• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In case I didn't say it before, Happy 4th of July.

1562264477427.png

Not doing anything too special myself, but that's alright.

D

Deleted member

Currently waiting for Hero news.
Looks like the July 4th drop date rumor was false.

Next possibility release date is either Mid July (like the 18th or something) or later July when it's considered 'Summer' for kids in Japan

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's.... actually kind of weird and I don't know how well it would work. Although, the UA formula would work well for the series, even if it wouldn't be my first choice.
I was like 13-14 when I came up with it so I wasn’t really thinking about the logistics of it. I mean I just only saw both games I never really played them at the time and they looked similar in gameplay to me so my mind just went that that idea.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way, I happen to be in St. Croix, which is in the Virgin Islands. Just saying.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Happy 4th of the July, btw!

I don't know. In my opinion, Volcano Island had worse gameplay than Unite and almost no fanservice because of the completely new setting. Avatar and MLATR definatly should have been bigger parts of the series. God I would love to make a new installment in this franchise that wasn't hindered by promoting the network's current programing.

That's.... actually kind of weird and I don't know how well it would work. Although, the UA formula would work well for the series, even if it wouldn't be my first choice.
To each their own. I thought the gameplay was perfectly fine. The most disappointing aspect was that there weren't any newly added franchises to the game. At least they added Patrick, Sandy and Sam as playable characters but that's about it. Timmy also got a very minimized playable role, which is a shame. Toybuts was fun enough but I felt it suffered from a weird storyline and short length. The fact that you would spend most of your time playing with a party of only two characters also felt like a step down, imo. I haven't played Globs of Doom, and I don't think I'm missing out on anything.

That said, good luck with bringing the project to reality! I'd be very excited to play a another Nicktoons Unite game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oof, I just woke up to a magnitude 6 earthquake.
It was decently far away so everything where I am is okay.

How's everything with Smash? Haven't played it in a while.
Well, as long as you're alright.

Played the game a few days ago. I want to get a stylus that works on Switch so I can get crazier with my stage ideas.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm in SoCal as well, so...gonna keep an eye on things.

Haven't felt any tremors or earthquakes just yet (for as long as I've been awake anyway) and I hope it stays that way. Hope rest of this state and any other affected areas are alright, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To celebrate this day I'm going to watch American cartoons like Dragon Ball Z and Gundam.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To celebrate this day I'm going to watch American cartoons like Dragon Ball Z and Gundam.
Crockett from G Gundam is pretty American. And the US loves Dragon Ball Z, so this makes sense.

I'll probably watch some Hunter X Hunter though. Cause I'm still at Greed Island.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now my internet's acting up a bit. Everyone's probably illegally downloading fireworks online....dammit.
The Shifty Eyed Dog.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Although I'm an observer watching how things go rather than being a performer, I'd like to wish you a happy 4th of July, patriots. God ****ing speed!

D

Deleted member

Where exactly is the info talking about it? I mean, I'd be fine with it, but I have not been seeing any talk of it at all. The only thing I found regarding the gender of the new Nobunaga is that her 1st ascensions gender is apparently "?" and uses Nobunaga's childhood name Kippōshi compared to her other ascensions, and that this new Nobunaga is apparently a "amalgamation" of different Nobunagas, which may possibly include the Real-life Nobunaga, as the historically-accurate Nobunaga actually makes an appearance in the new event.
Nobunaga is treated as genderless ingame and their second ascension uses male pronouns instead of female ones.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nobunaga is treated as genderless ingame and their second ascension uses male pronouns instead of female ones.
Yeah. I managed to find a topic that covers on the whole deal. Avenger Nobunaga is basically an "Amalgamation" of all versions of Nobunaga, both male and female, including the real life historical Nobunaga. To some extent, a kind of hivemind. And Nobunaga's Demon King skill(or at least, this one) apparently allows them to change forms. The 1st and 3rd forms are female while the 2nd form is male.
So they are like Chevalier D'eon in which they can choose their gender, but gameplay-wise, they're genderless to prevent gameplay "advantages", like using Male Nobunaga against Jack the Ripper or Female Nobunaga against Servants with Charms against males or whatnot.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Here's something political that we can argue about: Green Hill had the better level design, but Emerald Hill has the better song.
Spring Yard Zone is the best song
Imma argue that the best Sonic game *level* song isn't even from the first three games. Right now I'd have to choose between Crisis City Generations!Classic, Jungle Joyride, and Titanic Monarch Act 1.

D

Deleted member

You all are forgetting the most patriotic way to celebrate independence.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You all are forgetting the most patriotic way to celebrate independence.
Why have you cursed this thread? Usopp's singing voice in this will haunt my nightmares. (I'm so glad that they got Sonny Strait for the Funimation dub - he's such a huge improvement)

D

Deleted member

Unless I’m missunderstanding something, it seems like Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! is finally free from the ban.

If that is true, it is time to share this tune one more time:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Happy Fourth of July, everyone! Always look forward and all that.

So yeah, I'm still in full Three Houses hype mode.

D

Deleted member

Only one page left until the number 700.

I heard that 7 is a lucky number.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's like we were free of controversy for a bit in the smash community so to compensate we had a triple whammy of **** in the past week and half.
- Ally being a pedo
- Bocchi getting bullied by a bunch of sexist dudebros
- Osiris and Riot physically fighting at CEO

Like, between this and the Etika stuff, talk about a messed up week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

- Ally being a pedo
- Bocchi getting bullied by a bunch of sexist dudebros
- Osiris and Riot physically fighting at CEO

Like, between this and the Etika stuff, talk about a messed up week.
I honestly consider myself pretty lucky after getting through the past months with my sanity still present and the good things that have been happening to me since June.

I can only hope that things also get better for most of the people here, since it seems like these controversies are bringing down many persons here.

Hopefully many of you manage to get through all of this as I was able to.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I want to see if I can finally play Ultimate tomorrow only so I can stop talking about it. Not sure if I'll really be rusty at all, only because I've been playing other Smash titles in the meantime, although now there's new techniques out there to learn.

But I still want to enjoy myself and the game, so I might just start with Classic Mode or WoL. Thoughts on what I should do first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom