• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Mario switching back and forth between his normal and low poly models in Mario 64 is quite jarring and happens way too often.
That was something that happened in the original, though. It's just more noticeable now due to the 720p resolution.

I fully respect if that bothers someone, but for me, it's such a small thing that it wouldn't really affect me personally.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Given your interest in the Flatwoods Monster. Here's something that might interest you. At the 30 minute mark talking about what the Flatwoods Monster could have been if it were a real animal.

Flatwoods Monster eh?

Kinda like...Them!

I always appreciate when media takes influence from cryptozoology and folklore to create monsters. Zelda's no stranger to this!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Flatwoods Monster eh?

Kinda like...Them!

I always appreciate when media takes influence from cryptozoology and folklore to create monsters. Zelda's no stranger to this!
As I mentioned earlier to KingofPhantoms. The Flatwoods Monster has also been featured in a few other games notably Fallout, and Amagon an old NES game where it was the final boss.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm surprised Pokemon doesn't have it's version of the Flatwoods Monster actually.

I've seen fan-made concepts for a possible evolution for Sableye (based on the Hopkinsville Goblin). But no official Flatwoods Pokemon. Could be interesting to see.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh he knows already lol

The wolf's also from a book like the Horseman is

No, no. You mistake, I didn't. That was me being exciting finding out about it upon you sharing.
I'm surprised Pokemon doesn't have it's version of the Flatwoods Monster actually.

I've seen fan-made concepts for a possible evolution for Sableye (based on the Hopkinsville Goblin). But no official Flatwoods Pokemon. Could be interesting to see.
Are there even any Pokemon based on any cryptids or has there only been fanmade ones?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That was something that happened in the original, though. It's just more noticeable now due to the 720p resolution.

I fully respect if that bothers someone, but for me, it's such a small thing that it wouldn't really affect me personally.
Just played the original version to compare.

Now that version is ruined for me too.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of

I found your deck, Mike

A Yu-gi-oh archetype based on famous cryptids.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This part actually legitimately scared me as a kid. But it stuck with me for how damn cool of a unique horror action-sequence it was, especially for a Zelda. I'll never forget the creatures, in no small part due to later learning about the Flatwoods Monster thanks to Them, nor that haunting music that plays during the attack:

No other game will ever successfully combine ghosts and aliens to the effect that Majora's Mask did.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
No, no. You mistake, I didn't. That was me being exciting finding out about it upon you sharing.

Are there even any Pokemon based on any cryptids or has there only been fanmade ones?
Plenty...I just mentioned Sableye which is based on the Hopkinsville Goblins, we also have :131: Nessie here.
:078:Unicorn
:076:(and the Regi's as well as Golurk) Golem
<insert dragon pokemon here>

There's also a bunch based on Japanese Yokai (including my favourite Pokemon :215: after the Kamaitachi)
Tsuchinoko:206:
Tengu=Shiftry
Oni=Sawk/Throh
Yuki Onna=Froslass
Futakuchi Onna=Mawile
Baku=:096:/Musharna
How could I forget the Kitsune as well:038:

Amoung many others. A bunch of legendaries are based on cryptids as well. :144::145::146: for example.
----

It still cracks me up that Pokemon's Kappa is a happy dancing mexican pineapple duck as well!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Turns out my copy of 3D All-Stars is gonna arrive a bit late, but just one day; it should come in tomorrow. I’m staying at my grandparents’ for the weekend though, so I guess I’ll play it Monday.

Also, question: can Galaxy’s pointer read the Pro Controller’s gyro? I want to play on a bigger screen, and my joycons have bad drift...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They should make Pokemon based on the following.

Akhlut
Bunyip
Grootslang
Hidebehind
Kelpie
Mapinguari
Pukwudgie
Qilin
Snallygaster
Tarasque
Tatzelwurm

And of course, as mentioned the Flatwoods Monster.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
They should make Pokemon based on the following.

Akhlut
Bunyip
Grootslang
Hidebehind
Mapinguari
Kelpie
Qilin
Snallygaster
Tatzelwurm
:245: Qilin's covered!
It indeed would be neat to see how they've cover these creatures though. Bunyip, Kelpie, and Grootslang especially would be neat!

It is regrettable there's yet to be a Chupacabra pokemon as well. Like c'mon a red eyed blood sucking alien thing!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Turns out my copy of 3D All-Stars is gonna arrive a bit late, but just one day; it should come in tomorrow. I’m staying at my grandparents’ for the weekend though, so I guess I’ll play it Monday.

Also, question: can Galaxy’s pointer read the Pro Controller’s gyro? I want to play on a bigger screen, and my joycons have bad drift...
Yes, you can use the pro controller's gyro for the pointer.

Don't use it myself. Haven't experienced any joycon drift in the collection despite experiencing it in other games.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pukwudgie would be neat as well. We've yet to have a proper porcupine Pokemon and implementing the Pukwudgie in it's concept would make for an interesting idea.

Great potential for the first Poison/Normal type since they use poison arrows/spears when attacking. Would probably start off as a pure Normal Porcupine then evolve into a Normal/Poison Pukwudgie that throws it's venomous quills or something.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Of course we're talking about cryptid pokemon and I forgot about the Alolan starters
Decidueye is Owlman
Incineroar is the Weretiger
Primarina is a Mermaid

Then there's Lycanroc (Midnight specifically) which is Kaupe, a Hawaiian werewolf, and Kommo-o the Hawaiian Lizard Mo'o

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
“The Trial Galaxies merely reflect your own abilities. You may find great joy...or great disappointment. You may try three types of trials. If you truly are the one who can save the universe, you will pass them all.”
ie git gud

Don't remember all of them but the rolling one was easy at least.

EDIT: Bubble wasn't too hard either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I spent a pretty large part of my day laughing at silly takes.

I do not know if that was very producitve...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Have nearly max lives in Mario Galaxy.

Guess I'll just keep playing it to avoid any game overs.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was suppose to get my copy of Mario 3D All Stars yesterday that I pre-ordered from Amazon, but the mail service pushed back the delivery of my copy to today instead. I can't wait to play Sunshine in 1080p, but dear lord I don't look forward to getting all those blue coins again.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I made my own wiki:
(This is for fan projects and stuff I come up with.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Mythical beast that appears from the beyond! Confuse his heart and crush his soul! Crossbreak ride! Revenger, Dragruler Phantom!"
BT15-002EN-RRR.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well after getting around 70 stars in 64 and Galaxy, I decided to go back to Sunshine.

Managed to clear the Pachinko level without losing a life.

D

Deleted member

It’s so cold outside it looks like it’s finally time to bring out the PANTS

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alrightyyy, decided to tweak some stuff, notably the shoulder pad colors. I felt however that just posting the change would be boring, so here's Sulesse without his clothes! Don't worry about that part.
Sulesse2 jpegg.jpg Sulesse 3 without outfit jpeg.jpg Sulesse 3 jpeg.jpg
Changed the shoulder pad to brown since I still want them to stand out, but not as much that it's distracting. Plus it goes with his belt & bootleg scarf.

Hope you like it more, and thank you again & again for the feedback, it really help!^^

ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , Knight Dude Knight Dude , @LiberatorFurHire , @ShinyLegendary , StrangeKitten StrangeKitten , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! & @NonsensicalThings

Tagging some of the peoples who helped me on this one, along the usual folks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I made my own wiki:
(This is for fan projects and stuff I come up with.)
Thanks for the idea! Making my own page as well right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom