• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Also, before I forget...not sure how Yoshi does in 64/Original tournaments. So I'm ignorant there. Would have to do more research. But in general...

:yoshimelee:: Amsa; good tournament results but mediocre theory. Solid mid-tier, upper half of mid-tier actually. Would be a high tier if his moveset and weaknesses weren't volatile. Either way, Melee Yoshi (and Amsa) shouldn't be slept on considering how his meta has progressed father than ever expected.
:yoshi2: No pro player that's at top level; slightly better theory that's still average but worse tournament results. Borderline low tier.
:4yoshi: Debate-ably, Raptor...although Raptor fell off once DLC took over the meta. Good theory, poor tournament results. VERY middle tier.
:ultyoshi: No solid top player atm, will have to let the meta develop more. Similar to Smash 4...good theory, but poor tournament results so far. If this trajectory continues, he'll fall to mid tier eventually.

PM Yoshi is his saddest incarnation. I feel bad for PM Yoshi, tbh.
There's a reason I don't have Project M Yoshi on my profile. That game is dead to me

D

Deleted member

Brawl Yoshi was my first Smash Main. To this very day, I have no idea if he was good in that game or not

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok thanks. That fixed it.

View attachment 229979
This is what they looked like. Sorry about the quality. Snapshot got it mid-animation.
That’s really odd. Perhaps some did try to mod characters in? There’s dlc place holders for like 10 characters, several of which are baby versions of the roster.

It’s possible someone tried to mod them in and that’s what happens for whatever reason. Either that or perhaps you game isn’t displaying a certain character right? Although I think the former seems the likeliest

D

Deleted member

In Mario Kart 9, can we get rid of those forking babies and add actual characters?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m still disappointed MK8D didn’t bring back Funky Kong even as DLC

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That’s really odd. Perhaps some did try to mod characters in? There’s dlc place holders for like 10 characters, several of which are baby versions of the roster.

It’s possible someone tried to mod them in and that’s what happens for whatever reason. Either that or perhaps you game isn’t displaying a certain character right? Although I think the former seems the likeliest
I've seen the latest data mine. Wouldn't be any of those characters I think. I didn't recongise the victory animation or voice clips but I guess they could belong to a character who's podium animation I hadn't seen.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a hack. Seen some weird stuff lately. One race a character was inching forward past the start line before the race had begun.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i want stuff from double dash back

not like, the actual double dash, i mean character specific super items. **** was fun, especially chain chomp and bowser shell.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, before I forget...not sure how Yoshi does in 64/Original tournaments. So I'm ignorant there. Would have to do more research. But in general...

:yoshimelee:: Amsa; good tournament results but mediocre theory. Solid mid-tier, upper half of mid-tier actually. Would be a high tier if his moveset and weaknesses weren't volatile. Either way, Melee Yoshi (and Amsa) shouldn't be slept on considering how his meta has progressed father than ever expected.
:yoshi2: No pro player that's at top level; slightly better theory that's still average but worse tournament results. Borderline low tier.
:4yoshi: Debate-ably, Raptor...although Raptor fell off once DLC took over the meta. Good theory, poor tournament results. VERY middle tier.
:ultyoshi: No solid top player atm, will have to let the meta develop more. Similar to Smash 4...good theory, but poor tournament results so far. If this trajectory continues, he'll fall to mid tier eventually.

PM Yoshi is his saddest incarnation. I feel bad for PM Yoshi, tbh.
I'd probably say Suarez for Ultimate right now. The guy easily has the best top player wins (Light, Cosmos, etc.) and placements out of any Yoshi main. It just gets very complicated after that.

I'm just as confused as to how and why Diddy Kong got ditched.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dude what if King K. Rool in a future Mario Kart tho??

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi first appeared in Yoshi's Island
Baby Peach in Partners in Time
Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina were made up for Mario Kart and hasn't appeared in anything else
We just forgetting Baby DK, Wario and Bowser?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've seen the latest data mine. Wouldn't be any of those characters I think. I didn't recongise the victory animation or voice clips but I guess they could belong to a character who's podium animation I hadn't seen.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a hack. Seen some weird stuff lately. One race a character was inching forward past the start line before the race had begun.
It might be possible that the data mine characters have some weird placeholder if hacked in currently. Otherwise maybe it’s just a regular hack as you said. Odd occurrences regardless. Hopefully your games get better

D

Deleted member

Honest take, I really couldn't care less if the Kongs or the Babies are in the Mario Kart roster, just give me the Koopalings again as they were the best addition of 8.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It still bothers me that they didn't call her Rose Gold Peach.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We just forgetting Baby DK, Wario and Bowser?
i like how they still use baby bowser instead of bowser jr

yet nintendo just sweeps these guys under the rug

1562209730200.png

they'll try to convince you he never existed

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honest take, I really couldn't care less if the Kongs or the Babies are in the Mario Kart roster, just give me the Koopalings again as they were the best addition of 8.
what if

you wanted the koopalings

but nintendo said

1562209803313.png

D

Deleted member

Prediction: Smash 6 in 2023. The Main Draw this time is 100 Fighters

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wow 3 weeks here in grad school is about to fly by so fast! Can’t believe I’m flying back home next Saturday

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
actually remember when luigi could ride the poltergust in the PAL version of boolossus

i wonder if thats in mario kart yet

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
actually remember when luigi could ride the poltergust in the PAL version of boolossus

i wonder if thats in mario kart yet
Poltergust kart was in Mario Kart DS.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'd probably say Suarez for Ultimate right now. The guy easily has the best top player wins (Light, Cosmos, etc.) and placements out of any Yoshi main. It just gets very complicated after that.

I'm just as confused as to how and why Diddy Kong got ditched.
I'm actually making a stat chart looking at the tournament results of all the different mains of different characters at majors. I'm looking at the Samuses right now, so Yoshi is coming up next.

With the three I've completed so far...Mario's meta is quite healthy, with many mains for him. Link, even after losing Salem, is doing ok overall. And DK?...Pray for the gorilla, please.

Still need to finish looking at Samus and Dark Samus.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I WANT A NEW MARIO RPG ON THE SWITCH AND I WANT IT NOW
sorry they kinda burned out literally everything by making all of the mario & luigi games on 3DS

i think the last time [forgot their name rip] would want to do is make another one

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In Mario Kart 9, can we get rid of those forking babies and add actual characters?
Here’s my roster for it though I’d like to rebalance it so it’s even in all categories (like 14 or 16 each). Wanna help me?

Lightweight
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy (Middleweight?)