• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Strange.

Yesterday I had a dream about a bear that was about to attack a sibling of mine, and in my recent dream I die in front of some people in school by gravity not going in my favor.

What does this mean?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm seeing places double down on a Mario collection reveal being imminent.

Also new avatar. Really looking forward to Collection of SaGa and I just adore the artwork for the robot.

D

Deleted member

So I feel like a direct is very likely, but...
Geno? Hmm, I would prefer Phoenix Wright, but I would be happy for people like Noipoi, Luigi the President, ShotoStar, TheCJBrine, ToasterBrains, and anyone else who is a cool Geno fan that I didn't mention. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
geno?

sure. rather have other square people but i don't got anything against him. i say let him in

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait, what places in particular?
Just news sites. Nintendolife updated one of their articles with Grubb and some other source.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I woke up this morning and thought to myself about visiting an aquarium for some reason.

Then I found out that my city council is planning to build a new one, really want more modern buildings in it.

Also Smash potential reveal thoughts:

I've said it before again and again, I don't understand the appeal of Geno. If there was a new Mario character or something to represent the spin-offs I would have picked the Baby Bros or Captain Toad. Design wise he would be interesting to a casual market so wee Timmy could be like "I want to play as Pinocchio with the blue hat" and you've got the hardcore fans going nuts.

No offence to some of you guys but maybe it's just personally I've seen how very, very toxic some of the Geno fanbase can be and that's how I've been put off by him.

If anything, it's going to be a Terry situation for me in which I'll probably enjoy the stage far, far more.

Still, there's four more slots after and I won't be angry or anything, not that type of person.
And I am very, very confident of my personal prediction that we will get a character from Arc System Works/Falcom/Fate or Travis for one slot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we'll talking about the next potential smash reveal, I thought I'll join in.

Honestly, I do dislike Geno and I would be pretty disappointed if he's in.

But at most, I'll probably consider not buying his Challenger Pack and just wait until the character after him.

And since, we'll getting 4 more characters after him and they can be one of my most favourites, I can't complain too much.

Still, it would be nice to have the reveal soon regardless of who the character is.

D

Deleted member

I dunno why but I’ve somehow developed a very sensitive gag reflex. If I so much as wear a COAT that touches my neck I start involuntary gagging.

I hate this. :drsad:

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

So what is your avatar bet?

What will my avatar be if I am wrong about a direct happening today, or somewhere close to today?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Things are really looking like last time when Geno was "100%" going to be reveal in a full direct.

I'm already preparing myself for dissapointement & salt for later, because that's how the Geno Cycle goes sadly.

inb4 Sans Deltarune going to be reveal today for Smash.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it will be Geno, especially after what IntelliHeath said.
I think it will be Phoenix Wright!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Good day, my fine lads.

How are ye?
It's not "How are ye?" It's "What About Ye?" for maximum efficiency.
My favourite one I say is "I'm grand." when people are asking me how I'm feeling. Gets Americans laughing.

I'm about to go out and see if my library is open for sitting in, gonna get a coffee as well.

While I'm at Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 @Black Shiver Gavrail and whomever else tag me if there the Direct is there within the next two hours. I'll have the UK site bookmarked on my phone but just in case.

Nintendo Direct
That was devious, that was fricken devious.

You can tell this guy was born and bred on catching people out. We'll lose to him in a game of Simon Says.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Have y'all considered the possibility that he's simply pulling your legs? "Credible" leaker or otherwise, this could simply be a stunt to drum up more fake hype and speculation and because of the dry spell of Smash info, people will eat it up like starving dogs.

D

Deleted member

Have y'all considered the possibility that he's simply pulling your legs? "Credible" leaker or otherwise, this could simply be a stunt to drum up more fake hype and speculation and because of the dry spell of Smash info, people will eat it up like starving dogs.
out of all the people to bring this up... you were the last person I expected.

I dunnoo.. all the signs are pointing towards a direct. If it doesn't happen, it would break the pattern where we always get a spirit/tourney event EXCEPT on the week of a reveal. Gamexplain also made a intro just for the mario remasters and we all know how credible they are in terms of Nintendo stuff. If nothing happens today I will be baffled to say the least.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I made up my own Lost Tapes here.

Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Gator Man
View attachment 284311
Lost Tapes: "Gator Man"
Subject: Gator Man
Summery: A local journalist travels to the USA after hearing rumours of a creature at night stalking around New Jersey, what he doesn't know is that a scaly reptilian humanoid is hunting him down.
Heh, that's kinda that same premise I came up with for that cryptid too. Are we sure we're not long lost twins at this point? :p

Kaiju fanatics.
Our favorite characters are Nickelodeon characters (Daggett and Lincoln).
Our countries are literally brothers being under the same monarch.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Heh, that's kinda that same premise I came up with for that cryptid too. Are we sure we're not long lost twins at this point? :p

Kaiju fanatics.
Our favorite characters are Nickelodeon characters (Daggett and Lincoln).
Our countries are literally brothers being under the same monarch.
Yup, kinda.

Edit: "Our countries are literally brothers being under the same monarch." (You mean Australia.)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less than an hour and a half to go. Let's hope we get something. Gonna still keep expectations low to avoid disappointment.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I feel like if Geno does get in it will be another ridley situation where not many people actually play him or stick with him despite the weird obsession with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom