• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last one for the night.

Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Doppelganger

Lost Tapes: "Doppelganger"
Subject matter: Doppelganger
Summary: A woman living a mostly normal life suddenly starts to find her sister behaving strangely and violently getting her into trouble. Deciding to find out what's really happening with her so she can help, she soon finds out what the being she thought was her sister might not be her at all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat River City Girls today. It's a fun beat-em-up, and hopefully it gets a sequel. It seems like a game that would be well-suited to four player co-op and more unlockable characters - I'd like to see Billy, Jimmy, and Marian from Double Dragon playable in a hypothetical sequel, especially since Billy and Jimmy are voiced by the Game Grumps while Marian's redesign looks like she'd make for a fun playable character. (If I had to pick one more to make it even, I'd go with Noize)

The game was shorter than I expected, though I suppose I should have seen that coming given its inspiration, and there's still a decent amount of stuff that I missed (I didn't break all 25 of the statues, or buy any of the items in the secret shop - they cost $5000 each when endgame enemies drop roughly $15 or $20).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No spirit/tournament news update and Nintendo of America's Twitter account hasn't tweeted in over 30 hours?

I am actually now believing something could be coming our way.
As to what though is anyone's guess.

This pattern only breaks when a new character is about to be shown off, so absolutely nothing coming of this, while possible, would indeed be quite baffling.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last one for the night.

Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Doppelganger

Lost Tapes: "Doppelganger"
Subject matter: Doppelganger
Summary: A woman living a mostly normal life suddenly starts to find her sister behaving strangely and violently getting her into trouble. Deciding to find out what's really happening with her so she can help, she soon finds out what the being she thought was her sister might not be her at all.
This reminds me of some of the creepier episodes of the Magnus Archives. Your close family suddenly starting to act like a different person is a genuinely terrifying concept.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This reminds me of some of the creepier episodes of the Magnus Archives. Your close family suddenly starting to act like a different person is a genuinely terrifying concept.
Had Lost Tapes continued and this was the premise for such an episode. I would say it'd certainly be one of the more scarier episodes with Skinwalker, Death Crawler, and Wendigo: American Cannibal.

Shroob

Sup?
So like why are people saying there will be a direct tomorrow?
tl;dr

3 parts

1) KingZell over on ResetEra posted a goodbye message to the leak scene, but highlighted the Number 3 in his post

2) Later that evening, the Direct Directory, the page where Nintendo hosts all the prior Directs, was updated suddenly

3) Smash isn't getting a Spirit/Tournament event this week, which has historically only happened when a new character is about to be shown off

D

Deleted member

No spirit/tournament news update and Nintendo of America's Twitter account hasn't tweeted in over 30 hours?

I am actually now believing something could be coming our way.
Here's to hoping...maybe doing an avatar bet was the right move after all...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I learned my lesson with making avatar bets after being stuck with that one Baboom pfp for a month. :p
I've never made bets on my avatar, but I've witnessed firsthand many others make avatar bets.

You could've been worse off. You could've gotten stuck with Dora the Explorer, Barney, or that literally baby-faced sun from Teletubbies.

...Yes, I've seen multiple people get stuck with those as avatars for a full-week on this site at least once.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh no...Not Dwayne Johnson...:(

He, his wife and their daughters...They've been tested positive for COVID...

God ******* dammit 2020! First, you take Chadwick Boseman and now The Rock and his family catch COVID. Whatever will you do next!?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So I'm gonna sow some chaos

Known Gaf leaker posted something in regards to tomorrow.

Was it a hint, or a ****post? You be the judge

But it all boils down to

Geno
Man, I don't even care anymore if Geno is in at this point lol.

If he shows up, cool; I love the game and I'm happy for his fans. If not, I'll still sleep easy because Geno is far from my favorite thing about SMRPG and I'd rather see other characters from Square Enix.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And if it’s not a mini?

And either way. What if we get the character that was supposed to be revealed with Min Min at E3 and then the character that was supposed to be revealed around now?
Do you see an announcement?

If we're getting anything, it's going to be a shadow-dropped Mini like in March.

Also, who's to say we were getting another character this year tbh?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I sleep hard if it's really Geno.

He's one of the few characters that can make me skip purchasing FP2.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd be happy for Geno'sfans and supporters, but that's about it. He's not a character I'm personally invested in otherwise.

I'd be much more hyped for someone like Spyro, Sora or Heavy. And my signature makes it obvious who I support first and foremost.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
man...the first 2 Ultimate Alliance games had the audacity to have a good amount of exclusive characters for different consoles...good thing MUA3 didn't do that

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo can do whatever they want
I could poop rainbows tomorrow, doesn't mean I will.

Nintendo still follows basic logic. If they had a 30-40+ minute direct in the wings, they'd announce it ahead of time.

We've had a single Direct announced ahead of time this year, and that was the first Partner Mini, announced not even 12 hours before it came out. Every other Direct was shadow dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom