• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eh, drying has been done and I have made my bed so I'll blitz through some 7 gaming thoughts since video game day, it's a bit long so bear with me.

1. Mirror's Edge Catalyst should have not been made. Mirror's Edge remake to change it better to 60FPS was all it needed.

2. I think the ideal time to get a new console is six months/a year after it's release. I've made sure I do this. Every console I have until the upcoming PS5 has been like that. Also I'm trying deliberately to get less excited about games in general as I really need to get onto more "adult" affairs.

3. I've never completed a Zelda game. Always near the last dungeon and I get bored, everytime.

4. Killzone Mercenary running on a Vita was an underappreciated achievement that should have gotten more recognition by the industry.

5. If it wasn't for the charm of the characters and writing, I would have passed on Hyperdimension Neptunia ages ago. Yet I have completed least two games in the series. And my love for a few characters shall always remain.

6. It saddens me that Xenoblade and Falcom's IPs get passed over by those who know only FF and Persona etc. Also as much I love FF, I still find it ironic in a way that despite the hype FFVII Remake did not beat Xenoblade 1 Remake Metacritic score.

7. And the biggest one to me.

You guys have heard of me heaps so much praise on Team Ico and my point stands of my love for them. All three games have made impact on me so much and I hold them dear to heart with the first being some of my favourite games ever.

Three months before I got the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection, I thought they were completely different games funnily enough. I thought the former was a dungeon crawler of sorts and the latter an outdoor horror game. Buying the collection was one of the best gaming decisions I have ever made in my life.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last one for tonight.

Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Kelpie.

Lost Tapes: "Kelpie"
Subject matter: Kelpie
Summary: Two friends who spend their summers playing outdoors lots takes notice of a beautiful white horse near the bank. Despite being tempted by its beauty, they dismiss it and proceeds on their day. Things however begin to come amiss when they keep noticing it as if it is following them eventually soon finding out something seems off and the horse isn't as it seems.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Had first in-person tournament in 6 months (with masks and distancing and all of course). Had 12 people.

This was refreshing. I saw my friend group again. I've missed this severely I've come to find. I needed this... the lack of social interaction was clearly a fast track towards depression, and I see that now more than ever.

D

Deleted member

Meh, looks like a stereotypical shonen affair going by that trailer.
I've been waiting for this for months actually. Battle Spirits is up there in terms of card game anime, and until this was announced the anime had been considered dead. I'm more than happy to see that's not the case.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think its that time I start getting around to watching some good ol' classic Disney films. Some I have in mind.

Tarzan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, Oliver & Company, The Great Mouse Detective, and Treasure Planet.

D

Deleted member

So tomorrow is the first day in months where we'll be going to church in person. Suffice to say I'm not particularly happy about it but what can I do? :mad088:

At least I'll have my phone so I'll have something to occupy myself with...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think its that time I start getting around to watching some good ol' classic Disney films. Some I have in mind.

Tarzan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, Oliver & Company, The Great Mouse Detective, and Treasure Planet.
:) Sound like really good choices.

I watched the animated Mulan dubbed in Latin Spanish yesterday and it's just as amazing as I remembered. After watching reviews of Mulan 2020, I wanted to watch it again just for real nostalgia's sake. I was also listening to some Disney songs,from that movie and some others like Emperor's New Groove and Toy's Story 2. (Still, in Latin Spanish).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So tomorrow is the first day in months where we'll be going to church in person. Suffice to say I'm not particularly happy about it but what can I do? :mad088:

At least I'll have my phone so I'll have something to occupy myself with...
my parents would kill me if i so much as took out my phone to tell the time in church. They're really religious.

thank you mr. pandemic for making me not have to go for a few months.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
:) Sound like really good choices.

I watched the animated Mulan dubbed in Latin Spanish yesterday and it's just as amazing as I remembered. After watching reviews of Mulan 2020, I wanted to watch it again just for real nostalgia's sake. I was also listening to some Disney songs,from that move and some others like Emperor's New Groove and Toy's Story 2. (Still, in Latin Spanish).
Yeah hearing about everything regarding the 2020 movie is what made me want to dig out my Disney movies and watch them again, reminding me of the magic and lightning in bottle that old Disney used to be (Their cartoons are however still good).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The sky is quite literally a dull, musty yellow color

The air quality is at a little under 200 and has been deemed Unsafe

The air itself smells like sulfur

...but at least I know it's a boy.
Yikes, I hope you stay safe.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The sky is quite literally a dull, musty yellow color

The air quality is at a little under 200 and has been deemed Unsafe

The air itself smells like sulfur

...but at least I know it's a boy.
When I read the articles about what was the reason the fires were caused, I just couldn't believe the lack of common sense these people had...I mean, it's sad that they had to remember such event that way, but they could have easily gone somewhere else (or at home, like I feel they should have stayed considering the current situation in the world) or AT LEAST use something like a balloon, or a piece of cake, or anything other than fireworks or whatever flammable thing they used.

:/ There sky here looks kind of yellowish and the smokescreen is covering the sun so much that, again, it looks sunset-y most of the day. I have got to see when the sky looks way more yellow and ashes rain more, but this is still scary.

Shroob

Sup?
In other news, Hololive launched its English branch of VTubers today to a surprising success

And my god

This ****'s fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom