• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
While I wouldn't count Sora out of the race yet, his situation is looking grim atm. He is a good pick but I feel that having to go between 2 companies that can be hard to work with is an issue.
when was he outright disconfirmed?? Not like I expected him to even be confirmed but I missed this pff
Sora got deconfirmed? Ouch sorry to his supporters...That must had been a big blow to their hearts...:(
I don't think he's actually been deconfirmed
i mean come on it's ****ing SMASH, why would they say yes if they were asked, it's probably being kept a surprise
Sadly...

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66064/sora-confirmed-debut-super-smash-bros-ultimate/index.html

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey remember how I said no one was going to buy Mario Maker 2 and nobody believed me
Who’s laughing now
People are still going to get Mario Maker 2 regardless - I've got a student who's wanting to buy a Switch just for that game.

At the end of the day, even if it has its flaws (no amiibo support, weird choices for multiplayer), it's still Mario Maker (and, by extension, a near-limitless amount of Mario levels) on a platform that's caught on much better than the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

._. Well I got my first major infraction, and justfully so.

Anyway, how is everybody feeling about Sora being disconfirmed?
It was expected, but you all know why I think that at this point.

Still sad to see he has no chance for another Fighter Pass after Erdrick though unless there's more after this Season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel like that was people joking or making things up prior to the game's release. However, Cloud barely features in any Spirit Battles (he's in the fight with Master Edges and the fight with Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but that's pretty much it), and there are no Final Fantasy spirits aside from Cloud and Cloud's alternate costume (both of which only use the Smash artwork, as opposed to the artwork from the original game or Advent Children).

I'm not sure if Square handles things like art and music differently from seemingly every other company, or what the specific problem is.
Square supports creator rights meaning Tetsuya Nomura and Nobuo Uematsu have some degree of ownership over their creations, same with Sugiyama and Dragon Quest. It also means more royalties for Nintendo to spend

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like that was people joking or making things up prior to the game's release. However, Cloud barely features in any Spirit Battles (he's in the fight with Master Edges and the fight with Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but that's pretty much it), and there are no Final Fantasy spirits aside from Cloud and Cloud's alternate costume (both of which only use the Smash artwork, as opposed to the artwork from the original game or Advent Children).

I'm not sure if Square handles things like art and music differently from seemingly every other company, or what the specific problem is.
Honestly, how many Spirit Battles would actually require Cloud unless they brought in other FF protags.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OH **** I JUST REALIZED I CAN GET MAHVEL 3 AND THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION AFTER TOMORROW YOOOO THAT'S GONNA BE GOOD

Also I cannot listen to the DMCV final boss theme unless it's the version with Nero yelling "**** YOU!". Anyone else have this problem

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
OH **** I JUST REALIZED I CAN GET MAHVEL 3 AND THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION AFTER TOMORROW YOOOO THAT'S GONNA BE GOOD

Also I cannot listen to the DMCV final boss theme unless it's the version with Nero yelling "**** YOU!". Anyone else have this problem
Wait, is MCC coming to PC tomorrow or you're getting it on Xbox?

And there are some songs like that for me. Beep Block Skyway without the "DING DING DING" for one.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly, how many Spirit Battles would actually require Cloud unless they brought in other FF protags.
i feel like cloud's limited spirit battle presence is probably down to SE being very protective of his image and not wanting him made part of jokes (as so many spirit battles are) related to other characters they don't own

i get the feeling we'll see him used a little more in the DQ spirits because those are square's characters and so are most likely put together with their express approval

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some "news" on Vergeben and Hitagi
Could you put a direct link to the post in question instead? It helps if we have a source to go off of, and the post in question has language that counts as censor dodging if you post it in image form.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For what it's worth he could've just been under NDA and could've gotten in trouble if he said "yeah he's in." While I don't view it as good news as Sora I still don't think he's deconfirmed, and this is coming from someone who doesn't care about Sora at all.
Ill just stick to believeing he wont ever be in smash until further notice pfff

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
God. I’m down to the last 130 spirits. I never thought i’d Be so close.

Do any of them come from Online related challenges? Or songs for that matter.
Some do, but most of them should be available in the Spirit Board now while some of the more recent ones will probably become fully available later.

Oh wait, you mean the online challenge board? no there isn't anything significant to unlock there that you can't get offline as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
pokemon go
pokemon sleep
next thing you know it's gonna be pokemon eat where a goddamn munchlax breaks into your home and eats everything unhealthy so you're forced to do that diet you said you'd do 3 years ago

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you can't find the image that inspired you to help you on your work.
c13.gif

I need memes to deal with the pain.:drsad:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some do, but most of them should be available in the Spirit Board now while some of the more recent ones will probably become fully available later.

Oh wait, you mean the online challenge board? no there isn't anything significant to unlock there that you can't get offline as far as I'm aware.
Few. That’s good. I know I got some spirits and songs from the other sections, but I guess Sakurai didn’t want to have that content locked behind a paywall. What a bro.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
i feel like cloud's limited spirit battle presence is probably down to SE being very protective of his image and not wanting him made part of jokes (as so many spirit battles are) related to other characters they don't own

i get the feeling we'll see him used a little more in the DQ spirits because those are square's characters and so are most likely put together with their express approval
Square really needs to get over it and just let Cloud be a part of Smash. Konami does it, for land's sake. There is no reason they needed to do that.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Square really needs to get over it and just let Cloud be a part of Smash. Konami does it, for land's sake. There is no reason they needed to do that.
Square is normally very picky with copyright. Another Square Enix character is unlikely.
Oh yah Geno's not third party (Depending on the situation)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Today I learned that when you're making gumbo out of the box it's not really gumbo. It's soup with a little rice in it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yah Geno's not third party (Depending on the situation)
He's third party in every situation.

If Square says "yeah i'll make a mario rpg but i own the original characters made in this game" then they own it no cap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom