• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok, but $50k is $50k
Lol don't take everything you take at face value. No way someone makes that much. When somethng's too good to be true, it usually isnt.

Being an internet personality could be fun in some contexts tho ;p

D

Deleted member

Just bought some cards to upgrade a Trial Deck I bought, feels nice.

The upgrade path is looking to be relatively cheap too, so this will likely be my first deck that I can safely call "tiered"

It is a bit braindead though, which isn't thatttttt big a deal to me(at least when compared to playing my main deck, Granblue, which requires a lot of thought in terms of what I actually call from drop) but it's somewhat annoying how the entire game plan is the same no matter what I do.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just chilling for the day, I haven't been in much discussion lately just have nothing to talk about in case anyone wonders why I haven't been as active as of late.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A friend linked me to one of those Virtual YouTubers that are all the rage right now

...and I watched as she made more money in five minutes than a person making minimum wage will make in 2 weeks COMBINED.

View attachment 278165

So the key to success.... is to become an anime girl...

Edit:

In like 30 minutes she's made like 50 thousand dollars by just ****ing talking... what the **** is this lmao.
Streaming is a valid business venture these days as long as you don’t mind dumping a whole lot of money out of the gate to get started. I would love to stream but I have nowhere near the setup I require.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On if my coworkers grandparents that she lives with got tested positive.

Oh ****.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Quick little hypothetical I thought of to get my thinking cap on:

-Pick 3 non-Smash characters to fight the entine final Galeem + Dharkon Fight from World of Light:
I'm talking about this one in particular:
Doesn't matter who they are, if they hate each other, whatever. Assume they at the bare minimum they are focusing only on the fight itself, past conflicts be damned. I want to see what interesting ideas you guys come up with(and I have my own but I feel that I shouldn't share it just yet)
You mean non-videogame characters?
Edit: For me it would be these 3.
1. Lincoln Loud (Nickelodeon)
2. Godzilla (Toho)
3. Jotaro (Araki)
Not gonna lie, it would be hilarious to see Lincoln, a scrawny 11-year old human child beating up freaking Galeem and Dharkon, two powerful godly beings of light and darkness itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is some oddly satisfying **** right here
I don't even know what the hell is going on lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope the Ubisoft conference gives us an unexpected Nintendo Crossover again. Would love to see what they could do.

D

Deleted member

I hope the Ubisoft conference gives us an unexpected Nintendo Crossover again. Would love to see what they could do.
Honestly same. What weird wacky shenanigan of a game will the combined brainpower of Nintendo and Ubisoft think of next? Legend of Zelda: Rayman Legends? well maybe not that but I think my point is made.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just Hadookened Sigma's final form. It worked.

I was told it wouldn't work so i didn't try it. But then I was like, **** it. And tried and then it worked.

I don't care anymore! I beat Maverick Hunter X!

And now that my sanity is returning I feel deeply embarrassed for how I was acting both here and IRL. I apologize.

It actually wasn't that hard now that I think about it in retrospect and with a clear head. So again. I apologize profusely to everyone. @Shroob Will Will @Bakugan2556 @Zinith , everyone I argued with. I apologize.

I do wonder if I should maybe try Mega Man 11 because I here that game has like, a beginners mode or seomthing.
What was the other Sci-fi franchise you tried to get into?
I would have suggested either Ratchet & Clank, Metroid, or Halo.
Funny enough, all three of these can considered shooters from a certain point of view.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wasted my time grinding out art manuals in XC only to find out that you can buy a higher tier of them after completing Future Connected.

13b2d03b8da8bca3eb3bba04ee9c8c94.jpg

God dammit.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just Hadookened Sigma's final form. It worked.

I was told it wouldn't work so i didn't try it. But then I was like, **** it. And tried and then it worked.

I don't care anymore! I beat Maverick Hunter X!

And now that my sanity is returning I feel deeply embarrassed for how I was acting both here and IRL. I apologize.

It actually wasn't that hard now that I think about it in retrospect and with a clear head. So again. I apologize profusely to everyone. @Shroob Will Will @Bakugan2556 @Zinith , everyone I argued with. I apologize.

I do wonder if I should maybe try Mega Man 11 because I here that game has like, a beginners mode or seomthing.
Mega Man 9 does as well iirc

osby

Smash Obsessed
Your cat falling asleep on you sounds cute on paper but it's been half an hour, my chest hurts because of the 5 kg of weight and he's drooling non-stop.

That's what I get for being a softie.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don’t understand why you’d wanna be a VTuber honestly. I feel like there are more fun, rewarding things to do than hide behind some anime girl mask.
Yeah, imagine going onto the internet, creating some persona of yourself, and hiding behind a digital cartoon mask all day so you can talk about video games or something. Definitely doesn't sound like something I'd ever do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly same. What weird wacky shenanigan of a game will the combined brainpower of Nintendo and Ubisoft think of next? Legend of Zelda: Rayman Legends? well maybe not that but I think my point is made.
I could see Zelda next and would be interested in what they would do. Either way there is a lot of potential.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, imagine going onto the internet, creating some persona of yourself, and hiding behind a digital cartoon mask all day so you can talk about video games or something. Definitely doesn't sound like something I'd ever do.
I mean if you wanna get technically about it I do that sometimes too....
*cries in furry*
and to be even more technical we all kinda are masquerading as a persona of ourselves here. Maybe not like a 180 in terms of personality or anything but I bet most of us meeting irl would act very differently, if nothing else partially due to the differences between typing and speaking.

For example I stutter alot. It's a wonder I ever get a sentence out clearly irl lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if people are still vehemently upset over the Bakugan reveal. I might buy it actually, lol. It looks fun.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wonder if people are still vehemently upset over the Bakugan reveal. I might buy it actually, lol. It looks fun.
Is there more to the mechanics than throwing **** at your monsters while they auto-battle? Didn't make it very far into the presentation.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Say, what’s the general reception of Disenchantment? I’m taking the time to watch some of it as a break from my anime binge watch on Netflix.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is there more to the mechanics than throwing **** at your monsters while they auto-battle? Didn't make it very far into the presentation.
I'm an optimist, this **** doesn't come out till November, there's still a good amount of time for tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom