• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'll use today to catch up on my Switch backlog; I'm likely going to focus on River City Girls (since it turns out that the game's shorter than I expected) and Hollow Knight.

Though if I do play Hollow Knight, I'll have to look into tips for the early game and how to increase my health in that game, because right now, I'm having enough trouble with random enemies, let alone the bosses. (apparently, the energy ball is useful against the Moss Knight, but I can never remember how to use it)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So is Undertale just really popular in Japan?

Legit curious, because Toby Fox seems to be working with a lot of theae big devs in Japan.
Take it with a grain of salt because TV Tropes but:

While certainly not unpopular in the Western market, Undertale is very popular among Korean and Japanese gamers. The Korean translation of the demo, the only current official translation in a language other than English or Japanese, was made in response to fan request, with a fan translation of the full game in Korean coming out soon after its release. The fanbase in Japan is also quite large and probably more unified there, with some big names among the fans including Yoko Taro, Swery65, and Hato Moa. It also received detailed entries in Pixiv dictionary. This culminated in a much-requested Japanese localization announced in E3 2017. It is one of the few games of Western origin along with Crypt of the NecroDancer to have a crossover/collaboration event in Groove Coaster, a game made by a Japanese company. As a measure of Undertale's breakthrough popularity in Japan, it is worth mentioning that the game for a time actually managed to outsell the juggernaut Dragon Quest XI on the Japanese PSN. This would reach a higher peak when Sans was included in Nintendo’s Smash Bros as an alternative skin.
It seems so.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So is Undertale just really popular in Japan?

Legit curious, because Toby Fox seems to be working with a lot of theae big devs in Japan.
Yeah, it's so popular that it got a translation, which no other country have I think.

That, and Toby was able to meet Sakura & play in his house, so I think it speak for itself.

EDIT: :ultgreninja: 'ed I think.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Just been really down the past few weeks. I’m not doing very good in school due to online classes, I’m disappointing people due to my grades as well, and disappointing people is one of my worst fears.
Do you have a study plan? You gotta have a gameplan for studying so you can become a better student and then you won't disappoint people as much, logically.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just been really down the past few weeks. I’m not doing very good in school due to online classes, I’m disappointing people due to my grades as well, and disappointing people is one of my worst fears.
A few things I’ll try and suggest is look into how you could better schedule your study time and look up some tips on how you can improve your game plan. Maybe try and get in touch with those teachers and see if they can help you understand it better?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
How long ago did you begin implementing it?
Since the beginning of the school year.

A few things I’ll try and suggest is look into how you could better schedule your study time and look up some tips on how you can improve your game plan. Maybe try and get in touch with those teachers and see if they can help you understand it better?
Alrighty, will do. Thanks!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Since the beginning of the school year.

Alrighty, will do. Thanks!
So it's still very fresh. Make sure that you study EVERY SINGLE DAY and take time to learn what you need to know. If there are further issues, get a tutor for subjects that you're not a fan of. Either way, keep at it. There is potential for success; keep at it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So it's still very fresh. Make sure that you study EVERY SINGLE DAY and take time to learn what you need to know. If there are further issues, get a tutor for subjects that you're not a fan of. Either way, keep at it. There is potential for success; keep at it.
Will do. Thanks a bunch!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ahem, are we pass the point Nintendo would have revealed something important? Or there's still hope?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
If we get Dixie as a playable character (echo fighter pass please!) it would be amazing if, since they’re working with MS, they gave her back the Rare pin on her hat.
I’d love Dixie but I think they could get more creative than an echo with her, can’t she do stuff with her hair?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So came back from hospital.

Good news: They think it is still at the point where the tooth infection could still be killed by antibiotics, antiseptic mouthwash and painkillers. And I won't have to pay for dentist.

Bad news: No incision to get the stuff out and I'll need to phone the dentist, but that it needs to get worse. They are only open for emergencies.

And nothing from Nintendo? Such a tease.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’d love Dixie but I think they could get more creative than an echo with her, can’t she do stuff with her hair?
I am going to say it here, but we are not getting echo fighters this fighter pass.

Echos were a mainline game thing, and judging from the movesets of the DLC characters, they all have unique movesets.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only move she has with her hair is the hair helicopter. Which could easily replace diddy’s up b by copying DK’s copter the way Chrom has Ike’s up b. But beyond that, she doesn’t have anything else.

D

Deleted member

I'm confident they can make Dixie not an echo though, but honestly, I feel like she isn't likely.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm confident they can make Dixie not an echo though, but honestly, I feel like she isn't likely.
They could. But she has almost nothing unique to base her own moves on since she wasn’t in DK 64. And I don’t think she should be given the animal buddies because I can’t stand characters using hammerspace to summon other characters.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I posted this a while back as how I think Dixie could work off Diddy’s moves, still wondering if this be too many changes for Dixie to still be considered an echo

Aside from animation differences,
-Unique double jump that uses her ponytail.
-modified N-Special that uses her Bubblegum Popgun with smaller ammunition, less damage, travels farther and bounces off the ground.
-:ultdk: Up and Down specials performed with her ponytail.
-potentially inheriting :ultdiddy:custom back flip side special

Though my main investment in Dixie being playable is getting a Tropical Freeze stage (Homecoming Hijinks or bust) and more TF/DKC songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom