• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I could resume the games now if people were still up for it.

Having to lose power and lose the sim as a consequence kinda burnt me out when I was all geared up for it previously. Especially knowing some of the participants just had to start work shifts by now and won't be here to see any of it play out.

But, if the majoriy of people are still here and people want it, I could restart it now. Otherwise one more day to wait, I guess.
I say go ahead!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Having to lose power and lose the sim as a consequence kinda burnt me out when I was all geared up for it previously. Especially knowing some of the participants just had to start work shifts by now and won't be here to see any of it play out.

But, if the majoriy of people are still here and people want it, I could restart it now. Otherwise one more day to wait, I guess.
I'm still up for it, but don't make yourself do it if you don't want to right now. I can wait.

D

Deleted member

Where do you upload your images man? Since I can't do it.

I wanna put my banner thing I made in my signature.

And I do love your sig. I too support Scuba Boy and Sword Girl for Smash.
I literally just have my own imagedump server and upload it there lol.
It’s how I got my sig to work, what with all the images loading at once. It was a pain to make them all the same size though..

Last edited by a moderator:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

Do it if you feel like it.
Don’t if you don’t.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Where do you upload your images man? Since I can't do it.

I wanna put my banner thing I made in my signature.

And I do love your sig. I too support Scuba Boy and Sword Girl for Smash.

It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
Yeah it works.

It'll take a bit of practice. Mainly just creating a banner of game stuff I like.

Thanks dude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess I'm waiting.

I might possibly start it tonight instead of tomorrow, and if I do start it again tonight, it'll be around 6:00-7:00 PM PST, but that depends on when I eat dinner and I don't have a scheduled time for it yet tonight.
Awesome! I look forward to it, thank you for hosting! You are amazing! :3

A Smash roster based off our Hunger Games characters would be interesting.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I guess I'm waiting.

I might possibly start it tonight instead of tomorrow, and if I do start it again tonight, it'll be around 6:00-7:00 PM PST, but that depends on when I eat dinner and I don't have a scheduled time for it yet tonight.
Either works.
Don’t worry, I’m still excited for it and don’t care when it happens.
Although I’d like for it to happen while more people are here for it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Claude. Pretty sure every Three Houses fan can agree with that, I sure do admire the guy.
While Claude is the most immediately likeable and least offensive leader out of the four, I still gotta give my vote to Dimitri for his badass timeskip design and compelling (albeit a bit rushed) character arc. His voice actor also did a ****ing incredible job with the role.

D

Deleted member

Yeah it works.

It'll take a bit of practice. Mainly just creating a banner of game stuff I like.

Thanks dude.
As long as you don’t go overboard you should be fine. It just takes practice(and not rushing it) coming from someone skilled in this kinda stuff.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Something had me thinking. Why is animation often looked down upon as an art form in America? This whole "Cartoons are for kids" mentality is really counter productive. I wonder where it comes from and if the idea is dying out?

Dutch Raikuna

As long as you don’t go overboard you should be fine. It just takes practice(and not rushing it) coming from someone skilled in this kinda stuff.
It's cool dude. Plus I've got experience in that stuff as well. Want to be known for a game photographer as well as a creative writer here.

Speaking of the former, I'll tag a few of you guys who haven't read my story synopsis including yourself. The others like Wade and Derping Pikachu have read it. Mainly my non-Discord friends.

If yous are interested.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Freedom Planet is where it's at!
Oh yeah, Freedom Planet is pretty good **** from what I've played of it. Great level design, a kicking soundtrack, and oodles of charm.

I really need to sit down and finish it soon.

But what if Phoenix Wright is a Phantom Thief?
Nick still wouldn't have anything on my boy's swag, sorry.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just finished another quick drawing yesterday too. But I haven't decided what to do after that just yet. I haven't opened my commissions yet. I might do it through Ko-Fi. So I'm mostly doing a lot of practice by just drawing what I like.

And the only one that debuted in Dragon Ball
Depends. There's Pikkon and DB Chi-Chi at least for non-Saiyan good guys. Mr. Hercule Satan, and Jaco could be joke characters. Tapion's also kind of a pull, but not impossible.

I'm juuuuuuust a little curious if they'll throw in Moro towards the end. Probably not, be he's been kind of cool so far.

Dutch Raikuna

Liking how It is turning out so far!!!

Also really tempted to share something with a few of you through PMs on the topic of personal Projects.
More than happy to hear on it. You've been pretty supportive of mine and Wade's projects so I'll love to hear if you're working on anything.

I'm gonna tag some of you guys here later who haven't read my story synopsis and leads. It's what I'm sharing to everyone here and IRL now to explain it.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna tag some of you guys here later who haven't read my story synopsis and leads. It's what I'm sharing to everyone here and IRL now to explain it.
I have a couple of rough draft story concepts too.. but as is I feel I need to iron out a few things before I can share them. I’m also hoping I can motivate myself into concept arting a certain premise I have in mind... although knowing me.... It’ll either come out like crap or I’ll just forget about it entirely. The pains of not knowing how to draw is real.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Something had me thinking. Why is animation often looked down upon as an art form in America? This whole "Cartoons are for kids" mentality is really counter productive. I wonder where it comes from and if the idea is dying out?
I think it has to do with most mainstream animation being kid-friendly, and that there's this cultural belief many people have that "kid-friendly" means "exclusively for kids". It comes down to people thinking kids are dumb, and that they shouldn't like things that "dumb kids" like because they're better then that. Basically, it's snobbery.

I don't know if the idea is really dying out that quickly but anime becoming more and more mainstream is probably helping.

D

Deleted member

You know what? I just had a pretty cool idea.
I can’t do it right now because I’m on my phone and I don’t have my laptop but tommorow? I’m gonna draw a template and do some graphic design magic for my idea.

Dutch Raikuna

I think it has to do with most mainstream animation being kid-friendly, and that there's this cultural belief many people have that "kid-friendly" means "exclusively for kids". It comes down to people thinking kids are dumb, and that they shouldn't like things that "dumb kids" like because they're better then that. Basically, it's snobbery.

I don't know if the idea is really dying out that quickly but anime becoming more and more mainstream is probably helping.
I mean why yes, let's have a 10 year old watch South Park or Rick and Morty. I mean it's kids right? Animation is for kids only right, despite the themes of it? Bunch of knobs who say that. It's for all ages.

Anime is helping in that case to prevent it which is great. Hell, part of the reason why I got into the medium was to actively look for anime that proves that opinion wrong, mainly to my brother.

Parasyte - Which is sure as gory with some scenes I have looked at. Like the legendary parasite head thing eats head scene

Kino's Journey - I don't think most of those short stories in the anime would be easy for a kid to comprehend, probably struggle to understand what is going on. Hell the manga is 16+ because of it.

Reminds me of the time one of my bio parents mocked me because I bought a 3+ game. It was Captain Toad.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I'm peeved off. While leaning a glass it broke and I cut myself. It required stitches so I had to go to the hospital. Had to get five stitches. Joy...First my face from last year and now my hand. What's next? My foot next year? -_-

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I mean why yes, let's have a 10 year old watch South Park or Rick and Morty. I mean it's kids right? Animation is for kids only right, despite the themes of it? Bunch of knobs who say that. It's for all ages.

Anime is helping in that case to prevent it which is great. Hell, part of the reason why I got into the medium was to actively look for anime that proves that opinion wrong, mainly to my brother.

Parasyte - Which is sure as gory with some scenes I have looked at. Like the legendary parasite head thing eats head scene

Kino's Journey - I don't think most of those short stories in the anime would be easy for a kid to comprehend, probably struggle to understand what is going on. Hell the manga is 16+ because of it.

Reminds me of the time one of my bio parents mocked me because I bought a 3+ game. It was Captain Toad.
My parents like anime so no one in my family thinks its childish. I was surprised to see my sister watching Bleach.

D

Deleted member

My parents like anime so no one in my family thinks its childish. I was surprised to see my sister watching Bleach.
My parents were initially skeptical when 10 year old me starting watched dubbed One Piece in our living room(also to the dismay of my siblings who were still in the “swears very bad” phase) but they don’t care anymore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom