• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Man this week has been an absolute trainwreck for Smash. Competive ultimate player Ally is retiring from smash because it’s been revealed he was dating/grooming a minor, absolutely disgusting.

At least Bocchi seems to be doing a bit better now, as someone who is trying to get better as Isabelle she’s an inspiration.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man this week has been an absolute trainwreck for Smash. Competive ultimate player Ally is retiring from smash because it’s been revealed he was dating/grooming a minor, absolutely disgusting.

At least Bocchi seems to be doing a bit better now, as someone who is trying to get better as Isabelle she’s an inspiration.
Honestly, good riddance to Ally. He's a stain on the community.

But yeah, I'm glad Bocchi's better now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I personally think the Yoshi species doesn’t even know what sexual reproduction is. They can make babies without anyone else’s help, they’re like namekians.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
i wear glasses now
I need to get glasses soon. I've been putting it off but it's getting harder and harder to see anything outside my nearsighted vision.

I can't read street signs anymore until I'm already at my turn.

God I'm getting ****ing old, why.

StormC

Smash Hero
I didn't need glasses until around the time I graduated high school. At first I only really needed them for driving, but then it got to the point where I basically can't read signs in public. I'm used to it now and generally like how I look in glasses, but I would like to get lasik in a few years.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so like what is ally even going to do that isnt smash

does he have like a job to fall back on or is he a bum now

Honestly, good riddance to Ally. He's a stain on the community.
Yeah, and maybe now I can't be assaulted for wanting to know whats going on :nifty: Would definitely be a treat

I need to get glasses soon. I've been putting it off but it's getting harder and harder to see anything outside my nearsighted vision.

I can't read street signs anymore until I'm already at my turn.

God I'm getting ****ing old, why.
I need glasses because I stared at the sun once when I was like 9. true story.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Just a reminder that in the Sticker Star beta, at one point in development we had partners with a chainchomp being a partner you could have.
8FD1444E-F508-4BF6-BBA8-93BE1D56CFD9.png

191FD8B0-0CD2-4AD2-93E8-2C04D6EAA960.png

I really could go for another traditional Paper Mario at some point. I guess I’ll just have to play thousand year door again.

StormC

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that in the Sticker Star beta, at one point in development we had partners with a chainchomp being a partner you could have.
View attachment 229996
View attachment 229997

I really could go for another traditional Paper Mario at some point. I guess I’ll just have to play thousand year door again.
There's only really three video game announcements at this point that could make me jump up and down and scream with joy:

-A new DK game with the Kremlings and K. Rool
-A genuine Banjo-Threeie
-A proper follow-up to Thousand Year Door

...well, at least K. Rool and Banjo are in Smash...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
View attachment 229996
View attachment 229997

My guess is that they were going for a Pokemon style partner system, concerning the chain chomp partner is just a run-of-the-mill chomp.

Come to think of it, that's actually be pretty rad; mix Pokemon with classic Paper Mario, that'd make for an amazing system.

Also, HAPPY AMERICA DAY from here on the west coast!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hee-Howdy it's the fourth of July.
IMG_20190702_144205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's only really three video game announcements at this point that could make me jump up and down and scream with joy:

-A new DK game with the Kremlings and K. Rool
-A genuine Banjo-Threeie
-A proper follow-up to Thousand Year Door

...well, at least K. Rool and Banjo are in Smash...
I could see the first two happening, Smash brothers does wonders for a character’s relevance. It might take some time, but I can see it happening.

The third one however...

StormC

Smash Hero
I could see the first two happening, Smash brothers does wonders for a character’s relevance. It might take some time, but I can see it happening.

The third one however...
SMRPG and the first two Paper Marios are some of my most favorite games ever. They form a nice little trilogy for me. The first Mario And Luigi is pretty great, but those three have created some of my fondest video game memories to date.

It's just a bummer that in an era where so many Nintendo IPs are finally catering to the hardcore fans, we're still left in the dark on Paper Mario. I get it, but it still bums me out.

Oh well. Looking forward to Odyssey 2 at least.

Noipoi

Howdy!
SMRPG and the first two Paper Marios are some of my most favorite games ever. They form a nice little trilogy for me. The first Mario And Luigi is pretty great, but those three have created some of my fondest video game memories to date.

It's just a bummer that in an era where so many Nintendo IPs are finally catering to the hardcore fans, we're still left in the dark on Paper Mario. I get it, but it still bums me out.

Oh well. Looking forward to Odyssey 2 at least.
Oh hell yeah dude

It’s not confirmed but, come on. It didn’t get any dlc, I thinks it’s a galaxy 2 situation where they had so many ideas they just decided to make another game. I can’t wait to see what they came up with.

I hope it and BOTW 2 come out in the same year, another Zelda/Mario year would be rad.

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh hell yeah dude

It’s not confirmed but, come on. It didn’t get any dlc, I thinks it’s a galaxy 2 situation where they had so many ideas they just decided to make another game. I can’t wait to see what they came up with.

I hope it and BOTW 2 come out in the same year, another Zelda/Mario year would be rad.
My guess is BOTW2 will be a 2020 holiday title. Odyssey 2 might not be far behind that. I don't think they'll announce it this year though, maybe in the fall Direct.

The big three Nintendo games for 2020 will be Odyssey 2, BOTW2, and Pokemon DP remakes. And a new Donkey Kong please and thank you.

D

Deleted member

My guess is BOTW2 will be a 2020 holiday title. Odyssey 2 might not be far behind that. I don't think they'll announce it this year though, maybe in the fall Direct.

The big three Nintendo games for 2020 will be Odyssey 2, BOTW2, and Pokemon DP remakes. And a new Donkey Kong please and thank you.
Maybe with a surprise title too.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Kremling Komeback

Only in my dreams

StormC

Smash Hero
Featuring a mode similar to Meta Knightmare where you play as K.Rool.
This would automatically make it my favorite DKC game.

It's honestly the main reason I wanted Smash Run to return. Beating up Kremlings as K. Rool would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

I don't have pride in a country that tortures immigrant children, promotes right-wing dictatorships all over the place and slaughters millions of people in Vietnam for a dumb reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't have pride in a country that tortures immigrant children, promotes right-wing dictatorships all over the place and slaughters millions of people in Vietnam for a dumb reason.
welcome comrade

we've been expecting you

gamers rise up

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's also the birthplace of freedom of speech.

Seriously though, living in America is a great privilege. Setting politics aside, you're pretty lucky compared to the rest of the world.

D

Deleted member

Btw, I recently got out of the exam I thought I would fail at huge proportions.

Turns out that it is almost locked that I will pass that one too, lol.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A quick Google search shows it isn't.

Not that your other points don't hold true.
The term "freedom of speech" can differ according to what a country will tolerate. As far as I'm aware, America was the first country to implement an extreme definition of "freedom of speech" where both the people and the press were allowed to freely express their opinions on those with higher positions without fear of consequences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom