• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Universal Studios Florida also opened early last month. It's just as much a Florida problem as a Disney problem - they need to put their foot down and stop the spike. It's the only way to make all these big businesses cooperate and slow the spread.

Disneyland down here also wanted to open on the 17th this month, but California wouldn't let them yet. Though to be fair, they said they're going to reveal their themepark reopening guidelines at a later date.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Universal Studios Florida also opened early last month. It's just as much a Florida problem as a Disney problem - they need to put their foot down and stop the spike. It's the only way to make all these big businesses cooperate and slow the spread.
Don't hold your breath. Florida is one of the U.S.'s biggest tourist attractions and the gov (both statewide and and nationwide) wants the money, plus the governer is an idiot.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hey y'all have ya all doing?
Been doing the usual, drawing and watching Disney+ shows just to relax myself.

Anyways, I'm disappointed that Marvel Studios and Warner Bros. will not have much presence at Comic-con @ Home even this month which I do understand their reasons considering that the pandemic had affected a lot of film productions and I'm always happy to be patient for any new information on the upcoming films. Meaning that it is unlikely that they have anything new to share at this time.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Assassin's Creed Valhalla looked really cool, Watch Dogs Legion also looked cool and despite no gameplay, the trailer for Far Cry 6 was really well done and tension fueled.

That's it, though....and Beyond Good & Evil remains a great mystery...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Picked up Smash online again after never using it in literal months.

I keep forgetting how Ryu's true Shoryuken beats counters. Or anything at all. :secretkpop:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am'a bored so sharing a story that would had been among many of my small follow-up story ideas to my unmade Smash x Jump crossover.

Donkey Kong and My Hero Academia.

Premise: Unable to move on being spiteful, angered, and humiliated by Izuku following the events of the phenomenon that merged the Nintendo and Jump multiverses despite his minions insisting on him to just let it go. King K. Rool finds a way into Izuku's universe inventing a portal machine through harnessing leftover energy from the merge. Finding out who his closest one is, he and his minions kidnap his mother Inko. When Izuku finds out, he has to travel to Donkey Kong's universe to save her (King K. Rool intends to feed her to his klaptraps) which will not be an easy task as the cruel Kremling King has laid various traps and obstacles in his way with Bakugou, Ochako Todoroki and Iida joining him to save his mother all while running into Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong who remembering Izuku joins him on his quest as well given their nemesis is involved.

For those who wouldn't get this. One of my ideas of my unmade concept was Izuku (While teaming up with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong) making enemies with King K. Rool after he defeated him in a fight and kept trying to get revenge on him while putting on his personas in each encounter (Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein) only to also fail those two other times. This version of King K. Rool easily holds a grudge and isn't willing to let go of things. He also speaks with a British accent.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I found out that I'll have to be going back to work in-person this week for one of my jobs, as opposed to teaching online. I'm a bit nervous about it, since I've been teaching online for the past four months, and I'm not used to the cleaning procedures that are going to be involved (I'm going to have to disinfect desks, pencils, etc., and I'll have to figure out how to teach a lesson without bringing in my own papers).

I'm sure it will be easy enough once I get used to it, and the timing should work out so that I won't have to give up on any of the shifts that I currently have, but I liked the fact that none of my money had to go towards gas. (I normally have to drive half an hour each way when it comes to work)

D

Deleted member

Lamperouge Lamperouge can I just say your avatar pic gives me strong Nightrose vibes(betting that's a coincidence though)

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My reviews on some cartoons and movies that I watched recently:

Three years ago, the classic 1968 Hanna-Barbera racing show where it featured the "world's wackiest racers" had been rebooted on to Boomerang. Now, the last time I saw Wacky Races was back in my childhood where I always anticipate who wins at the end of each episode as my fave racers were the Ant-Hill Mob and the Slag Brothers. After watching most of the Season 1 and 2 episodes, if anyone thinks that the reboot consist of what the original had, you will be left disappointed as it mainly conists a lot of character focus within uneccessary side episodes which could've worked better if it were placed in a spin-off show like Dastardly & Muttley in their Flying Machines and the Perils of Penelope Pitstop instead of the racing which is what made Wacky Races so memorable.

Overall Rating: 4/10 - Not much wacky. Not much racing.

This Disney animated theatre came out back in 2007. Starring Jordan Fry who is well known for his role in Tim Burton's Charlie & the Chocolate Factory voiced a young orphan named Lewis/Cornelius. Overall, the film which sees Lewis unravel more about his future self in a fun story plot and there are moments that can be used as a form of inspiration such as the whole "keep moving forward" slogan which is a quote that Walt Disney himself at the end of the film. If there is anything I would like to critic about is perhaps they could've gave more screen-time to the other Robinsons family.

An interesting fact that I learned is that there was a planned sequel of the film which would've been called Meet the Robinsons 2: First Date which I would've assumed it follows the story of Lewis and Franny who became his future wife if the former creative officer of Disney Animation John Lasseter did not cancel it.

Overall Rating: 8/10 - A fun story to an underated Disney animated film.

Hercules is one of the Disney animated films that I have yet to see from the past and now with Disney+, I can finally watch Hercules. Overall, I can see why this film was very well praised by fans. Not only that I enjoy the voice performances by the cast and the story, I also liked the musical scores from "Go the Distance" to "I won't say."

Since there is a live-action version headed by the Russo Brothers (known for directing Avengers: Endgame) and written by Dave Callaham (Wonder Woman 1984), it will be interesting to see how it holds up.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10 - Considering that this is the first time I watched Hercules, I really enjoyed it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My reviews on some cartoons and movies that I watched recently:

Three years ago, the classic 1968 Hanna-Barbera racing show where it featured the "world's wackiest racers" had been rebooted on to Boomerang. Now, the last time I saw Wacky Races was back in my childhood where I always anticipate who wins at the end of each episode as my fave racers were the Ant-Hill Mob and the Slag Brothers. After watching most of the Season 1 and 2 episodes, if anyone thinks that the reboot consist of what the original had, you will be left disappointed as it mainly conists a lot of character focus within uneccessary side episodes which could've worked better if it were placed in a spin-off show like Dastardly & Muttley in their Flying Machines and the Perils of Penelope Pitstop instead of the racing which is what made Wacky Races so memorable.

Overall Rating: 4/10 - Not much wacky. Not much racing.

This Disney animated theatre came out back in 2007. Starring Jordan Fry who is well known for his role in Tim Burton's Charlie & the Chocolate Factory voiced a young orphan named Lewis/Cornelius. Overall, the film which sees Lewis unravel more about his future self in a fun story plot and there are moments that can be used as a form of inspiration such as the whole "keep moving forward" slogan which is a quote that Walt Disney himself at the end of the film. If there is anything I would like to critic about is perhaps they could've gave more screen-time to the other Robinsons family.

An interesting fact that I learned is that there was a planned sequel of the film which would've been called Meet the Robinsons 2: First Date which I would've assumed it follows the story of Lewis and Franny who became his future wife if the former creative officer of Disney Animation John Lasseter did not cancel it.

Overall Rating: 8/10 - A fun story to an underated Disney animated film.

Hercules is one of the Disney animated films that I have yet to see from the past and now with Disney+, I can finally watch Hercules. Overall, I can see why this film was very well praised by fans. Not only that I enjoy the voice performances by the cast and the story, I also liked the musical scores from "Go the Distance" to "I won't say."

Since there is a live-action version headed by the Russo Brothers (known for directing Avengers: Endgame) and written by Dave Callaham (Wonder Woman 1984), it will be interesting to see how it holds up.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10 - Considering that this is the first time I watched Hercules, I really enjoyed it.
About time someone appreciated Meet The Robinsons

That movie is sooooooo overlooked

Not perfect by any means, but an enjoyable time regardless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since the thread is going a bit slow and I got nothing else to do, gonna share one little thing quickly.
The narrator's voice for these is just :kirby: It's just so smooth.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alrighty, I finished my roster for "Street Fighter x Tekken 2" and "Tekken x Street Fighter" (in my head the two rosters are identical and the major difference between the two titles is the style of combat). Like the original title, each character has a "cannon partner" for arcade mode. They are listed in order of the pairings.

Street Fighter
  • Ryu
  • Ken Masters
  • Chun-Li
  • Cammy White
  • Guile
  • Charlie Nash
  • Dhalsim
  • Sagat
  • Blanka
  • Dan Hibiki
  • Zangief
  • Rainbow Mika
  • Balrog
  • Vega
  • M. Bison
  • Juri Han
  • Akuma
  • Necalli
  • Rose
  • Ingrid
  • Birdie
  • Ibuki
  • Guy
  • Cody Travers
  • Sakura Kasugano
  • Karin Kanzuki
  • Alex
  • Q
  • Hugo Andore
  • Poison
  • Crimson Viper
  • Rashid
  • Gouken
  • Retsu
  • Hokuto
  • Skullomania
  • Evil Ryu (Clone)
  • Violent Ken (Clone)
Tekken
  • Kazuya Mishima
  • Nina Williams
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Marshall Law
  • King
  • Craig Marduk
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Raven
  • Jack-X2
  • Bryan Fury
  • Lee Chaolan
  • Anna Williams
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Kuma
  • Jun Kazama
  • Zafina
  • Lei Wulong
  • Shaheen
  • Eddy Gordo
  • Christie Monteiro
  • Roger Jr.
  • Cdr. Alex (the raptor)
  • Jin Kazama
  • Ling Xiaoyu
  • Hwoarang
  • Steve Fox
  • Julia Chang
  • Bob Richards
  • Ancient Ogre
  • Eliza
  • Asuka Kazama
  • Lili de Rochefort
  • Leo Kliessen
  • Leroy Smith
  • Lars Alexanderson
  • Alisa Bosconovitch
  • Devil Jin (Clone)
  • Unknown (Clone)
Guest Characters
  • Capcom
    • Mega Man
    • Bass
    • Morrigan Aensland
    • Dimitri Maximoff (yes, Midnight Bliss forms return as well)
  • Namco
    • Pac-Man (once again in a Mokujin)
    • Pac-Ghosts (controlling a miniature NANCY robot)
    • Nightmare (a modern archeologist who discovered the sword)
    • Ivy Valentine (seeks to destroy Soul Edge so she can finally die)
  • Other
    • Edward Elric
    • Alphonse Elric
    • Gon
    • Insect (T3 Giant Praying Mantis)
Oni and True Ogre serve as unplayable boss characters

D

Deleted member

About time someone appreciated Meet The Robinsons

That movie is sooooooo overlooked

Not perfect by any means, but an enjoyable time regardless.
I remember Meet the Robinsons.

Not my favorite movie ever(Sci-fi isn't my cup of tea) but it still holds a place in my heart.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
It took me months, but I finally finished all of Urusei Yatsura, including the movies and OVAs. It was such a fun and memorable anime with lots of hard-hitting moments. Wish it wasn't so overlooked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regarding my story I posted earlier today too.

This version of King K. Rool is portrayed being as his punned name implies very cruel notably towards his minions and very easy to anger (Fighting and easily nearly killing Endeavor for setting foot on his island even when he stated he had no idea anyone lived on it or had no intentions of fighting and that he'd be on his way but King K. Rool wouldn't let him leave as to him anyone that steps foot is a trespasser who will be severely punished) and easily holds a grudge towards those (Given he created a machine just to get to other universe seeking revenge). Despite his demented nature shown to be extremely intelligent as he was able to get his minions to build a portal machine capable of traveling to other universes through the harness of the leftover energy left behind by the merge. He's also very smart, strategic and cunning in battle using trickery in battle to his advantage. Notably anything Bakugou threw at him was countered and outsmarted indicating his high IQ in spite of his insanity. In spite of his size and bulk, he's also capable of jumping great heights, speed and possesses immense strength enough to match his nemesis Donkey Kong, in spite of what his appearance may imply he claims that what those are seeing isn't fat but is in fact actually muscle. His durability also showing almost no boundaries too as he was able to tank full-fledged hits from Izuku even after powering himself up many times.

All these reasons why he ended up almost easily defeating and killing Endeavor in battle in the previous story had Izuku along with Tsuyu, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong not interfered in time. Along with his cruel nature, he makes sadistic yet humorous remarks, one notable case where he tells Todoroki that he nearly did him a favor in almost killing his father as he had father issues with him and that it would have been finally dealt and that he, his siblings and his mother no longer would have to deal with him.

The ending would be Crocodile Isle blowing up as Izuku, Donkey Kong and the others saves Inko and escapes. King K. Rool and his minions all survive sailing away on a gigantic raft with the Kremling King telling Izuku this won't be the last he'll see from him and that he will finally get his revenge one day with Izuku commenting on how he just won't give up and how persistent he is. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong though tells him that they'll keep a close eye on their nemesis to make sure that he won't which Izuku thanks them for before he, Inko, Bakugou, Ochako, Todoroki, and Iida return to their own universe saying goodbye to them.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Evening guys.

I'm tired as hell.
I've been fighting my way through FighterZ online. My current team consists of Vegeta Blue - Cooler - Tien

I'm doing alright, only lost a few matches out of 30 or so today. It's been pretty fun.

D

Deleted member

Ah ****......! my dad found out that I brought my chromebook with me which I technically wasn't supposed to bring(in the most idiotic way possible too) and now there goes my unrestricted access to the internet for now. I'm typing this on my chromebook because my dad literally just shoved it under his stuff and called it a day. :yeahboi:

It was nice knowing you, doubtful I'll be able to say much until this all blows over and I go home.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So In the Pokémon anime they gave GO Sobble. Now he has two of the starters from Galar. Makes me wonder if he gets all three Galar starters as no companion has had more then one of a gen’s starter iirc.

Although in the end credits Grooky is out next to Ash’s Pokémon so maybe he does get it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished watching The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly for the first time. (since it's a three hour movie, I needed to set aside a lot of time to watch it) It's only the second or third western that I've seen (the other ones being the John Wayne version of True Grit and the Jeff Bridges version of True Grit - not sure whether to count that as one or two), and while it dragged a little around the two hour mark, it was still enjoyable, and I can see why Revolver Ocelot was based on Lee Van Cleef (who I had only previously seen in Escape from New York).

I like the movie, and I'm glad that I can cross it off my bucket list. All in all, I had a pretty good birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom