• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Zebras.

Aside from their coloration which I like, I just like the form of zebras and the voices they have. Plus, I like the fact that a pattern so striking is unique to every single zebra. I find that fascinating.
Nice. :)

Zebras are also my sisters favorite. I can understand the appeal in them.

Interesting fact. There were attempts in domesticating zebras (Mostly due to their resistance to African diseases that horses were prone to) but all failed due to their nasty tempers and would nip at handlers and duck their heads eyeing the lassos at all times. This is because they evolved in an environment full of predators always on the high alert and given humans originated from Africa they evolved alongside us to know we posed a danger.

Hence why we've only been able to tame them at best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we are talking about kids, probably no better time to formally announce we are expecting our second child. So far, both are healthy and we are expecting sometime around the holidays. I was waiting as there’s always the chance of losing the child and, while there is still that chance, we passed that time of risk. I have had close friends and family formally announce a pregnancy and then lose the child which is heartbreaking.
I hope it all goes well, and your child ends up being healthy and safe!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man i suck with ryu online no matter how hard i practice

i dont know the secrets man

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’m not one to defend bad parenting as I see the product of it on a daily basis but sometimes....I get it.

I’ve had a few instances where my child is completely and utterly inconsolable and just literally a wreck over absolutely nothing. Like flinging herself over the couch and slamming her feet against the wall with little interesting in playing with blocks, singing a song, going for a walk, or having something to eat or drink. So, I admit, I will turn on Netflix and watch a cartoon show which usually stops her tantrum and gives us some peace and quiet.

I could probably find a better alternative that she could possibly enjoy besides Netflix but I know for a fact that putting on Molang will give us thirty minutes top of peace and quiet and that’s a rare commodity in our household.

People might think that’s bad parenting and I would probably agree but it’s something to keep our sanity in check.
I should clarify: this is my family's business. She took the store's chest full of candy, put it on one of our $1095 couches currently for sale, told her kid to have at it, then walked around the corner and out of sight to leave him alone with two pounds of someone else's candy.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
On a very personal note, I'm super confused where to go or what to do with life right about now. I've made huge progress over the past few years with mental health, taking care of myself and becoming a generally better person, and I've managed to finish college about a month ago in a much better standing than when I started and was really struggling with aforementioned mental health.

And the world I coming out to just seems so insane in this moment and I don't know how to fix any of it. While I was getting better, the world was getting much worse and I just don't know where or how to exert the energy I've gained. I've been trying my hand at the little corners I inhabit to encourage respect, responsibility for actions, and compassion... but I guess it just doesn't feel like enough. And I get, I'm barely a month out of college and have debt to pay back before I can do too much more... but yeah...

Damn, the quarter life crisis is real.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the other hand I'm just sitting here wondering not only who the last two DLC fighters for Smash might be but who the last 9 DLC characters for Mortal Kombat 11 might be. Given were getting 3 Kombat Packs that means we should be getting a total of 18 DLC characters for that with nine of those already confirmed/leaked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given tomorrow is gonna be another crappy day (In terms of weather) expect me to be here all day y'all.

Wednesday and Thursday is also expected to be going through a heat wave. Joy...

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
On a very personal note, I'm super confused where to go or what to do with life right about now. I've made huge progress over the past few years with mental health, taking care of myself and becoming a generally better person, and I've managed to finish college about a month ago in a much better standing than when I started and was really struggling with aforementioned mental health.

And the world I coming out to just seems so insane in this moment and I don't know how to fix any of it. While I was getting better, the world was getting much worse and I just don't know where or how to exert the energy I've gained. I've been trying my hand at the little corners I inhabit to encourage respect, responsibility for actions, and compassion... but I guess it just doesn't feel like enough. And I get, I'm barely a month out of college and have debt to pay back before I can do too much more... but yeah...

Damn, the quarter life crisis is real.
I’d be in a worse state if I was apt to change the world for the better, too. Use your energy to help you. Make your life better. The more you have for yourself, the more you have to give and the more power you’ll have to influence your surroundings.

You can’t start with helping the world. That’s jumping the nest before you’ve got feathers, good buddy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when joker gets nerfed in the next patch cause of people complaining about mkleo

images.gif

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
On the other hand I'm just sitting here wondering not only who the last two DLC fighters for Smash might be but who the last 9 DLC characters for Mortal Kombat 11 might be. Given were getting 3 Kombat Packs that means we should be getting a total of 18 DLC characters for that with nine of those already confirmed/leaked.
I imagine it’s 17 dlc judging by available spaces. There’s room for 42 characters before all apparent spaces are taken up and it would be a perfect 6x7 roster. One of them is likely 5 characters?

So, I’m here very late, but has anyone seen any confirmation on how Hero’s Magic list is supposed to work? He has so many options. Do you freely scroll? Is the list just random 4? Or a full list? So many questions.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’d be in a worse state if I was apt to change the world for the better, too. Use your energy to help you. Make your life better. The more you have for yourself, the more you have to give and the more power you’ll have to influence your surroundings.

You can’t start with helping the world. That’s jumping the nest before you’ve got feathers, good buddy.
Oh, I'm well aware that I'm incredibly unlikely to individually influence things on a massive scale and I'm also aware that it's not just as easy as fixing things in the world.

But I've gone the whole, make yourself better before you tackle the world thing. And it worked very well. While I won't say I cured my mental illness (depression doesn't really work that way), it's also not been an issue that I've had to do anything about for about a year now. I've been busy learning lots of useful skills like how to cook, more specific software repair, etc. I started genuinely eating healthier and exercising for the first time in my life (and had normalized my sleep schedule while I had steady courses and work at college). I finished my Bachelor of Arts in Russian Language and Literature of all things.

And yes, I have a ways to go and a great many things I can improve on in the near future (coming back to my much more rural and boring town hasn't really helped). But I've made so much selfish progress that maybe it's time to find a little more selfless progress. It's time to find a real purpose that at the very least makes things and the future a little bit better. I don't think think internal improvement and external improvement need to be such mutually exclusive things. I mean, my quality of life is objectively absurdly amazing when you'd compare it to most other points in human history and even around the world today. How much more can I possibly justify taking for myself?

Apologies for the probably entirely too real talk in this thread. It's just been weighing much more heavily on my mind these past couple days and I ended up venting here I guess. I think I might just be curious to see what other people have been feeling in the moment or have any advice as fellow people who also devote much of their free time to the Smash community like I do within those realities haha.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Mortal Kombat. My most want guests are Doom Slayer, Guts, Pennywise (Chances are decreased due to Joker and I doubt they'll add two clown based theme characters) and Raiden (Metal Gear).

Reptile I still feel has a shot. People says Shang Tsung transforming into ninjas has defonfirmed him, Rain, Ermac and Smoke but keep in mind that he also transforms into Scorpion and Sub-Zero who are in the game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of Mortal Kombat. My most want guests are Doom Slayer, Guts, Pennywise (Chances are decreased due to Joker and I doubt they'll add two clown based theme characters) and Raiden (Metal Gear).

Reptile I still feel has a shot. People says Shang Tsung transforming into ninjas has defonfirmed him, Rain, Ermac and Smoke but keep in mind that he also transforms into Scorpion and Sub-Zero who are in the game.
Kinda feel like Raiden's iconic HF Blade is gonna be what's stopping him from entering. ****'s like twice the length of Kenshi's katana.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kinda feel like Raiden's iconic HF Blade is gonna be what's stopping him from entering. ****'s like twice the length of Kenshi's katana.
Even then I don't expect him to get in to be honest. Its just wishful thinking on my part.

But man oh man wouldn't Raiden be the best member in the Special Forces or what? Especially if Metal Gear was set in the Mortal Kombat universe. Outworld under Shao Kahn's rule probably wouldn't know what hit them! :grin:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Even then I don't expect him to get in to be honest. Its just wishful thinking on my part.

But man oh man wouldn't Raiden be the best member in the Special Forces or what? Especially if Metal Gear was set in the Mortal Kombat universe. Outworld under Shao Kahn's rule probably wouldn't know what hit them! :grin:
It'd probably be on the level of Raiden turning MK into Dynasty Warriors in the beginning of his raid on Netherrealm.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It'd probably be on the level of Raiden turning MK into Dynasty Warriors in the beginning of his raid on Netherrealm.
If only I had what it took. I'd definitely write a fanfic on such a crossover. Mortal Kombat and Metal Gear set in the same universe.

Berserk is also another that could work. I can easily picture the world of Berserk being among the many realms in the Mortal Kombat universe. Idea story is Shao Kahn attempting to invade Guts' realm forcing him to enter the Mortal Kombat tournament to save his realm.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Hey everyone question.

What's your favorite animal?

Mine's the crocodile.
As a 2,01m tall Mans (6'7 ft) I have always related to giraffekind.

Pangolins AKA real life Sandshrew.

Sadly they are one of the most hunted animals in the world due to them being an ingredient in traditional "medicines"

Mod Edit: Please don't report any ad urls. Even by picture. We want them completely gone.
As one could expect, this is an extremely close second for me

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found something cool for Sigma.

Sigma Pimp Status.jpg

I'mma need official art of Mega Man or Mega Man X in a slick suit one day too.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey everyone question.

What's your favorite animal?

Mine's the crocodile.
You can't make me choose just one, so I'm just gonna give you three.

Cats, Foxes and Opossums

And yes, I liked Opossums before it was cool. Having a user here themed entirely around them had no impact on my love of those creatures whatsoever. Been a fan of them since childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom