• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just finished watching The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly for the first time. (since it's a three hour movie, I needed to set aside a lot of time to watch it) It's only the second or third western that I've seen (the other ones being the John Wayne version of True Grit and the Jeff Bridges version of True Grit - not sure whether to count that as one or two), and while it dragged a little around the two hour mark, it was still enjoyable, and I can see why Revolver Ocelot was based on Lee Van Cleef (who I had only previously seen in Escape from New York).

I like the movie, and I'm glad that I can cross it off my bucket list. All in all, I had a pretty good birthday.
Glad you had a good birthday :)

Also, GBU is one of my FAVORITES. I love it; it's a classic Western.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
first time since it's release I'm about to watch BvS...and first time ever I'll be watching the extended version

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
In my binge watching of different power rangers media I'm just now realizing that Wild force was the one team who's characters never came back in ranger season's that happened after theirs.

The closest we got is Cole's red lion joining the Megaforce team but that doesn't count.

It's a shame because that team was one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who actually think that whole bit is pretty clever.
It's clever, but it's also kinda dumb.

"GRRRRRRR WE WANNA ****ING KILL EACH OTHER!"

"....wait, your mom's name is Martha? 'chaaaa, mine too! Heckin' sweet dude!"

If that was done in like, a casual scene where the two weren't actively trying to beat the snot out of each other, it'd be a really cute scene, but mid combat?....nah

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

If that was done in like, a casual scene where the two weren't actively trying to beat the snot out of each other, it'd be a really cute scene, but mid combat?....nah
I like the Teen titans go version of this scene better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

This exactly. I get what they were trying to do but they poorly executed it that its to the point of being laughable and becoming the meme it was.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Except it’s really clever because....

Dang it. I can’t find the image.

Look. If you actually think it through, what it means for the characters and who they are. What Batman’s mental disorders are like, and the fact that Supes didn’t just say “my mom is named Martha” but “save Martha”. It’s really clever.

Shroob

Sup?

Look. If you actually think it through, what it means for the characters and who they are. What Batman’s mental disorders are like, and the fact that Supes didn’t just say “my mom is named Martha” but “save Martha”. It’s really clever.
And it'd be better if the two weren't in "MURDER MURDER KILL EACH OTHER" mode.

Like, if they had been sitting around a bar and Sups mentioned "Hey, ya know, my mother's name is Martha too." or something to that effect? Woulda been a nice, cozy scene where the two characters relate to one another in a comfortable scene.

Instead we get

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME?!"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is how I would had done it. This edit is way better then the actual movie version.

Also, who the **** even calls their mother by their name? If Superman said something like "P-Please! You're letting them kill her...Save my mother!" I could buy it more. What's more laughable too is the face Batman planned 18 whole months to doing this only to stop upon hearing one word.

Last edited:

JPBrigatti

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0018-0019-6623

Like, if they had been sitting around a bar and Sups mentioned "Hey, ya know, my mother's name is Martha too." or something to that effect? Woulda been a nice, cozy scene where the two characters relate to one another in a comfortable scene.

Instead we get

Yeah, I can't help but feel it would of have been far better if we got scenes of these two bonding and then teaming up instead of suddenly being friends after Batman almost killed Supes. I get what was the intent, but... yeah. Didn't work out for me.

This is how I would had done it. This edit is way better then the actual movie version.

Also, who the **** even calls their mother by their name? If Superman said something like "P-Please! You're letting them kill her...Save my mother!" I could buy it more. What's more laughable too is the face Batman planned 18 whole months to doing this only to stop upon hearing one word.
This is also a good alternative through.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Instead we get

Except....

I am not properly equipped to explain this. Where’s that Rafiki picture.....

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Sorry Snake. I couldn’t resist.

Shroob

Sup?
So, since EVO is dead this year, it seems like Japan is doing their own thing

...uhhh

....you can't make this **** up

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, since EVO is dead this year, it seems like Japan is doing their own thing

...uhhh

....you can't make this **** up

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Up next will be SNK Presents Extreme Rumble Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom