• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Never would've thought there would be this much merchandise for an anime centered around mentally-unstable teens and religious imagery.​

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Never would've thought there would be this much merchandise for an anime centered around mentally-unstable teens and religious imagery.
I mean you can do the same with any large franchise in Japan. One Piece, Dragon Ball, and JoJo are like the three easiest examples because they're both massive and old as **** so merchandise for anything is probably out for you to live off of.

I want the Moody Blues alarm clock, honestly.

1594755180196.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I want a portable street fighter, what’s my best option?
I'm pretty sure they have a few of the games on 3DS. If you're using a Switch Lite, just get USF2 if you want old school I guess. Or the SF Collection.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean you can do the same with any large franchise in Japan. One Piece, Dragon Ball, and JoJo are like the three easiest examples because they're both massive and old as **** so merchandise for anything is probably out for you to live off of.

I want the Moody Blues alarm clock, honestly.

View attachment 278412
Looks like a pimp statue.

Never would've thought there would be this much merchandise for an anime centered around mentally-unstable teens and religious imagery.​
Thats depressing.
I own an anime poster, maybe some stuff and joke about waifus and best characters.

Thats way too much to the point of insane.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Am I the only one who would think Chell last when it comes to Valve? Like, she's at the very bottom of the all-star cast in recognizability. Glados is easily Top 3, and the dude from the sequel whos name I can't remember is probably up there, but she's always dead last for me.

I really don't understand where the hype for her comes from. :073: And then people say Team Fortress 2 is unlikely despite it being alive for over 13 years. Like damn, what kind of parallel universe did I step into?
Team Fortress 2 is unlikely just because of the game itself imo. Most people would agree Tracer is unlikely, and Heavy or Spy would just be from an Overwatch-ish game but with gore.
And Chell isn’t hyped, I just said Chell because Glados wouldn’t exactly work as a character.
And when you say the ‘dude from the sequel’ do you mean Ratman? Or the guy in the painting who’s name I can’t remember? Either way, neither are nearly as recognizable as Chell. Yes, Glados definitely is more recognizable. You could even argue the Companion Cube or the Turret is more recognizable than Chell. But that doesn’t matter. Chell is the most popular character who could actually work in smash.
And i’m not even gonna discuss Ratman. You wouldn’t even know his name unless you understood all of the lore of Portal 2. He is not more recognizable and I would be surprised if he even got a Mii costume.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Team Fortress 2 is unlikely just because of the game itself imo. Most people would agree Tracer is unlikely, and Heavy or Spy would just be from an Overwatch-ish game but with gore.
Let me guess, you think Doomguy doesn't have a chance either? :p

And when you say the ‘dude from the sequel’ do you mean Ratman? Or the guy in the painting who’s name I can’t remember?
1594756628252.png

The literal villain for the sequel. His name is Wheatley.

But that doesn’t matter. Chell is the most popular character who could actually work in smash.
For Portal, yeah, but in general? I find that debatable.

And i’m not even gonna discuss Ratman. You wouldn’t even know his name unless you understood all of the lore of Portal 2. He is not more recognizable and I would be surprised if he even got a Mii costume.
I forgot about Ratman until you somehow came to the conclusion that I was talking about him lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The state of the world has become depressing for me.

I miss when I was unaware enough to not realize just how many bad people and creeps were out there.

Kind of a random post from me, I know, but it's getting to that point for me. It's tiring. And it's damaging my own motivation to become a better person myself and actively spend time pursuing my goals.

I wouldn't say I'm actually depressed but God is the all of the bad **** in the world draining on me. And the ongoing pandemic isn't helping at all.

Just a vent out of frustration and exhaustion. I wanted to get some of this off my chest, and sometimes even just talking about it helps.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Let me guess, you think Doomguy doesn't have a chance either? :p
Nah. I didn’t mean the gore was why a TF2 character wasn’t likely. I was just using the gore as an example of the attitude of the game. The attitude of the game is why I don’t think it could make it into smash. Doomguy has a decent chance.
View attachment 278414

The literal villain for the sequel. His name is Wheatley.
My bad. When you said ‘guy’ I immediately assumed ‘human guy’. Lmao, again, my bad.
For Portal, yeah, but in general? I find that debatable.
Well yeah, in Valve characters? The first things that come to mind are Half Life, Portal, and TF2. I already discussed why I don’t think TF2 has too much of a chance, leaving the other two series. There’s literally no point in discussing which characters it would be for each. Chell for Portal, Gordon for Half Life. And even if TF2 did have a chance, the character would most likely be Heavy. So if we’re looking at this as if it’s icon status? Imo it definitely goes
1. Gordon Freeman
2. Chell
3. Heavy
They’re all iconic, but obviously on different levels. And if you’ve played portal, you know who chell is. That’s just how it is. So she may not be unique and recognizable, but she is memorable. If that makes sense? lol
I forgot about Ratman until you somehow came to the conclusion that I was talking about him lol
Like I said, my bad. I was really confused as to why you would think Ratman or the founder guy of Aperture Labs would have a better chance than Chell. But on that note, I still don’t think Wheatley would work either. In the game, he has three main types of whatever. One is when he’s on the rail and can only move where the rail will take him. Obviously won’t work for Smash. Another is when he is detached and can’t move on his own, and Chell needs to carry him. And the last one is when he takes Glados’ place, where he wouldn’t be able to make it for the same reasons as Glados couldn’t.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nah. I didn’t mean the gore was why a TF2 character wasn’t likely. I was just using the gore as an example of the attitude of the game. The attitude of the game is why I don’t think it could make it into smash. Doomguy has a decent chance.
:snake: There are obviously workarounds that can be made. It isn't the first time, and it likely won't be the last. :4bayonetta2:

And even if TF2 did have a chance, the character would most likely be Heavy.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Heavy is probably the biggest character from that series. He has a recognizable figure, accent, and weapon choice. I'd have no objections in bringing the Heavy into the game.

And if you’ve played portal, you know who chell is. That’s just how it is. So she may not be unique and recognizable, but she is memorable. If that makes sense? lol
I guess so, I just personally find Chell to be at the bottom of the bin when it comes to recognizability. I don't even remember if they namedrop her in any of the games, just that her name was Chell. I think Gordon does a better job of maintaining an icon status and memorable design, despite being in first-person perspective in all of his appearances.

Though we can always agree to disagree. :upsidedown:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The state of the world has become depressing for me.

I miss when I was unaware enough to not realize just how many bad people and creeps were out there.

Kind of a random post from me, I know, but it's getting to that point for me. It's tiring. And it's damaging my own motivation to become a better person myself and actively spend time pursuing my goals.

I wouldn't say I'm actually depressed but God is the all of the bad **** in the world draining on me. And the ongoing pandemic isn't helping at all.

Just a vent out of frustration and exhaustion. I wanted to get some of this off my chest, and sometimes even just talking about it helps.
Taking a few days to step back from everything and relax might be good for you. You’ll burn out if you spend all your time looking at negative things. Knowing that gave me the motivation to delete social media.

If I can offer any sort of reassurance, it’s that the Smash community is a safer place now, and that no bad thing will last forever, pandemics or otherwise. And once it goes, you’ll still be here, with a life to be who you want to be.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
:snake: There are obviously workarounds that can be made. It isn't the first time, and it likely won't be the last. :4bayonetta2:
Fair enough.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Heavy is probably the biggest character from that series. He has a recognizable figure, accent, and weapon choice. I'd have no objections in bringing the Heavy into the game.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to seem like it was a bad thing. I just started off the sentence and forgot to change it when I had finally decided what I was gonna write. I mean, I’d prefer somebody like Spy or Engineer, but I’d be absolutely fine with Heavy. He’d be unique and fun in his own way.
I guess so, I just personally find Chell to be at the bottom of the bin when it comes to recognizability. I don't even remember if they namedrop her in any of the games, just that her name was Chell. I think Gordon does a better job of maintaining an icon status and memorable design, despite being in first-person perspective in all of his appearances.
You are right-ish about the name drop thing. There is a cut line where Glados calls her by name, but we won’t count that. So technically the only way we know her name is the comic, or if you’re playing the games alone, you can find the science project she made with her name signed. Although you wouldn’t know that’s her name if you haven’t read the comic. So fair enough. And like I had said before, I completely agree with the idea that Gordon is a better icon than Chell. I just felt that Chell still beats Heavy (or any other TF2 character) as an icon.
Anyways, this debate only really started because you thought that Chell wasn’t a great icon. And I can understand where you’re coming from. But Portal is a big series, and like said before, Chell is the only character from it that could fit into smash.
Though we can always agree to disagree. :upsidedown:
Yeah, let’s do that.

You’ve got to admit, though: whether it’s Gordon or Chell (if a valve character gets in,) they both would be super fun to play as.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I think about it regarding my Courage the Cowardly Dog/My Hero Academia crossover. I think this would be more fitting for the premise.

Same as the one I gave out with Bakugou coming over to Nowhere, Kansas to visit his maternal grandparents Eustace and Muriel and given his serious anger issues leads to Courage freaking out and becoming extremely paranoid that he's going to murder them. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My grandparents just gave me $220 for helping them move O_O I was expecting like 50 not TWO HUNDRED TWENTY DOLLARS. I could essentially build any deck I want at this point! (Except Shadow Paladin because of course the entire engine is RRR)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 We got a sketch down for the next character. I heard the spiders in Australia where wild but this is something else.
View attachment 278405
This guy is actually the only character who has a voice actor as of now, as I need his voice a little earlier than the others. He's going to be voiced by Tarrelion, an actor I met back in 2018 who has since helped me out on my channel by voicing Pietro for an Animal Crossing dub and a nerdy kid for another comic dub. Tarrelion is also Australian, so that works out rather well!
With any other spider I’d be like...

But this ones looking cute so far! Can’t wait to see him finished!

D

Deleted member

WTFRICK
my parents would’ve given me $20 or smth
what are you planning on spending it on?
not entirely sure yet tbh. on one hand, I could upgrade my current decks....BUT on the other hand I could build decks that had cards that were too expenive.....descions decisions....

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
not entirely sure yet tbh. on one hand, I could upgrade my current decks....BUT on the other hand I could build decks that had cards that were too expenive.....descions decisions....
I have no idea what that is but you seem to be having fun with it so that’s great.
Which also means I don’t have any advice for you. Sorry.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Birds aren’t real. They are government spy drones. That's why they sit on wires of telephone poles to recharge themselves.

Edit: Same with giraffes as well.
I don't know about you, but I've never seen a giraffe sitting on a telephone wire.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That LEGO NES looks pretty neat. It’s a bit pricey but I think considering the piece amount, and interactive capabilities, it’s kind of worth it. I’ll have to try and get it sometime.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"STUPID DOG! I'M GONNA MURDER YOUR ASS! GET OVER HERE!!!!" - Bakugou

"AAAAAHHHHH" - Courage

*Bakugou proceeds to chase after Courage setting off multiple explosions with his quirk*

"Yep that's my grandson all right. Go get that stupid dog my boy. Wua ha ha!" - Eustace

-

Sorry couldn't resist the idea of this. :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"STUPID DOG! I'M GONNA MURDER YOUR ASS! GET OVER HERE!!!!" - Bakugou

"AAAAAHHHHH" - Courage

*Bakugou proceeds to chase after Courage setting off multiple explosions with his quirk*

"Yep that's my grandson all right. Go get that stupid dog my boy. Wua ha ha!" - Eustace

-

Sorry couldn't resist the idea of this. :laugh:
The **** did I just read. Is this a MHA and Courage crossover?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I'm just about as lost as you honestly. It's like the weird side of fanfiction.net delivered right to us.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah I'm just about as lost as you honestly. It's like the weird side of fanfiction.net delivered right to us.
Yeah its a wacky crossover idea I came up with since yesterday.

Had you ever wondered where Bakugou got his anger issues? Well runs in the family apparently being his mother is the daughter of Eustace and Muriel. :p

Ma>Eustace>Mitsuki>Bakugou

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished reading the Splatoon: Squid Kids Comedy Show volume 1 manga. It's a Yonkoma manga like the ARMS Sugo Ude Gag Fight! manga (except this one is in English).

Silly but enjoyable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Had you ever wondered where Bakugou got his anger issues? Well runs in the family apparently being his mother is the daughter of Eustace. :p
Yeah I got no comment. I'm just stunned. Not disgusted, but not really blown away by any amounts of genius here either.

I just don't know what made you come to this idea in the first place.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah I got no comment. I'm just stunned. Not disgusted, but not really blown away by any amounts of genius here either.

I just don't know what made you come to this idea in the first place.
Again I just thought it'd make for a fun wacky idea of a crossover.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

My bad. When you said ‘guy’ I immediately assumed ‘human guy’. Lmao, again, my bad.

Well yeah, in Valve characters? The first things that come to mind are Half Life, Portal, and TF2. I already discussed why I don’t think TF2 has too much of a chance, leaving the other two series. There’s literally no point in discussing which characters it would be for each. Chell for Portal, Gordon for Half Life. And even if TF2 did have a chance, the character would most likely be Heavy. So if we’re looking at this as if it’s icon status? Imo it definitely goes
1. Gordon Freeman
2. Chell
3. Heavy
They’re all iconic, but obviously on different levels. And if you’ve played portal, you know who chell is. That’s just how it is. So she may not be unique and recognizable, but she is memorable. If that makes sense? lol

Like I said, my bad. I was really confused as to why you would think Ratman or the founder guy of Aperture Labs would have a better chance than Chell. But on that note, I still don’t think Wheatley would work either. In the game, he has three main types of whatever. One is when he’s on the rail and can only move where the rail will take him. Obviously won’t work for Smash. Another is when he is detached and can’t move on his own, and Chell needs to carry him. And the last one is when he takes Glados’ place, where he wouldn’t be able to make it for the same reasons as Glados couldn’t.
Yeah. I think that if we get a Valve character, it would be Chell.

If only because I want GLaDOS as an alternate announcer.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. So we’ve already had the 30th anniversary for Street Fighter as a whole, but next year is the 30th anniversary for Street Fighter 2 specifically. So how about we get a sequel to the 30th anniversary collection with Ultra Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter x Tekken? MAYBE SFV if Capcom can work their way out of the exclusivity contract. Maybe include some of the other smaller titles like the movie game or the EX trilogy.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also would explain how Courage is sapient and can shapeshift.

He's one of the few ultra rare animals with quirks. :p

Ending would be by the end of the week Bakugou begrudgingly shows some respect to Courage after he helps him stop the insanity of the week in Nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom