• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like expectations should be set to a minimum for now, to be frank.

Nintendo DID update their Direct Directory(Say that 5 times fast) just a couple hours ago

But at the same time, King Zell was only talking about the Mario HD collection in his post.

We'll know soon enough, if there's no announcement today, watch the 3rd and then go back to the usual if nothing's shown.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When I say “sports” which ones immediately come to your mind.
In the following order as sports appeared in my head:
Soccer, cricket, basketball, field hockey, ice hockey, baseball, kendo, fencing and then it's several sports popping into my head at once.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You didn't say football. I'm sure there's a good rea--

............................oh :yoshi:
I don't follow Aussie rules. To me football is rugby.

Which now that it's brought up, I'm surprised rugby didn't pop into my head.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@JDCabrera NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Well, it's a new day, and in all the times I checked, at least on FB, Ubisoft didn't address at any point that yesterday was Rayman's 25th Anniversary. Apparently the only thing that Ubi France posted was a link to a site called Ubisoft Nano where it promoted a Rabbids game of all things (xD That I played, and I had fun with it...OH THE BLASPHEMY! 😩), and I think only Ubisoft Spain on Instagram or Twitter did mention Rayman's 25th Anniversary but...just re-posting someone else's fanart, not doing their own thing for it. And also Announcing a new Ubisoft Forward event for the 10th, I am not expecting anything Rayman related for it. :) But I do hope there's something worthwhile for others.

While I didn't draw anything for the Anniversary, I did some written work for it, because I was actually busy with graphic design work. :3 I celebrate Ray and Shay almost daily so...missing one day is no biggy for me, not even if I end up not drawing anything for Shay's birthday either (or the day of his Saint Patron). I can do that any other day.

Shroob

Sup?
So I've been watching Vinny's streamcut of Origami King since I'm too poor to buy it for myself

And I love this game

.....except the battle system.

I'm sorry but 3 non-vulemental bosses in and this still just looks dreadful. I appreciate the idea behind making every fight a puzzle, but this just doesn't look fun to do for the whole game, especially generic enemies. Their patterns are usually really easy, but it seems to always devolve into:

Wave 1: Kill all
Wave 2: Kill all, but with Vulemental power.

I'd still absolutely buy the game if I could, but this battle system is baaaaaaaad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, yesterday was a **** day and this morning hasn't been anything better for me.

No matter how **** this day is, hopefully It ends fast.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I've been watching Vinny's streamcut of Origami King since I'm too poor to buy it for myself

And I love this game

.....except the battle system.

I'm sorry but 3 non-vulemental bosses in and this still just looks dreadful. I appreciate the idea behind making every fight a puzzle, but this just doesn't look fun to do for the whole game, especially generic enemies. Their patterns are usually really easy, but it seems to always devolve into:

Wave 1: Kill all
Wave 2: Kill all, but with Vulemental power.

I'd still absolutely buy the game if I could, but this battle system is baaaaaaaad.
I haven't seen much, but alot of reviews I seen say the battle system is fun for them.

Sooooo maybe it's more fun to play than to watch?

'just guessing here.

Shroob

Sup?
I haven't seen much, but alot of reviews I seen say the battle system is fun for them.

Sooooo maybe it's more fun to play than to watch?

'just guessing here.
It just seems... I dunno, repetitive? He also loved the game, but he admitted multiple times that outside the boss fights, he really didn't like the battle system, so I guess I'm hard agreeing with him. The bosses seem cool, but the generic mooks... not so much.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Morning.

Tooth pain hasn't increased which is good. Gonna be heading to the hospital once my dad wakes up. Probably won't be able to do anything but if they could at least direct me to any dental place that could do this that's good. Also put a change of clothes in case I need to stay overnight. Doubt it but you never know. I have my Switch so might play Mario Kart or something while waiting.

Also what's this about Nintendo what?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It just seems... I dunno, repetitive? He also loved the game, but he admitted multiple times that outside the boss fights, he really didn't like the battle system, so I guess I'm hard agreeing with him. The bosses seem cool, but the generic mooks... not so much.
'haven't watched Vinny videos on it or much gameplay like I said, so I can't tell how it is after awhile, but it's still weird that, if this is really that boring. The fact that some peoples still say they had fun with it & say it's good - if pretty different than before - make me think I should watch more videos on the battle system before I can give my opinion on it....after a nap that is, 'cuz i'm tired right now, haha.

Shroob

Sup?
Morning.

Tooth pain hasn't increased which is good. Gonna be heading to the hospital once my dad wakes up. Probably won't be able to do anything but if they could at least direct me to any dental place that could do this that's good. Also put a change of clothes in case I need to stay overnight. Doubt it but you never know.

Also what's this about Nintendo what?
tl;dr

King Zell, a ResetEra leaker, claims he's going into retirement, but in his farewell post, he was talking about the Mario HD collection that's been rumored to hell and back, and highlighted the number 3 for some reason.

Smash isn't getting any Spirit Event/Tournament this week, which only happens when a new character gets announced.

And a big nail in the coffin is one of the SourceGaming guys noticed that the Nintendo Direct Directory, the page where Nintendo hosts all their Directs to watch, was updated only a couple hours ago.

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone.

Seemed I miss an interesting conversation, and now I am trying to obtain an interesting weapon that can help me with pre-mech Duke Fishron in FTW Master Mode.

O_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
'haven't watched Vinny videos on it or much gameplay like I said, so I can't tell how it is after awhile, but it's still weird that, if this is really that boring. The fact that some peoples still say they had fun with it & say it's good - if pretty different than before - make me think I should watch more videos on the battle system before I can give my opinion on it....after a nap that is, 'cuz i'm tired right now, haha.
Oh, I think Origami King is a great game. The music is fantastic, the writing is both hilarious and emotional, and the graphics and locations are stunning.... but man, this fight system just ain't it.

I'm soo happy that Stickers/cards are gone, but this is just.... I don't like it. The boss fights are cool because they're less fight and more puzzle, but the random enemies just feel like chores, to the point that later on, the game feels like it realizes this and just, gives you ways to kill the 2nd wave of enemies instantly to get on with it.

D

Deleted member

Why is this thread more active than before? Was the conversation that interesting?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, I think Origami King is a great game. The music is fantastic, the writing is both hilarious and emotional, and the graphics and locations are stunning.... but man, this fight system just ain't it.

I'm soo happy that Stickers/cards are gone, but this is just.... I don't like it. The boss fights are cool because they're less fight and more puzzle, but the random enemies just feel like chores, to the point that later on, the game feels like it realizes this and just, gives you ways to kill the 2nd wave of enemies instantly to get on with it.
Oh yeah, I knew everything else was good, was just sayin' the battle system is what I know the least about, and the mixed opinions on it make me think I should inform myself later on to get a better opinion on the subject.

I'm tempted to say it's probably not my cup of tea....but then again, I liked SPM gameplay, and that game isn't that complex too, so who know.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I swear if they shadow drop a Direct while I'm at the hospital or out tomorrow.

1599045342956.png

I like my 10pm time so I don't avoid it like the normal Directs. Part of the reason why I had such a good streak of not missing them.

Shroob

Sup?
Still keeping expectations low.
So is everyone else, but this is the first time in awhile that it feels like something is actually ****ing coming and not just "A leaker said"

Between Smash not getting a Spirit/Tourney event, which have been historically tied to new reveals

The Direct Directory being updated by the Big N themselves

And hell,

We're getting a Smash Patch this month regardless due to Joker and Hero amiibo functionality

It feels like, yeah, keep your expectations low, but don't just give up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IT IS GOING TO BE PHOENIX WRIGHT THAT GETS REVEALED IN SMASH AS THE NEXT DLC CHARACTER, WATCH ME BE CORRECT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The issue is that the random mooks are puzzles but it's the same puzzle, meaning you'll already know the solution each time

Shroob

Sup?
The issue is that the random mooks are puzzles but it's the same puzzle, meaning you'll already know the solution each time
Pretty much.

It feels like the game realizes this too when you're given Vulemental **** later on to since they seem to work just like "Kill the wave and move on" moves.

D

Deleted member

I am in a riddle mood.

I have a riddle for everyone.

I can create worlds and potentially life, but I'm nothing but dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom