• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wojacks and Soyjacks were a mistake
There's a new trend among Wojak posters to take photos of soyfaces and make black-and-white traces of them.

WHICH IS ONE OF THE THINGS 4CHAN WAS SUPPOSED TO HATE ABOUT REDDIT RAGE COMICS IN THE FIRST PLACE: Their new faces tended to be made using photos of real people, IE: Yao Ming, JK Simmons in Spider-Man 2, rather than drawn from scratch like FFFUUUUU-.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I may have an idea for a new username tomorrow, but that entirely depends upon who is announced. Albeit, I might have to wait for Friday when I have more time to think.

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Turned off my Chrome and Discord notifications in case a GameXplain reupload will spoil who the next Smash fighter is. I recommend everyone who'll be missing today's presentation to do that. My only issue is that Nintendo themselves will take down the livestream and reupload it with spoilers in the title and thumbnail, since they've done that before with Byleth and Min Min.

Also switched to an in-season spoopy avatar. I don't care much about Hallowe'en since my family never celebrate it, so I just inverted my existing avatar and called it a day.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been pretty much dead all day with a massive migraine. Ended up falling asleep for 2+ hours after I got off of work. I normally play an hour of Ring Fit Adventure but I couldn't. My body was willing, but my mind was shot. Between Fighter 7 & Amiibo Friday, my sleep schedule is going to be weird the next few days.

Brushing up on my Mario 1 skills to help with the Mario 35 game. I'll be curious to see if it uses SMB1 physics, SMB2 physics, or the SMM physics. When trying to get my times worth of the money I spent on a copy of All Night Nippon I used to be decent at the game but am now out of shape. Best I've done in Tetris 99 is Rank 5 so I have no idea if this will be any more manageable.

Not big on Halloween, especially now that I'm older and can just buy candy for myself, so this is probably the closest I'll get to a season avatar.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm at the library again trying to work on my story but the Smash Bros thing is making me excited so I come back here.

1601547807453.png

Smashboards is sucking me in like a Black Hole!

Edit: Forgot I had the self block software.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, Sakurai just tweeted about the character.

Things are gonna get REAL weird in a couple of hours.
Does he say anything noteworthy or it's just "hey, make sure to watch the reveal video later today, have a nice day too"?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Does he say anything noteworthy or it's just "hey, make sure to watch the reveal video later today, have a nice day too"?
He says the reveal will be like a "Festival", which Pushdustin equated to meaning that the character will be "Fanservice"(Not the lewd kind).

So.... if it's fanservice... well, there's only a few characters I can think of who'd fall under that umbrella, one standing out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He says the reveal will be like a "Festival", which Pushdustin equated to meaning that the character will be "Fanservice"(Not the lewd kind).

So.... if it's fanservice... well, there's only a few characters I can think of who'd fall under that umbrella, one standing out.
Oh boy.

Are this character fan going to get japed yet again at the last minute? Or it is finally his time to shine?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON SMASH BALL Z.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
THREE HOURS REMANING!

And I should get off this forum since I'm in the library but I can't contain my excitement for a new Smash Bros character. (And keeping up my watching live reveal streak!)

Also Wademan94 Wademan94 and Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs got a few more paragraphs and such this morning done while there. Gonna show my writing thing later. Pretty productive today and in a good mood.

And to any other creative guys on here as well like the artists.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Keanu Reeves...if he doesn't get a Namor gig

Also in a way they did kinda go down the Tom Holland route with Iman Vellani (minus the acting history of course), as she's starting off very young in this game.

also also we now wait for Kate Bishop to get casted as well (some want her to be played by Hailey Steinfeld aka Ghost-Spider from Spider-Verse)
Ah yes, I do hope there will be further confirmation for Kate Bishop and I am aware that there had been some reports saying that Hailee is going to be casted. I'm pretty much guessing we'll know who is Kate Bishop and Marc Spector (Moon Knight) soon?

Also, I can finally understand why Iman Vellani is perfect for the role of Kamala since she did do a video dedicated to Kevin Feige.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

This says "improved tweet" so I don't know what Dustin's original was like but it's not 'fan-service' that Sakurai meant.
'Join the festivities' is something that makes more sense. Sakurai's basically urging people to watch something that will be a 'fun thing.' Which doesn't say anything about the character, specifically.

Shroob

Sup?
This says "improved tweet" so I don't know what Dustin's original was like but it's not 'fan-service' that Sakurai meant.
'Join the festivities' is something that makes more sense. Sakurai's basically urging people to watch something that will be a 'fun thing.' Which doesn't say anything about the character, specifically.
Yeah, Dustin revised it a little over 30 minutes ago, he originally pinned it as fanservice.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

So what I thought before was true.

If Sakurai say it like this, then I doubt there's going to be a delay for the fighter pass, otherwise he wouldn't say that it be a "fun thing", in my humble opinion of course.

That said, think i'm gonna stop speculating at this point, it ain't worth much when the presentation is that close.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On FighterZ, I'm indecisive on whether to make my team Jiren - Piccolo - Tien or Jiren - Janemba - Tien

both have pros/cons but idk whats best for me

D

Deleted member

I'll be hanging out in the Smashboards VC closer to the reveal if anyone wants to join me. It starts at 9am my time which is comfortably in the middle of my study hall lol

D

Deleted member

Just shipped out the last of the cards people ordered.. for now anyway. Need to go through my bulk and see what I need to get rid of, and restock on toploaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom