• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so after playing so many courses in Endless mode, I am 100% convinced that if a level has Meowser it it, it's bound to be garbage.

And if there's a car somewhere in the level, then either it's "Speedrun" or a level where you hold right for 3 minutes.

D

Deleted member

Here’s my roster for it though I’d like to rebalance it so it’s even in all categories (like 14 or 16 each). Wanna help me?

Lightweight
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy (Middleweight?)
Kamek
E. Gadd
Captain Toad
(Costume or Middleweight?)
Nabbit
Cappy

Middleweight
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr. (Lightweight?)
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline
Hammer Bro
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup

Heavyweight
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser
Rosalina
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Dry Bowser (Costume?)
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool
I'd like some more non Mario characters beyond the DKC ones, and I think Cappy would better fit as a part of Mario. Other than that, this roster is top kek

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Zinith Zinith Iridium Iridium
Ok, so...while Yoshi hasn't won any major tournaments, he has more mains than I expected. Danbi, Seth, Squerk, Squarez, and Raptor are five Yoshi mains that have played relatively well in major tournaments (top 64 or so) within patch 3.10. DIO placed high as well, but he's a Yoshi alt.

Seth placed 17th at his best, but it was also the major with the highest amount of members, with being well over 1,000. I'd put Seth and Squarez as roughly equal concerning who the best Yoshi main is, just by looking at major tournament results. Of course, there is more to competitive play than just majors, but it gives us a ballpark as to who the best Yoshi main is.

D

Deleted member

miyamoto spends 15 years in a lab thinking of what gimmick he can make out of paper
Worker: So, for the new Paper Mario game, I was thinking-
Miyamoto: How many Toads are there?
Worker: Well-
Miyamoto: *Strips Naked and tackles the worker* HOW MANY TOOOOOOOOAAAAADS

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'd like some more non Mario characters beyond the DKC ones,
Such as? I mean I do kinda want to see WarioWare but I’m a bit undecided if I wanna do it yet.

I think Cappy would better fit as a part of Mario.
I think Cappy has earned his dues and deserves his own spot. He wouldn’t get to shine as much as part of Mario in a kart racer considering you always see the racer from behind.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Cappy has earned his dues and deserves his own spot. He wouldn’t get to shine as much as part of Mario in a kart racer considering you always see the racer from behind.
if hes a tiny ghost that can somehow race then by god i better see a goomba racing too

D

Deleted member

I think Nintendo should expand the mainline canon Mario Universe so it can stop seeming so generic. Odyssey was a step in the right direction in this regard, but I'd like to see more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean I’m planning on returning to the original mechanics and formula with some potential QoL changes. The series could return to glory in the right hands.
It's always going to be Miyamoto's hands though, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

Ok, so after playing so many courses in Endless mode, I am 100% convinced that if a level has Meowser it it, it's bound to be garbage.

And if there's a car somewhere in the level, then either it's "Speedrun" or a level where you hold right for 3 minutes.
I made one with Meowser in it

It was only when I went to test it did I learn that Meowser broke out of the area I had him in and chased me throughout the damn level lol. I tried to block him into the area with on/off switch blocks only to learn that you can't use those block in that particular mode! (Probably wouldn't have worked anyway).

I had to redesign everything with the fact that Meowser chases you in mind! I had to provide multiple different paths to jump on/across and different platforms at varying height levels so that players, when seeing Meowser suddenly rising from the molten depths, or freakin' back-flipping through the air firing a perfectly aimed fireball at you, could have different avenues to avoid it. At the end of the little 'Escape from Mewoser!' run, I placed a Door that teleport players back to the beginning (though higher up) to reset Meowser's position so that they could walk into his proper 'Boss room' where they were supposed to face him to begin with.

Mighta made him too easy though.... I placed three pipes at the top of the 'roof' of the Boss room. The two end ones poop out Bomb-ombs players can toss at Meowser and the middle pipe gives players a recurring Fire Flower. I uploaded it after beating it, but I may go back and modify it a bit since beating him seemed a little easy (it was only escaping him that was a little rough and I believe I put a checkpoint in after the escape, so the fight afterwards has little stakes). I'm thinking I could do what one of the other levels did and scrap the Fire Flower and Bomb-ombs, just providing players red POW blocks to toss at him, but I haven't decided fully yet.

You know Cappy has arms right?
View attachment 229984
Is that Cappy's true form or is he just using some poor ghost as a host body like the maniacal off-shoot of a Yeerk that he truly is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So for whatever reason, I decided now that I'm on Summer break to actually try working out again. I've been lifting weights at home, as well as taking morning runs for the past two days. I didn't run today because my legs were on fire. I haven't actively exercised in a long time, so it feels good to actually do it.

I ran a mile in 8 minutes and 15 seconds the first day, and then 8 minutes and 14 seconds yesterday.

Horrible mistakes were made today, as I bought, like, 6 games when I originally set out for two (Chrono Trigger and Shadow Dragon on DS), so now my backlog basically increased by like 80 hours. I'm a mess.

With Stranger Things coming back tomorrow, and with my girlfriend and I in the middle of season 3 of Riverdale, I've got a butt ton of stuff on my plate...never mind the stuff we want to do to the house itself.

AND I'M STILL GONNA HAVE TIME TO WHOOP ALL Y'ALL IN ARENAS. Just not tonight. Or tomorrow night. Or Friday night.

D

Deleted member

So far, Crafted World, NSMBUD, and Star Allies are the worst 1st Party Switch games

D

Deleted member

In all honesty I can't really blame Nintendo for doing the overhauls of Paper Mario with Super, SS and CS.

After replaying TTYD last christmas I can say that the game is just boring, there is lots of backtracking which is annoying, the partners are only interesting the chapter they are introduced in, there's barely improvements to the combat from PM64 aside the stage mechanics which are more obstrusive than fun, and overall the game is quite easy as even with the obstructions I died only once or twice (due to the stage hazards more than the enemies). Pretty much the only interesting thing about the game is the lore.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
and i want a goomba doing wheelies on a dirtbike that's all i ask

he gets a pass on the account of ghost shenanigans

probably possessing the bike tbh
Wait

So King Boo gets a pass because he's a ghost and can possess the kart/bike

BUT CAPPY, THE GHOST WHO LETS MARIO POSSESS things can't?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In all honesty I can't really blame Nintendo for doing the overhauls of Paper Mario with Super, SS and CS.

After replaying TTYD last christmas I can say that the game is just boring, there is lots of backtracking which is annoying, the partners are only interesting the chapter they are introduced in, there's barely improvements to the combat from PM64 aside the stage mechanics which are more obstrusive than fun, and overall the game is quite easy as even with the obstructions I died only once or twice (due to the stage hazards more than the enemies). Pretty much the only interesting thing about the game is the lore.
you dare criticize my perfect unflawed nostalgia?

i should smite you

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well CTR is getting even wackier now. Won an online race but I didn't appear on the podium..

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait

So King Boo gets a pass because he's a ghost and can possess the kart/bike

BUT CAPPY, THE GHOST WHO LETS MARIO POSSESS things can't?
im not an idiot, of course he could do that

but do you wanna play as cappy or play as the bike itself :nifty:

BZocky

Smash Ace
My pipedream Mario spinoff roster is something close to MK8 but with far fewer baby/metal/suit characters to be replaced with more unique ones. Pauline, Polterpup, E. Gadd, Gooigi, Geno, Kamek and Cappy come to mind as Mario universe reps. More DK representation like K. Rool, Dixie, Diddy, Funky and maybe even a Kritter. ROB, Captain Falcon, Wario reps like Syrup and Jimmy T. and a 3rd party like Banjo would also be nice

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
im not an idiot, of course he could do that

but do you wanna play as cappy or play as the bike itself :nifty:
I want to play as a Penguin.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I made one with Meowser in it

It was only when I went to test it did I learn that Meowser broke out of the area I had him in and chased me throughout the damn level lol. I tried to block him into the area with on/off switch blocks only to learn that you can't use those block in that particular mode! (Probably wouldn't have worked anyway).

I had to redesign everything with the fact that Meowser chases you in mind! I had to provide multiple different paths to jump on/across and different platforms at varying height levels so that players, when seeing Meowser suddenly rising from the molten depths, or freakin' back-flipping through the air firing a perfectly aimed fireball at you, could have different avenues to avoid it. At the end of the little 'Escape from Mewoser!' run, I placed a Door that teleport players back to the beginning (though higher up) to reset Meowser's position so that they could walk into his proper 'Boss room' where they were supposed to face him to begin with.

Mighta made him too easy though.... I placed three pipes at the top of the 'roof' of the Boss room. The two end ones poop out Bomb-ombs players can toss at Meowser and the middle pipe gives players a recurring Fire Flower. I uploaded it after beating it, but I may go back and modify it a bit since beating him seemed a little easy (it was only escaping him that was a little rough and I believe I put a checkpoint in after the escape, so the fight afterwards has little stakes). I'm thinking I could do what one of the other levels did and scrap the Fire Flower and Bomb-ombs, just providing players red POW blocks to toss at him, but I haven't decided fully yet.
My issue is when people shove in giant winged Meowser not realizing that doing so makes him invincible for half the fight, as well as Bowser in all styles having some extreme RNG on his movement. It gets annoying when people don't design around his movement, instead just putting him at some random location where he really shouldn't be, and then watch him fly around the stage for like 3 minutes before you can attack.

Endless mode is doing a number on me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I trashed Yoshi's New Island just like everybody else. I know what's crap and what's not.

Did you even play the game? I remember you were adamant about not playing it...
I played it cause I figured it couldn't be THAT bad, I played it, got crippling depression, and deleted the save from my Switch, that game is so trash it gave me Stage 5 Cancer

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here’s my roster for it though I’d like to rebalance it so it’s even in all categories (like 14 or 16 each). Wanna help me?

Lightweight
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy (Middleweight?)
Kamek
E. Gadd
Captain Toad
(Costume or Middleweight?)
Nabbit
Cappy

Middleweight
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr. (Lightweight?)
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline
Hammer Bro
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup

Heavyweight
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser
Rosalina
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Dry Bowser (Costume?)
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool
Oooo. Mario Kart Rosters! Here’s what I came up with.

So, in between Zelda brainstorming sessions, I decided to pick the roster for a Mario Kart game. I thought it would be an interesting challenge. I watch enough youtubers that I feel I have a good idea what people would like from a Kart game. Thought I'd beam it your way.

Playable Characters
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Princess Daisy
  7. Yoshi
  8. Birdo
  9. Bowser
  10. Bowser Jr.
  11. Wario
  12. Waluigi
  13. Pauline
  14. Professor E. Gadd
  15. Rosalina
  16. Koopalings (Alt Skins on the same racer)
  17. Cappy
  18. Kamek
  19. King Wart
  20. Tatanga
  21. Geno
  22. Mallow
  23. Fawful
  24. Cackletta
  25. Vivian
  26. Gombella
  27. Kooper
  28. Bombette
  29. General Guy
  30. King Boo
  31. Petey Piranha
  32. Don Pianta
  33. Nabbit
  34. Jimmy T
  35. Ashley
  36. Kat and Ana
  37. Donkey Kong
  38. Donkey Kong Jr.
  39. Diddy Kong
  40. Dixie Kong
  41. Funky Kong
  42. Cranky Kong
  43. Candy Kong
  44. King K. Rool
  45. Krunch
  46. Poochy
  47. Alex
  48. Rabbid Mario
  49. Rabbid Luigi
  50. Rabbid Peach
  51. Rabbid Yoshi
  52. Rabbid Kong
  53. Rabbid Cranky
  54. Phantom
  55. Spawny
  56. Link
  57. Samus Aran
  58. Fox McCloud
  59. Captain Falcon
  60. Exitebiker
  61. Isabelle
  62. Inkling
  63. Sonic the Hedgehog
  64. Pac-Man
  65. Don-chan
  66. Mii

I figures alternate versions of characters (Metal, Tanooki, Baby) can all be alternate costumes. I also decided to use Paper Mario partners over generic enemies to give each character a little more personality. Ideally the paper characters would be fully 3d instead so that they fit the game's aesthetic a bit more. I also originally wanted to include other Diddy Kong Racing characters, but Rare and Microsoft own pretty much all of them (they were licensed for the DS remake).

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I know everyone else who played MM2 thought thid at one point, but Bros 3 and 3D world need better variety with Semi-Solid platforms, like, what is this, with Bros 3 half of them are just boxes and almost all of them are the exact same thing in 3D World.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I played it cause I figured it couldn't be THAT bad, I played it, got crippling depression, and deleted the save from my Switch, that game is so trash it gave me Stage 5 Cancer
This post gave me cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom