• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just finished making burgers and grilled chicken. My family loved it, thankfully.

My main Italian dude, Mario. Been a part of my life since I was five years of age; 2001. It's been nearly 2 decades, and I love the character just as much as I did when I was in kindergarten. Very fun games, likable and cheery personality, he's super fun to play in Smash Bros...and he's the most legendary video game character in history. Add in some sick costumes from Smash (like 'Murican Mario) and it's basically a dream to voice Mario.

Could I actually do it effectively?...Probably not lol. But it'd still be amazing anyway.
He sounds like he’d be fun to voice. I mean, really, voice acting in general is fun. One of my favorite characters to voice is a little kid named Sammy. He’s also one of the hardest because he yells and laughs super loudly. When you’re voicing someone like Mario, your kinda lucky in a way ‘cause you never really have to yell or cry the majority of the time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did anynone else here ever play the Nicktoons Unite series? Man those are underrated, even if they did decline in quality as the series went on. Would love to have a sequel at some point.
I did.
My favourite is the one about evil robotic toys where you could also use vehicles.
I'm a big fan of the first game and Volcano Island myself.

Volcano Island was great, imo. I'm just disappointed Jenny Wakeman wasn't playable until Toybots. And while I wasn't into Avatar at the time, I'm still not sure why Aang never got to be apart of the series. Jimmy getting reduced to a non-playable supporting role in Volcano Island was lame, too, but everything else was good. It didn't deviate from the original too much, the level design was good, the new and original characters were all fun additions, the setting was pretty cool, and gameplay was plenty enjoyable.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Did anynone else here ever play the Nicktoons Unite series? Man those are underrated, even if they did decline in quality as the series went on. Would love to have a sequel at some point.
I rented the original one once a long time ago. I never managed to get out of the first world (the Danny Phantom one) though, so I didn’t really get to experience it too well...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remember, today is the day where we Americans observe in the art of grilling.

So if there's anything that fit on a grill, grill it. Your newspapers? Grill it. Your Nintendo Switch? Grill it. Your hopes and dreams? Grill it. It's that simple.
Gotta say my new charred skin for my switch looks pretty sick.

Thanks for the tip!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, so have you guys heard of the controversy going on within the Smash community? Both involve Ally. Remember the Isabelle main who beat Ally a while back (Bocchi I believe was her name), and she got bullied out of the community and Twitter due to her being the dreaded female (apparently, that was the main cause).

And the other, it turns out that Tamnim was right all along about Ally and Captain Zack, and Ally is a sort of pedo (but legally not because the relationship was legal in both of their home lands, but still).

Take a wild guess to which one people are willing to ignore and defend.

StormC

Smash Hero
Just felt a tremor. Southern California is overdue for a massive earthquake and whenever a tremor happens it's like "is this it?"

It's always when I'm upstairs of course. Makes me feel especially vulnerable.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so have you guys heard of the controversy going on within the Smash community? Both involve Ally. Remember the Isabelle main who beat Ally a while back (Bocchi I believe was her name), and she got bullied out of the community and Twitter due to her being the dreaded female (apparently, that was the main cause).

And the other, it turns out that Tamnim was right all along about Ally and Captain Zack, and Ally is a sort of pedo (but legally not because the relationship was legal in both of their home lands, but still).

Everyone on Reddit is defending Bocchi, though?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Is it weird that for a while when I was I kid I had an idea for another Nicktoons game that had the same story as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2/aka Civil War?

Like you’d chose a side and recruit more Nicktoons, hero and villain alike? Leaders for one side were Spongebob, Timmy and Aang and the other were Jimmy, Danny and Jenny.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

wasnt Ally 27 and Zack 16? That’s freakin ELEVEN YEARS APART YIKES

Romeo and Juliet laws state that if you’re dating someone under 18 you can be no more than 5 years older than them and that iirc applies to places where AoC is 16/17 too. If Zack was 18 it would have been slightly sketchy but otherwise legal since Zack would have been a legal adult as well, but...

Didn’t Ally emotionally abuse his ex girlfriend too

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm a big fan of the first game and Volcano Island myself.

Volcano Island was great, imo. I'm just disappointed Jenny Wakeman wasn't playable until Toybots. And while I wasn't into Avatar at the time, I'm still not sure why Aang never got to be apart of the series. Jimmy getting reduced to a non-playable supporting role in Volcano Island was lame, too, but everything else was good. It didn't deviate from the original too much, the level design was good, the new and original characters were all fun additions, the setting was pretty cool, and gameplay was plenty enjoyable.
I don't know. In my opinion, Volcano Island had worse gameplay than Unite and almost no fanservice because of the completely new setting. Avatar and MLATR definatly should have been bigger parts of the series. God I would love to make a new installment in this franchise that wasn't hindered by promoting the network's current programing.
Is it weird that for a while when I was I kid I had an idea for another Nicktoons game that had the same story as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2/aka Civil War?

Like you’d chose a side and recruit more Nicktoons, hero and villain alike? Leaders for one side were Spongebob, Timmy and Aang and the other were Jimmy, Danny and Jenny.
That's.... actually kind of weird and I don't know how well it would work. Although, the UA formula would work well for the series, even if it wouldn't be my first choice.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think I played them all growing up. There were four right?

I remember really liking the concept of the first one, but I was disappointed how Jimmy Neutron technically didn't get a real world.
The second one felt a little shorter, but I loved having an HQ that you could upgrade by collecting stuff. Main antagonist was also cool.
The third had a good concept, but it was waaaaay too short. Really disappointed that they didn't make it longer.
The last one was okay. Anything outside SpongeBob and Jimmy's world was kinda boring though.

Don't think I'd want a fifth one though. Unless they use the favorites like they've always done, a sequel would likely consist of Loud House and TMNT.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
wasnt Ally 27 and Zack 16? That’s freakin ELEVEN YEARS APART YIKES

Romeo and Juliet laws state that if you’re dating someone under 18 you can be no more than 5 years older than them and that iirc applies to places where AoC is 16/17 too. If Zack was 18 it would have been slightly sketchy but otherwise legal since Zack would have been a legal adult as well, but...

Didn’t Ally emotionally abuse his ex girlfriend too
Yes, but that was last year, so I guess people forgave him.

Or ignored it. Who knows.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think I played them all growing up. There were four right?

I remember really liking the concept of the first one, but I was disappointed how Jimmy Neutron technically didn't get a real world.
The second one felt a little shorter, but I loved having an HQ that you could upgrade by collecting stuff. Main antagonist was also cool.
The third had a good concept, but it was waaaaay too short. Really disappointed that they didn't make it longer.
The last one was okay. Anything outside SpongeBob and Jimmy's world was kinda boring though.
Globs of Doom is the best looking and best designed of the Nicktoons games, but it's buggy as all hell. For example, if you quit and save on an even numbered level, or in the hub world, it will corrupt your save data.
Attack of the Toybots is my second favorite. I think it did fan service the best and I loved the concept of Master Models. But it was way too short and the gameplay was way to simplistic, and the characters were all basically the exact same without taking advantage of the characters unique abilities.
Volcano Island... honestly I've only played it once and I never really liked it. The story was interesting and the environments looked nice, but I didn't like that it was an original setting and not the Nicktoons worlds, and the unique character gameplay was also pretty much gone.
Unite had the best gameplay utelizin the characters unique abilities for both combat and puzzle solving. But the art direction is a little muddy, Jimmy got shafted in terms of his world, and it's just a smidgen too unforgiving with lives and difficulty.

Someday I will make another one. I'm trying to conceptualize it now. Would love to have a bit of help.

Also, TMNT is a nickelodeon property now. They would definatley need inclusion in a new Unite game.

D

Deleted member

>topics
>national dex
>July 4th
>nick
>pedophiles

Anyone else want to throw a conversation topic into the pile?
You forgot the topics about LEGO Spider-Man and my exams, lol.

I could suggest people to check my AMA, since I would be glad to answer more stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Skip to 0:11 and read this along with the music.

It is time for the 1812 overture
You had better get here before it's over
We're celebrating with a ton of cannonballs
They're very strong and they could knock you into walls

It is time for the 1812 overture
Things are gonna get really hectic for sure

His last battle ended in defeat
Was exiled
By the mile
Without style

It was the end for everything for the emperor
And no more

That's how it was
In the end
My old friend

It was a big battle in history
Told to you right from me

It was time for the 1812
Nothing more than the 1812
Hope you enjoyed the 1812
Say goodbye to the 1812
It was quite the great 1812
The whole 1812 overture

The overture shall end

Have a great day you all

These are my lyrics to the final part of the 1812 Overture, by the way. What do you all think?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that people hate on Sonic Lost World too much.

I personally found the game neat for what it tried to be.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>topics
>national dex
>July 4th
>nick
>pedophiles

Anyone else want to throw a conversation topic into the pile?
You want a new topic?

Then get a load of THIS!
samus_jackson_by_eramthgin_1027501-d5n8avh.gif

Does Samus do the moonwalk better than Cap.Falcon?:falconmelee:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Oof, I just woke up to a magnitude 6 earthquake.
It was decently far away so everything where I am is okay.

How's everything with Smash? Haven't played it in a while.

D

Deleted member

Oof, I just woke up to a magnitude 6 earthquake.
It was decently far away so everything where I am is okay.

How's everything with Smash? Haven't played it in a while.
Currently waiting for Hero news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom