• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The only Mario adjacent character that belongs in smash if the gosh dang Sledge Bro

/s if it wasn't obvious but sledge bro would be pretty fun

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I could poop rainbows tomorrow, doesn't mean I will.

Nintendo still follows basic logic. If they had a 30-40+ minute direct in the wings, they'd announce it ahead of time.

We've had a single Direct announced ahead of time this year, and that was the first Partner Mini, announced not even 12 hours before it came out. Every other Direct was shadow dropped.
To quote a famous cat in a more famous hat..

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Assuming things will happen because you want them to happen is a horrible way to think.

It's how we got "There could be more characters on the back of the box!" or "They won't slow down character reveals!"
I’m not saying that. I’m just saying that “it’s never happened before” is a pretty poor reason for thinking it won’t ever happen at all. Because everything has to happen for the first time. I have no idea what’s really gonna happen tomorrow, if anything. But I know what I want to happen. I know that realistically anything could happen. No need to be so cynical Mr. Grumpy Pants.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is a textbook example of possibility vs probability.

Just because something technically can happen doesn't mean we should treat it as a likely event.
Realistically, anything could happen tomorrow. So everything is likely. And at the same time nothing is. Embrace the infinite improbability!

Shroob

Sup?
I’m not saying that. I’m just saying that “it’s never happened before” is a pretty poor reason for thinking it won’t ever happen at all. Because everything has to happen for the first time. I have no idea what’s really gonna happen tomorrow, if anything. But I know what I want to happen. I know that realistically anything could happen. No need to be so cynical.
I'm going off the information that we currently have available.

You're going off your wants.

Could we get a fully fledged 30-40 minute Direct tomorrow dropped on our head out of the blue?

Yes

Have all our Directs been incredibly small and now with Partner Minis stripping out 3rd Party filler content of Generals it'd make the General small as well?

Also Yes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m not saying that. I’m just saying that “it’s never happened before” is a pretty poor reason for thinking it won’t ever happen at all. Because everything has to happen for the first time. I have no idea what’s really gonna happen tomorrow, if anything. But I know what I want to happen. I know that realistically anything could happen. No need to be so cynical Mr. Grumpy Pants.
To be fair?

Marketing department of an international company isn't a quantum uncertainty. Patterns exist because they work and corporates usually stick to their plans for a reason. Yes, anything 'can' happen but realistically, I wouldn't bank on Nintendo shadowdropping a double reveal just because I want to.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair?

Marketing department of an international company isn't a quantum uncertainty. Patterns exist because they work and corporates usually stick to their plans for a reason. Yes, anything 'can' happen but realistically, I wouldn't bank on Nintendo shadowdropping a double reveal just because I want to.
Whatever. I’m gonna be optimistic because pessimism has never taken me anywhere good. Night night Mr. Grumpy Pants!

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Honestly, I have a very sour impresson on Geno. It mostly stems from the antics of the Geno Thread, but it's also because I just dislike the circumstances of him being the third character from Square Enix to be chosen. The idea of the likes of Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, and many others getting sidelined by a one-off Mario spin-off character joining the roster instead really rubs me the wrong way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair?

Whatever. I’m gonna be optimistic because pessimism has never taken me anywhere good. Night night Mr. Grumpy Pants!
It's going to be Dr. Grumpy Pants for you, young lady.
Hey! I am a grown woman and I have a son! Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Your child's behavior doesn't fill me with confidence regarding your adulting skills.
don't make me change ya heart in order to.bring peace and balance to this world
d6d4ec478fbb140562d6458621f57fd347123cd2r1-480-270_hq.gif

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made a poll about Lloyd.

You guys should take it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I have a very sour impresson on Geno. It mostly stems from the antics of the Geno Thread, but it's also because I just dislike the circumstances of him being the third character from Square Enix to be chosen. The idea of the likes of Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, and many others getting sidelined by a one-off Mario spin-off character joining the roster instead really rubs me the wrong way.
Who would win?

A company who created dozens of well-written, popular and recognizable characters, with a good number of them being capable of leading their own spin-offs

Or

One wooden boi

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder though. Is a shadow drop coming or like last time are we about to get the announcement in 7 minutes?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
don't make me change ya heart in order to.bring peace and balance to this world
View attachment 284300
I don’t get it.

Who would win?

A company who created dozens of well-written, popular and recognizable characters, with a good number of them being capable of leading their own spin-offs

Or

One wooden boi
I think you’re looking at this the wrong way.

I'm... very confused right now.
I welcome it.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Honestly, at this point in time, I've given up on predicting Direct events based on speculation and am just going with the flow. Same applies to Smash characters; if they add anybody I like, woohoo! If they add someone I dislike or am indifferent to, woohoo! I'm a mellow one, and as a result, I'll let pretty much anything slide. Call me a shill if you like, I'm nothing more than an altruist.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Whether or not Geno gets in tomorrow, I’m gonna make a funny image. Remind me if I never post it tomorrow, it’s late here though I think I’ll remember.

Anyway I really hope it’s Geno or Steve, but mostly Geno at this point due to all the insiders seemingly teasing him and the Mario stuff and all the longtime fans waiting forever for him.

Of course maybe tomorrow won’t be the day, but we didn’t get a Spirit/Tourney event and Nintendo Twitter has been silent aside from one tweet by NintendoUK asking players if they cried in Origami King, so it feels like something should be coming by next week/sometime this month at the very least.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So it might be [REDACTED] getting in, huh?

Well, going to stay somewhat skeptical for now, especially because last time, they were so many points going for them, and then they didn't get in. Sooo yeah, in all cases, there's probably going to be salt again, doesn't it?

...Yeah, if anyone read this & isn't a fan of [REDACTED] getting in. While you don't have to love or even agree with the decision of them making it into the roster. If [REDACTED] get in tomorrow or later, just, let the fanbase for it celebrate for a day. I know they a bit crazy about this character, but they been baited so many time & waited for so long for [REDACTED] to get in that, to me, feel the least I can do is let the winner have their time to shine for a day at a mininum before I start rising a eyebrow or somethin'. (Note: I played [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] when I was younger - and didn't understand English as well as I am now - and while [REDACTED] wasn't my favourite character, I still had a good time with the game itself & the characters, so I wouldn't be really upset if they got in)

Of course, I ain't anyone master, so feel free to do whatever you like, but if I see loads of salt here and there (and there's going be, let's be honest here), I'm going to go for awhile until things calm down, 'cuz I don't like Smash reveal being followed by lots of peoples complaining. It's funny at first, but then it get just mighty tiring, so no-no for me.

Finally, if [REDACTED] get in, look at the positive side of thing and think what kind of video terminalmontage could make out of it! I don't watch many of his video, but I won't lie that I be really happy for him if it's really [REDACTED] time.

Brief, whatever happen, hope ya all the best, see ya for the reckoning.

Flowey see ya.gif

Oh and, I know their name as already been said by some members, but I just thought it be funny to keep saying [REDACTED] over & over again. Also there was supposed to be video in this post, buuut the video got deleted, so haha on me on this one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man the leakers just keep toying with us;
Let me tell ya, I ain't going to like if we got nothing but leakers making jokes & tease only for it to be all than dust.

No, I don't have bad memories of case like this in the past affecting my judgement, no sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Z25 Z25 Late, but I did indeed watch the season finale of The Owl House a couple days ago.

I'm very curious what you thought about it. I have a lot to say about it myself, and while I certainly liked it, a lot of stuff went down in it and I'm really not sure what to feel on a lot of things. Could've been better if it were an hour-long special, imo, but I still really enjoyed it.

I'll say more on it later, since I won't be awake much longer. :p

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Late, but I did indeed watch the season finale of The Owl House a couple days ago.

I'm very curious what you thought about it. I have a lot to say about it myself, and while I certainly liked it, a lot of stuff went down in it and I'm really not sure what to feel on a lot of things. Could've been better if it were an hour-long special, imo, but I still really enjoyed it.

I'll say more on it later, since I won't be awake much longer. :p
There was definitely a lot going on. As for my thoughts:
Bellos is Sans?! :p
But in all seriousness he seems like a great villain. He was intimidating, is very skilled and seems to have a very unique goal. I think the episode does a really smart and subtle job and making us question his origins. As he never once uses a circle to draw magic, he’s weaker without magic and he has that weird eye. This seems to imply he’s indeed not a witch, especially when they said he just showed up out of nowhere one day. The lack of circles when spell casting implies he’s using another way to make magic. That staff also has no palisman. Which I’m betting is a big hint he’s human and using technology or relics tied to the human world to cast magic. Although given the eye, maybe he’s some robot of vessel made to portray the will of the titan. He’s plan will likely result in the human world merging, likely reviving the titan if I had to guess. The biggest clue that’s he’s not a real witch though I believe is the cloak Luz had. It was suppose to deflect any kind of strong magic but yet bellos was able to throw her around. So it didn’t protect her. Which leads to believe his skills aren’t true magic . It’s going to be Intriguing to see where they go with him. The episode also shuts down him and sending those letters so I guess it was Eda.

As for the rest. Eda was great in this episode and it was a nice showcase of how they all really do see each other as a family. Luz also had a pretty smart plan to save her and really has come far with her magic. Blowing up her only way home was a big twist that I’m curious as to how Luz will feel down the line over it or how Eda takes it.

Lilith also was really well written this episode. Given the covens are Cults basically, it made a lot of sense that the last bit of hope she had to cure Eda was a lie, that she would betray the emperor. The backstory of why she cursed Eda was setup up well given her constant competitive nature. I’m betting since we saw Amity’s parents in that scene that they actually set Lilith up and lied to her about how long it would last.

It was also sweet to see her begin to truly stone for her actions by bearing half the curse. I hope she lives at the Owl house in season 2 and we see her grow more and maybe even help mentor Luz or vice versa.

Overall I really liked the episode, it was great to see the townspeople support Eda too. An hour would have been hype and helped slow the pace a bit but it still made for a strong finale imo that answers a lot and give us so many things to think about while waiting for season2.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I made up my own Lost Tapes here.

Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Gator Man
Gatorman.jpg

Lost Tapes: "Gator Man"
Subject: Gator Man
Summery: A local journalist travels to the USA after hearing rumours of a creature at night stalking around New Jersey, what he doesn't know is that a scaly reptilian humanoid is hunting him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom