• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So does anyone want to discuss ideas for a new Paper Mario game that brings back and improves upon the classic formula? I shared these starting ideas a little bit ago:

[So to start, I want to return the series to its traditional formula with some potential QOL changes but I also wanted to incorporate and better flesh out some elements from SS and CS that have potential. The stickers would function just like badges

The partners would return and instead I wanted to limit the number of partners to around 4 or 5 but they’d be much more fleshed out in terms of story relevance, personality, moves inside and outside battle, etc. One such partner I had in mind was a female Reznor I’ve named Rezqueen who’d have a number of abilities and attacks with her horns, fireballs, strength, etc.

The companion character(s) I have are a duo of a magic sentient sketchbook and pencil (who communicate through written dialogue) that potentially belong to the main villain and get separated within the story, Mario has one, Peach has the other. It’s here where I’m thinking about turning this into a story where Peach gets her own side with her own gameplay, battles, partners, etc. (Two of Peach’s partners would be a Toad retainer and Daisy)

A potential villain I have in mind is an artistic sorcerer/sorceress who becomes interested in Bowser and his forces and decides to make him their muse. The sketchbook and pencil see their user becoming obsessed and making dangerous creations and decide to try and stop him/her.
Some other stuff I forgot to mention is that the classic badges would be back but visually resemble the stickers or cards that the characters would have placed in their dedicated pages in the sketchbook so it’s more visually changed than anything.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So does anyone want to discuss ideas for a new Paper Mario game that brings back and improves upon the classic formula? I shared these starting ideas a little bit ago:

Some other stuff I forgot to mention is that the classic badges would be back but visually resemble the stickers or cards that the characters would have placed in their dedicated pages in the sketchbook so it’s more visually changed than anything.
Chain Chomp partner

D

Deleted member

Spike Partner

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Well obviously a Yoshi partner (an adult one this time) :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Ideas on what kind of abilities or attacks would they have aside from the obvious bite and lunge or throw out spike balls/bars?
No, that's literally all they should do.

I'm not very good at this

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ideas on what kind of abilities or attacks would they have aside from the obvious bite and lunge or throw out spike balls/bars?
Not abilities I'd like to see but character stuff. Since chomps are basically round doggos, make it a pet and give some customisability like the Yoshi partner in TTYD.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

a uh

slams random page on mario wiki

bully partner

1562213204888.png

rock solid defense and hits hard, but sluggish and low accuracy

its main goal is to wall out damage and even have spike effects, maybe even a move that turns it into a chill bully, reducing some defense at the cost of having a side-effect of freezing enemies when attacked

1562213303490.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know anything about Paper Mario but if they bring back partner system, they kinda have to add a :ultpiranha: now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My future wishes for a new Mario Kart game:
E Gadd
Goomba
Paratroopa
Paper Mario (if that can even work)
Hammer Bro (Fire, Ice and Boomerang can work as recolors like Yoshi and Shy Guy)
Boom Boom
Pom Pom (yes, both have different stats like the Koopalings, Villager, and Inklings, so they should be treated as seperate)
Cappy
Piranha Plant
Petey
Pauline
R.O.B.
Cpt. Falcon because he might as well be in at this point.
Zelda because... Zelda
Sonic because Mario got snubbed out of SEGA All Stars Racing.
Sprixie
Shadow Mario because Sunshine reps in the roster is lacking
Toadsworth (He was in DD, kinda)
The ACTUAL King Boo
Wart
Tatanga
I guess Mary O.
And finally, CDI costumes for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and the Koopalings

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This Yoshi partner would be more fleshed out. He could subvert your expectations on what a Yoshi is like and be an arrogant ****head. (He's not Boshi btw) :yoshi:
Sounds incredibly unlikeable.

D

Deleted member

Smash Trailer Idea:

Open in a destroyed Mushroom Kingdom, from the rubble of the destroyed Peach's Castle, 3 fighters emerge, Mario, Link and Samus. In front of the rekt castle, GANONDORF stands. The heroes slowly approach Ganondorf, weapons in hand. Before they can engage in battle, a voice from above is heard, he says "Room for one more?". Suddenly, from the skies, IRON MAN lands alongside the heroes...

IRON MAN...ASSEMBLES

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I also want the partners to have more useful abilities in the overworld. I have in mind for my Reznor to do stuff like lift heavy objects with her horns, charge through obstacles, shoot fireball projectiles which could all lead to some interesting puzzles and Mario would be able to ride on her back as well.

D

Deleted member

I also want the partners to have more useful abilities in the overworld. I have in mind for my Reznor to do stuff like lift heavy objects with her horns, charge through obstacles, shoot fireball projectiles which could all lead to some interesting puzzles and Mario would be able to ride on her back as well.
How about some partners based on Odyssey characters like Bonnetons and Pokios?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, so did Kersti do anything of importance during Sticker Star? Like compared to the other "main" companions (those being Tippi and Huey), I don't recall her doing much. Like Tippi has an extremely important role to the backstory and later the end of the game, and Huey had an extremely important role at the very end of the game, but Kersti?

I mean, she sacrified herself (which, mind you, wasn't even required to do), which meant nothing since she came back unlike the other two, and...

She explains the roles of the stickers?

I'm drawing a blank here guys

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have my Yoshi doing far more on the field than covering a slight gap like in TTYD. He'd be jumping and doing acrobatics with his tongue. Also he could have a battle command where he eats Mario and keeps him inside for one turn. While that's in effect, he does double damage and any hits he gets will halve the damage for both him and Mario. This could be a move that reflects his lack of dignity and boundaries other Yoshis would normally have :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have thought about the potential for Pokios and Tostarenans (which would have similar abilities to a Dry Bones)
dry bones would be pretty neat actually if they bring back the original format

dry bones wouldnt stay down for long unless you beat em all within a time frame. that would make for a neat glass cannon that can revive itself under a set of turns as its own gimmick

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have thought about the potential for Pokios and Tostarenans (which would have similar abilities to a Dry Bones)
How about a Volbonan that can stick into walls to boost you up to new areas?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It still bothers me that they didn't call her Rose Gold Peach.
Not sure if anyone else said it, but they'd save that for Rose Gold Rosalina.

If we're talking actual characters, I guess bringing back Diddy and Funky, then adding Dixie, K.Rool and Pauline would be nice. E.Gadd too, if they really want to widen the scope a bit.

But they'll add 5 other Mario's, Bronze Daisy, Gold Wario and Gooigi first.

D

Deleted member

Smash Trailer Idea: A race of Mario Kart is going on, and everything seems to be going well. Suddenly, Kirby shows up with his Warp Star, using the star's immense speed, he passes several racers with relative ease. He is now in 2nd place, only behind Sonic. He pushes the warp star to its near limits in an attempt to catch up to Sonic, however, he goes too fast and loses control, accidently colliding with Sonic. Sonic and his car go tumbling of the track, Cars 3 style. Kirby stops racing to go check on him. Sonic is fine, but his kart is busted. As he and Kirby attempt to think of a solution, a voice from behind them says "I'll handle this". Kirby looks back in shock as he sees...

FLO FROM PROGRESSIVE...INSURES THE COMPETITION

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we got an actual Paper Mario game again, a Hammer Bro and a Shy Guy should be partners you add to your squad. Maybe another Yoshi too, cause I gotta name that little ***** Yoshimitsu.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 229991
the game that revived Marx is incompatible with the concept of "bad".
That, and the fact that my girls Adeleine & Ribbon was finally bought back from the dead thanks to this game.

The content given by updates in general was pretty great too.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If we got an actual Paper Mario game again, a Hammer Bro and a Shy Guy should be partners you add to your squad. Maybe another Yoshi too, cause I gotta name that little ***** Yoshimitsu.
inb4 not enough character space for Yoshimitsu.

D

Deleted member

I wish we'd get a Mario remake quintology with 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom