• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Quality parenting 101:

We have a little treasure chest full of candy on our front counter to give to kids if they ask. It's up high. I just saw a mom pull the whole chest off the counter and set it on one of our couches to shut her kid up. He promptly shoved all the candy into his pockets.
That rat ******* kid better not have stolen all of the Kit-Kats

D

Deleted member

Same. I want to be the best parent I can be...whenever that day comes. I would like to raise a family one day. We'll see.
I respect parents who really work their asses off to raise their child well. Not just try to raise their child, but to actually be a good role model and teacher. Wish you luck, mate.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bad parenting exists in every gen lol.

It's just so much more noticable now since social media and smart technology exists, so it's easier to pick out the bad parents from the good.

Ironically, I have far more issues with entitled adults than whiny little kids.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all should do what I'm doing and stick to the bachelor life baby. More free to do whatever you want and like without a wife nagging at you or kids getting in the way of your free time. :p

Besides I also feel I'm just not up to it and dogs are enough to make me happy and closest to having children.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bad parenting exists in every gen lol.

It's just so much more noticable now since social media and smart technology exists, so it's easier to pick out the bad parents from the good.

Ironically, I have far more issues with entitled adults than whiny little kids.
I have issues with both because both are whiny brats I gotta work around.

Y'all should do what I'm doing and stick to the bachelor life baby. More free to do whatever you want and like without a wife nagging at you or kids getting in the way of your free time. :p

Besides I also feel I'm just not up to it and dogs are enough to make me happy and closest to having children.
Honestly, I feel someone who knows their limits. A lot of failed marriages and bad parenting are the result of no planning, lack of resources, emotional insecurity, and general **** behavior. Good to see people who don't feel obligated toward that life style every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly, I feel someone who knows their limits. A lot of failed marriages and bad parenting are the result of bad planning, lack of resources, emotional insecurity, and general **** behavior. Good to see people who don't feel obligated toward that life style every now and then.
Heck given this day and age that's another reason I choose not to. To not risk going through divorce and such.

D

Deleted member

Heck given this day and age that's another reason I choose not to. To not risk going through divorce and such.
Marriage is one of the biggest gambles I know. My father said it best. If you're gonna marry, you gotta go all-in. If you only go half-way or not at all, it's gonna fail. As a result, you really gotta go with someone you would trust to the grave.

I’d like to raise at least two kids one day (three’s my limit), one would likely be from adoption.

I’d be extremely proud to have kids with hearts this big:
If we're on kid goals, I have no interest in raising any kids. At most, I'd rather just help someone who's already alive. Ideally, I'd hit it big and then donate my money to community services across the world.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have issues with both because both are whiny brats I gotta work around.
Here's my vision: whiny kids eventually mature, they grow out of it, they learn and such. Some will fall into the errors that their parents have, others will grow up to learn to be better people than their parents.

For parents, they are far to mature at this point. By the time they realized that their kid sucks, it'll be far too late and the kid will be out the door. Or their kid grows to hate them. Unless they realized the errors of their ways, then they'll continue the path of dooming their kid. And there's nothing worse than a kid with potential being dragged down by garbage parents.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I respect parents who really work their ***** off to raise their child well. Not just try to raise their child, but to actually be a good role model and teacher. Wish you luck, mate.
Thanks
But first I must obtain a girlfriend, who must then evolve into a wife... :p

I'm lonely. None of my past 3 relationships have worked out and I've always felt beaten down after every single one.

D

Deleted member

Parenting is a hard job, wish when I get the role I can set a good example to my kids. I also want to be stable enough to provide them and be able to take them on vacation from time to time.

D

Deleted member

Here's my vision: whiny kids eventually mature, they grow out of it, they learn and such. Some will fall into the errors that their parents have, others will grow up to learn to be better people than their parents.

For parents, they are far to mature at this point. By the time they realized that their kid sucks, it'll be far too late and the kid will be out the door. Or their kid grows to hate them. Unless they realized the errors of their ways, then they'll continue the path of dooming their kid. And there's nothing worse than a kid with potential being dragged down by garbage parents.
Of course. I was sort of joking by comparing kids to trash adults. I've seen loads of adults who needed a life lesson and guiding influence because they've made some trash decisions in their life and it spreads to other people. Similarly, so do children, otherwise, some of them just continue the cycle unless someone or something spurs them to do good things.

Of course, that's speaking about ideals. I acknowledge not everybody can be helped and I got my own **** to do. Sometimes, the *stick needs to be used over the carrot when it comes to handling people.

*by stick, I mean confronting, assertion, stubborness etc. I don't mean beat people you don't like or become Joseph Stalin.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember, it's easier to explain how a Printer is broken than explaining how a Printer works.

In the same vein, it's easy to spot what makes a bad parent, but it's hard to see all the factors that makes a good one. You know which one works, but it's hard to see how its put together.

D

Deleted member

Remember, it's easier to explain how a Printer is broken than explaining how a Printer works.

In the same vein, it's easy to spot what makes a bad parent, but it's hard to see all the factors that makes a good one. You know which one works, but it's hard to see how its put together.
I like this saying. I'm gonna steal it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I won't be having kids (nor getting married) for many years from now. Not until I'm completely, entirely, 100% damn positive that I'm ready for it.

Even then I can't imagine that the prospect of parenthood won't frighten me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know I just managed to get Pit into Elite Smash, but man are swordies kind of a pain for me to play in this game. I've been trying to get Lucina into Elite Smash today because she's supposed to be easy to play but it just has not been going well. The only one I feel decent at in this game is Ike but even then he feels too stiff and limited in his options sometimes.

Are my fundamentals worse then I thought? Or do swordfighters just not match my playstyle? If it's the latter that kind of sucks considering I am one of those people who actually likes having Fire Emblem in my Smash Brothers.

D

Deleted member

I am amazed by the printers in my job, we have a broken one almost each week.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Time to show some support for my planned Galar starter.

Grookey deserves more love.
I mean, it's not exactly very forgettable. It has some things going for it, but I'll wait for whatever the final evolution is.

I know I just managed to get Pit into Elite Smash, but man are swordies kind of a pain for me to play in this game. I've been trying to get Lucina into Elite Smash today because she's supposed to be easy to play but it just has not been going well. The only one I feel decent at in this game is Ike but even then he feels too stiff and limited in his options sometimes.

Are my fundamentals worse then I thought? Or do swordfighters just not match my playstyle? If it's the latter that kind of sucks considering I am one of those people who actually likes having Fire Emblem in my Smash Brothers.
Depends. What's your preferred playstyle? Chances are some swordfighters you're trying out may not completely work a certain way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man i've been practicing it for days but i cant pull of true shoryu when i want to 90% of the time, and then when i go off stage to edgeguard i end up doing it by accident and commiting sudoku

how the **** do they do this ****, they make it sound so EZ

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, the absolute worst type of parents are the ones that won't let their child mature and grow.

Call it helicopter parenting, but there's more than just that.
There’s also the type of parents that are blind to or better yet try to justify any kind of bad behavior their child has. That really has a good chance of those kids turning into spoiled, entitled brats as well as setting them up for trouble later in life.

Basically both extremes are bad.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Depends. What's your preferred playstyle? Chances are some swordfighters you're trying out may not completely work a certain way.
I'm a pretty aggressive player who tends to focuses on grappling, wiff punishing and pressing my advantage state.

...They don't really grapple much but maybe I ought to give Chrom or Roy a go.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I'm a pretty aggressive player who tends to focuses on grappling, wiff punishing and pressing my advantage state.

I'm the same way when I play and if I play a swordie chroy is my go to because they have the tools to press and play differently than other swordies who I find work better when played more careful and safe

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Oh yeah now that all grabs have been burned to the ground, Ike is no longer the grappler swordie heavie hybrid he used to be so you're better off with Roy and Chrom, especially Chrom since he can punish you with threatening moves pretty much all the time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not sure what I'll do in terms of kids--I'm fine either way, depends on what my partner wants, and we're both undecided. The gay part makes that more difficult, but there are options if we decide to have them. But I do know how I would handle it--keep up with recent developmental research, use behavior modification only when necessary, and when we do, focus on positive reinforcement. It's all in theory, and I do not begrudge parents who find other effective means of raising children, and when difficulties arise, I acknowledge that it's not solely the fault of the parents--genetics and their environment are powerful factors in addition to nurture.

There’s also the type of parents that are blind to or better yet try to justify any kind of bad behavior their child has. That really has a good chance of those kids turning into spoiled, entitled brats as well as setting them up for trouble later in life.

Basically both extremes are bad.
As I heard Bill Nye say (which may be a much older saying), the only thing you shouldn't use in moderation is moderation. I don't wholly agree, but it fits in this case.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i can do a running shoryu or a standing shoryu, but i cant do my combos into shoryu

me wee fingers just dont memorize it

i've also been practicing my dr. mario more. i understand the character a lot more than back when i was just trying to emulate the smash 4 days, i just need to keep trying with him.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Yeah, I'd say they have most of those areas covered. You should also mess around with wavebounce Double-Edge Dances as an offstage tool if you lab them. It should be able to let you position yourself easier for covering the ledge with aerials such as b-air. A good example here.

Jab to RAR b-air is also a great kill confirm to practice for either character at high percents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom