• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
It is time for the Porygon redemption arc in the anime even though Porygon did nothing wrong (can't blame the mascot and they need a scapegoat). Also why the hell did they think the strobe effect was a good idea?
ive seen that episode like 9 times and never once convulsed or dropped to my knees in a puddle of drool. my brother is terrified to look at the screen tho lmao

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ooooookay. Joke's going too far.

Gothitelle's superior anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Talking serious, Pokemon Sleep trikes me as an executive decision that's a bit disconnected from reality.

The missed the point that Pokemon Go's main appeal wasn't gameifying exercise, it was bringing alive the fantasy that this world and the Pokemon world aren't that different.

It's the same kind of thinking that brought the Emoji movie to life after the Lego movie

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So does Gardevoir, actually :y

Wait, does Gothitelle even have feet ?
Both have stub feet but what I think Idon means is that Gothitelle's "dress" is actually its body and it's legs are tiny.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Talking serious, Pokemon Sleep trikes me as an executive decision that's a bit disconnected from reality.

The missed the point that Pokemon Go's main appeal wasn't gameifying exercise, it was bringing alive the fantasy that this world and the Pokemon world aren't that different.

It's the same kind of thinking that brought the Emoji movie to life after the Lego movie
While I agree with this 100%, my sleeping is just so incredibly **** that I'm willing to give it a shot regardless.

And if it does have any benefit to health, as anything encouraging one to have a regular sleep schedule is wont to do, then I'll call it fair.

It certainly ain't gonna reach Go levels of success, but hey.

KMDP

Smash Legend
ive seen that episode like 9 times and never once convulsed or dropped to my knees in a puddle of drool. my brother is terrified to look at the screen tho lmao
You'll only have a seizure if you have photo-sensitive epilepsy.

Of course, "the middle of a tv show" is a terrible time to find out that you have photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Not that there's a good time to find out you have epilepsy, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Just caught up on Pokemon stuff - seems cool and will likely be using Home to transfer a lot of my Sun and Moon team over (not all of them, as I don't want the game to become completely barren, but at least the teams I used on the Battle Tree and maybe some more)

What's everyone's favorite Mario game?
TTYD forever and always

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You'll only have a seizure if you have photo-sensitive epilepsy.

Of course, "the middle of a tv show" is a terrible time to find out that you have photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Not that there's a good time to find out you have epilepsy, but you know what I mean.
I mean even if you don't have it it's just an incredibly garish effect that's kind of hard to look at.

Honestly if the only two reactions to your episode are
1559124900896.png
and
1559124936799.png
then it's probably better off shelved.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Electric Soldier Porygon is an affront to the eyes and I can't see how people making the episode didn't once go 'hang on, is this obnoxious red/blue flashing really going to be received well?'

Though the best case of episode banning is that Safari Zone one which meant Ash got 30 Tauros with no explanation

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

No, the thinking that got the Emoji Movie brought to life was the Director wanting to do something similar to Toy Story. That's the inspiration.

Stuff like Lego Movie and Wreck-It Ralph having similarities are just that, similarities.

And yeah, we get some weird features sometimes. Though I'm having a hard time finding a good example, as they're all fairly inappropriate. Welp. Uncomfortable implications are in many games these days, basically. This is yet another example.

D

Deleted member

DETECTIVE PIKACHU 2 FOR SWITCH BAY-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
hey wait, where'd everybody go

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what I don't get? Why arent there any spirits for Persona 4 and 3? At least for the ones that have Mii Fighter Costumes.

Also, they have official names. Why are they not called "Yu Mii Costume" and "Makoto Mii Costume"
Super late reply, but: Because Joker's Spirit Board is Persona 5 themed. It would be weird having characters from other games.

And while they have official names, ATLUS still encourages people to name them however they want and only uses those names when necessary.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Super late reply, but: Because Joker's Spirit Board is Persona 5 themed. It would be weird having characters from other games.

And while they have official names, ATLUS still encourages people to name them however they want and only uses those names when necessary.
I see.

I need to finish that let’s play of Persona 5. Then I need to start on 4 and 3 if I have any hope of playing the Arena games.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So

Everyones talking about detective Pikachu 2 but yall Pokémon Sleeping on my fresh Pokémon Shirt!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Damn those are some nice Pokemon shirt designs
Shame about the prices though

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I actually kinda think Pokémon Sleep is a great idea.

Not only has Pokémon invaded exercise and our daily lives further than the games themselves have, now they’re going to be a part of the time we aren’t even awake.

There’s effectively no other franchise that this works for in the same capacity. Not every fan may use it, but imagine the folks that play Pokémon Go and want to raise their Pokémon...then imagine if Sleep allows them to grow and you don’t even have to play.

It’s meme material, but I think it’s brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom