Sakurai literally acknowledged his popularity, commented that he actually tried adding him in Brawl. and even added a Mii costume. Ultimate was the best shot for a fan favorite to get in, and Geno seemingly missed the cut.

Personally, I feel like the modern Super Mario franchise will continue to pose as a problem and hold Geno back. It seems like Sakurai would rather add unrequested, iconic characters over requested niche characters, not that I blame him. Super Mario is one of those franchises where you'd want to do your best to add a new character simply because it's got such a wide appeal, and Geno is one of those few Mario characters who lacks said appeal.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones if Sabi said anything, they didn’t do so at their Discord since I checked.

Ask your friend where they found Sabi saying that, because something doesn’t click on me.
Evidently it’s in the Geno Thread. I haven’t taken the time to look, but it’s what I heard.

Like I said, I love Geno as a character. I love how much he would stand out from the rest of the cast based on his abilities, his appearance, and for what he is to the Smash community. But there is simply no reason to expect him as a playable character in this Fighter Pass.

Frankly, I don’t expect any playable characters in the Fighter Pass to overlap by company of origin. Not that it’s a rule, but you reach more people based on diversifying the origins of the character by genre, company, age range, etc. By no means is it impossible, but I just don’t see Square Enix getting another character here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Evidently it’s in the Geno Thread. I haven’t taken the time to look, but it’s what I heard.

Like I said, I love Geno as a character. I love much he would stand out from the rest of the cast based on his abilities, his appearance, and for what he is to the Smash community. But there is simply no reason to expect him as a playable character in this Fighter Pass.

Frankly, I don’t expect any playable characters in the Fighter Pass to overlap by company of origin. Not that it’s a rule, but you reach more people based on diversifying the origins of the character by genre, company, age range, etc. By no means is it impossible, but I just don’t see Square Enix getting another character here.
Yeah, I don’t mind it if some characters don’t get in. More so since Ultimate is 99,99% of my dream Smash Bros game the way it currently is, so right now I am fine with whoever gets in.

I was just worried about someone spreading lies regarding Sabi after the stuff from June, but thankfully the Geno thread stuff seems to refer to stuff from months ago which is fine.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It is thundering like crazy here y’all

Welcome to hurricane season :upsidedown:

i dont think I’ll be able to grind for a good ability load for the final Splatfest today...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't edit polls, I'm too old for that. I can't even figure out Snapchat let alone a Smashboards poll.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Like I said, I love Geno as a character. I love how much he would stand out from the rest of the cast based on his abilities, his appearance, and for what he is to the Smash community. But there is simply no reason to expect him as a playable character in this Fighter Pass.

I wonder if we'll get any more new companies like Microsoft. :ultbanjokazooie: seems like an exception on few accounts (hopefully), so I can see last two fighters returning to form and being from Capcom, Bandai-Namco etc.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't even know how to feel about Geno anymore. In Smash 4, Sakurai literally acknowledged his popularity, commented that he actually tried adding him in Brawl. and even added a Mii costume. Ultimate was the best shot for a fan favorite to get in, and Geno seemingly missed the cut.

Personally, I feel like the modern Super Mario franchise will continue to pose as a problem and hold Geno back. It seems like Sakurai would rather add unrequested, iconic characters over requested niche characters, not that I blame him. Super Mario is one of those franchises where you'd want to do your best to add a new character simply because it's got such a wide appeal, and Geno is one of those few Mario characters who lacks said appeal.
So what you're saying is Boom Boom for Smash?

D

Deleted member

I wonder if we'll get any more new companies like Microsoft. :ultbanjokazooie: seems like an exception on few accounts (hopefully), so I can see last two fighters returning to form and being from Capcom, Bandai-Namco etc.
Tbf, I wouldn’t mind a Level 5 rep such as Layton for example.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It is thundering like crazy here y’all

Welcome to hurricane season :upsidedown:

i dont think I’ll be able to grind for a good ability load for the final Splatfest today...
Stay safe.

It's "near 40 Celcius" season in here and it makes me want to stay in sea whole day.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition confirmed for Nintendo Switch.
Includes both Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory in one package.
October 18, 2019

Digimon Survive delayed to 2020

A brand new Digimon Story is also in development

D

Deleted member

October 18, 2019

Cool stuff for Digimon, ngl.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally don't were going to. I think its either Lloyd/Resident Evil rep or Lloyd/Crash.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
October 18, 2019

Just saw it over at WtW.

For any monster fans who have a passing interest in Digimon I'd definitely recommend this. It's the complete package so you'll be getting the full story for the price of one game, it'll be portable, and it has a fun story and cast. The only downside is the translation is shoddy in the first game, but it's tolerable enough to go through.

D

Deleted member

Just saw it over at WtW.

For any monster fans who have a passing interest in Digimon I'd definitely recommend this. It's the complete package so you'll be getting the full story for the price of one game, it'll be portable, and it has a fun story and cast. The only downside is the translation is shoddy in the first game, but it's tolerable enough to go through.
Gonna see if I can pick that later this year, tbh.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

How does Geno being a playable character make people salty? Even in the lens of a Geno fan you'd have to be grasping at serious straws. Every character has detractors.

If this is true, then Geno is back as a mii costume as most people expect.

I don't understand their logic, even when trying to see it in their biased way!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
How does someone become a genie?

Did the first one become that way due to some curse and then that same thing got passed to people who interacted with them?
You're either created from fire (instead of light or earth like angels and humans) or your parent/s is/are a genie.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Play Star Fox 64 if you have the opportunity - it's a REALLY short game, though it has a lot of replay value. (anyone can beat it in a single sitting). If you have a Wii U or a New 3DS, or can access a Super NES Classic, I'd strongly recommend Super Metroid and any of the Donkey Kong Country games, especially DKC2. Also, if you have the aforementioned platforms, Earthbound is great, though it can be rough early on when you only have a single party member.
Thanks for the recommendations! My 64 games were stolen, so I'm waiting on a possible N64 classic/N64 online before playing games I haven't yet--though that's years off, especially the latter, so I may just start adding back to my collection when I get the money. The only one not stolen and still in my collection is Rugrats in Paris. :p And while not a Country title, I did have Donkey Kong 64, but unfortunately wasn't able to play without the expansion pak--just a strangely yellow cart I kept staring at and wanting to play. But now that I'm an adult, I don't have to rely on my parents to buy the games for me--my guess is my parents at the time looked at Zelda, Metroid and Star Fox and assumed they were too mature for me. :laugh:

And it should be noted I do have a Wii U so technically have access to all these titles through Virtual Console--the reason I like the subscription model is with the VC model, I was hesitant to get games I hadn't played out of fear of wasting money on games that weren't for me. With a subscription, I get the games I like, as well as able to play games I hadn't played before. So, in all likelihood, my best bet is if I dust off my Wii U and buy them through VC. It's one of the many considerations I'm thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom