• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :3 Hey there, NSG! Did you see the Ubisoft Forward event? (xD I didn't because I woke up late). But goddamn, it seems like both good and bad things happened there. I have been seeing the news surrounding the company lately and well, all I can say is....yikes. As for them games presented, I saw today in the morning some opinions given by Yong Yea (the guy I check for videogame news) and...I can already say I will pass this game (Valhalla) just like the most recent ones prior. :'3 Nothing still can take me away from Rogue or Shay at the moment. Some might call me antiquate, but for me it's old but gold.

XD Speaking of Shay, I don't know at what moment this happened, because it took me a while to realize something was off with my shelf when I looked form afar, and I saw that one of the figures had fallen over and it looked like this:
View attachment 278297
x'D Honestly, for me it looks as if he wanted to take a closer look to the Seal I put in the treasure chest.
He just wanted to make sure the Water Pupper was doing ok.

but yeah so far with Valhalla I haven’t been impressed but I didn’t really enjoy Origins or Odyssey that much so I suppose that’s expected.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I went to see my relatives today. And it started raining so I could have my relax read. Now bored but hey, I saw goats.

Make of this what you will
Please don't be revealed tomorrow or Wednesday. I don't want to end up swearing from reaction in front of family. Wouldn't be the first time.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Just want to say right now...

I think I'm avidly into One Piece and Hunter X Hunter now.

Yep, that's all I got.
One Piece is my favorite anime, and I've been reading the current arc in the manga as well. Nice that you're getting into it.

I'm planning to watch HXH eventually. I keep hearing good things about it, plus I liked YYH from the same creator.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
He just wanted to make sure the Water Pupper was doing ok.
:happysheep: Yis. <3 Definitely!

but yeah so far with Valhalla I haven’t been impressed but I didn’t really enjoy Origins or Odyssey that much so I suppose that’s expected.
Honestly, the last one I KINDA played for a short while was Syndicate and I think that's where it began to be rather frustrating....because of having to learn skills that in previous games you could do them right from the get go, with the hidden blades for example...and then that even if you performed them, they couldn't kill even the most basic of enemies because "you were under leveled". I swear I was getting madder by the second I was playing, as much as I kinda enjoyed Evie (just because she wasn't Jacob and didn't complain all the time). I know that this sort of thing is present in SoW, but I can give it a pass (at least the story got me to look back into LOTR), unlike AC, because it began so much simpler and now it doesn't feel like what it used to be.

The other two, Origins and Odyssey...I just saw reviews and they were less than promising.

First impressions are rather important for me so, while Valhalla's CG trailer was impressive as any other AC trailer has been when it comes to how gorgeous and smooth it looks, it didn't really left me...intrigued (at times I didn't know what to pay to anymore while watching it), unlike how Shay's way simpler one that just had him slowly walking into the darkness as he spoke rather somberly and ended up in a frozen landscape and shot an Assassin with his (in that instance fire) rifle.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So... apparently the European PlayStation store actually had the contents of SFV in its description for a while. Clerical error I guess.
The characters coming are Makoto, Crimson Viper, Fei Long, Oro, and Maki Genryusai.

Not very many WOAH characters, and I think it’s telling that a majority of them were also in SFIV. Hopefully my bonus sixth character theory is true.
I stopped playing SFV a long time ago so I don't have much of a reason to go back, but damn I might be tempted to play it again if that last character actually happens.

Just want to say right now...

I think I'm avidly into One Piece and Hunter X Hunter now.

Yep, that's all I got.
Nice! I'm watching it myself and I'm loving it so far (I just started the Water 7 arc). How far are you?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently, my province is going onto Stage 3 of re-opening on Friday with the exception of Toronto. I honestly think its kinda too soon to do that if you ask me.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace

Honestly, the last one I KINDA played for a short while was Syndicate and I think that's where it began to be rather frustrating....because of having to learn skills that in previous games you could do them right from the get go, with the hidden blades for example...and then that even if you performed them, they couldn't kill even the most basic of enemies because "you were under leveled". I swear I was getting madder by the second I was playing, as much as I kinda enjoyed Evie (just because she wasn't Jacob and didn't complain all the time). I know that this sort of thing is present in SoW, but I can give it a pass (at least the story got me to look back into LOTR), unlike AC, because it began so much simpler and now it doesn't feel like what it used to be.

The other two, Origins and Odyssey...I just saw reviews and they were less than promising.

First impressions are rather important for me so, while Valhalla's CG trailer was impressive as any other AC trailer has been when it comes to how gorgeous and smooth it looks, it didn't really left me...intrigued (at times I didn't know what to pay to anymore while watching it), unlike how Shay's way simpler one that just had him slowly walking into the darkness as he spoke rather somberly and ended up in a frozen landscape and shot an Assassin with his (in that instance fire) rifle.
Origins and Odyssey were great if you wanted to do everything. If you wanted to power through the main quest they gave you a bad time.

D

Deleted member

Why am I not getting alerts for this thread? But I do for others I barely even visit.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
So Ninty are turning the Smash invite gimmick into a real thing? If it's true, That's cool, but I would really be interested if they decided to take the Everyone is Here banner gimmick and make that a poster. I know everyone on here, and countless others, would buy it in a nanosecond.

D

Deleted member

Grandparents finished moving house so now they’re permanently going to live in the house they bought in KY.

Gotta say the nostalgia was real at the end... but at the end of the day... the past is the past. It’s time to take the first step into our bright future. too cringe..?

And I kinda want to watch anime right now but don't know what.
Thinking of something short but don't know what.
A bit on the nose tbh and I hate even typing this because of.... my bad reputation in the past but I feel you should give the Vanguard anime a try.
The original series sub is lost to time mostly except for the JP channel posting raw footage(but it’s easily the best)

If you can tolerate okay animation G series is very dark(main villian wants a utopia and has his servents do some super ****ed up **** in the name of “a perfect future” I’m talking “uses his kid as another body” kind of ****)and actually gets pretty interesting towards the end(Although same as the original the first season sub is only on the JP channel with no Eng Subs)

With the exception of the Shin arc V series is bad. Don’t watch it.

Lastly you have Vanguard If which honestly I can’t even describe it. It’s basically the animators and script writings taking the piss out of themselves crack-style(even going so far as to make an official cover of their own song just for the memes and make countless jokes about how stupid it is that most feuds are resolved by childrens card game in their world) and it doesn’t even feel like a card game anime save for the obvious tie in. If seems like the most up your alley tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Daily reminder that Shaggy dated Velma, then found out she wasn’t straight (was implied) and then went and dated her younger sister instead

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

2022 will mark Assassin’s Creed’s 15th anniversary and there were rumors that they were doing a remake of AC1 for that so IF that happens I KNOW that will catch my attention but right now the new Assassin’s Creed Games isn’t the Assassin’s Creed I fell in love with. Syndicate was the last one that felt close but especially since Unity I feel like the games have just been moving too far away from the reason I fell in love with them.

AndreaAC

2022 will mark Assassin’s Creed’s 15th anniversary and there were rumors that they were doing a remake of AC1 for that so IF that happens I KNOW that will catch my attention
:O Oh, really? :D That would be amazing! :3 And yeah. there's no denying that it would get you immedately! :happysheep:

but right now the new Assassin’s Creed Games isn’t the Assassin’s Creed I fell in love with. Syndicate was the last one that felt close but especially since Unity I feel like the games have just been moving too far away from the reason I fell in love with them.
:/ Yeah, I can totally see what you mean, and I mean, I haven't played as long as you or other friends of mine have (Again, I began with Rogue, and that came out 5 years ago), but I have to say, from what I could play, I did enjoy doing a lot of things there, and the VERY first time I managed to finish a mission without getting detected made me feel rather thrilled. I know people complain that "Despite having the premise of playing as a Templar, you still play as an Assassin", but since it was my very first experience with the franchise, it was the best way I could have started.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They are making a nendoroid figure of the dude from Detroit become human.
nendoroid-no-1402-detroit-become-human-connor-633735.5.jpg

Such a random western character to pick for this chibi line.

AndreaAC

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD Sorry if I tag too much, but I had to show you this:

12.png

x'D Remember when I said nothing could take away the love I have for Shay and his title? When I read "...And much for your NEW FAVORITE GAME are waiting for you." I swear, I snorted.
129.png

I will give credit where credit is due though, this Creative Reference containing what I assume are the models of both male and female Eivor for the renders, since they look of really high quality, similar to the ones I adore of Shay for the cover art done by Maximilien Albert, are really well put together references. Makes me wish all the protagonists had something like this back in the day. I actually wanted to draw Eivor one day to make fanart for a channel I watch called Shadiversity, that reviewed Valhalla's trailer and was pretty funny. If the horrendous amount of detail and stuff didn't make me feel queasy...I would have started by now. But nope, too much, and people say drawing Shay's Templar outfit is hard...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Velma has a younger sister?!
The most shocking part of this.
I don't have any Nendoroids, but if I had the money, there's at least a couple I'd be interested in.
I wish I had a stable job so I could afford to go back and track down the out of print Nendoroids, like wind waker zelda, the Sakura wars ones, the Persona ones, the valkiria chronicles one and Megaman.

D

Deleted member

This madman spent over a year just farming potatos on the most popular minecraft server in the race to beat his rival, a literal 16(17?) year old kid doing the exact same thing.
Either they’re both clinically insane or they have no life. Your choice.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A post a few days back go me really interested in the idea of Brawl modding, and I tried to install Project M on Dolphin. I have a ROM of Brawl on my computer (100% legally, of course...) and I have the boot-up menu of Project M working, but whenever I try to go further with it, it crashes. Does anyone have some advice on how to get it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom