• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Your definition of fun is very different from who Capcom is trying to sell the games to, and you aren't 100% of their audience. :secretkpop:
But I'm also not 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of their audience. Because there are doubtlessly many people like me who love the lore, characters, world, and idea of Mega Man but are turned away by the intense difficulty. So you cater to BOTH by having an easy mode that reduces the bull**** and having normal and hard modes for people who love that ****.
To you.

Not every game is meant for every player.

Also, if this video from 10 years ago can prove it's possible to beat Sigma with no damage taken, I don't believe you.
That's the original. I'm playing the PSP remake.

Also, HOLY **** how does he have THAT much health!?! I got every heart container and my health bar is like... half that size. God damn.

D

Deleted member

So, the game is advertising a service. A fun journey to completion and a tonne of cool stuff to see and do. But you may or may not be able to actually see and do any of it. Luck of the draw if you are skilled enough and patient enough. Isn't that gambling? And isn't gambling illegal?
.............Snake......

Excuse me....what?

The whole point is that you buy a game to “play” it.
If you can’t beat it, then you either have to get better, or if you’re more interested in the story, odds are a walkthrough is somewhere out there.
I dunno where the hell you get gambling from, it’s not like you’re pouring money into a pool in the hopes you can beat a boss, all you really need to do is get better. Which I need to stress isn’t hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But I'm also not 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of their audience. Because there are doubtlessly many people like me who love the lore, characters, world, and idea of Mega Man but are turned away by the intense difficulty. So you cater to BOTH by having an easy mode that reduces the bull**** and having normal and hard modes for people who love that ****.
You can also git gud.

Shroob

Sup?

That's the original. I'm playing the PSP remake.

Also, HOLY **** how does he have THAT much health!?! I got every heart container and my health bar is like... half that size. God damn.

Hard mode

No damage

Buster only

0 Upgrades

I'm sorry Snake, but you're just bad. I don't mean to insult by saying it, but it's not the game's fault. This comes down entirely to skill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it... Snake, what exactly HAVE you been doing in the Sigma fight?

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Fine. I'm wrong. I can't win this argument and I can't beat Sigma. So in both cases I give up. Both are frustrating and both feel like I'm just doing the same thing over and over again but the universe just says "no". Because that's life. Life is all about getting **** on and digging yourself out only to get **** on again by more **** you didn't have time to prepare for or even see. And despite the fact that we collectively have the power to make it easier for everyone, nobody does anything. Because that's life. And screw trying to make it better.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It was such a good answer it had to be said twice.

Okay. Fine. I'm wrong. I can't win this argument and I can't beat Sigma. So in both cases I give up. Both are frustrating and both feel like I'm just doing the same thing over and over again but the universe just says "no". Because that's life. Life is all about getting **** on and digging yourself out only to get **** on again by more **** you didn't have time to prepare for or even see. And despite the fact that we collectively have the power to make it easier for everyone, nobody does anything. Because that's life. And screw trying to make it better.
It's a game designed to be hard Jennifer, chill out.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, that is exactly what life is.

And you're only allowed to give up when you die.

Welcome to being alive, you make the best out of whatever hand you're dealt, and you keep your chin up, regardless of how much **** life throws at you.

D

Deleted member

So uh...do you guys have like.... a specific song you listen to whenever you’re down and it just cheers you up? For me it’s this:
Inspiration, motivational, and catchy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes, that is exactly what life is.

And you're only allowed to give up when you die.

Welcome to being alive, you make the best out of whatever hand you're dealt, and you keep your chin up, regardless of how much **** life throws at you.
And how nobody has seen that as a problem that would be best fixed, as it is easily fixed, it beyond me. But whatever. Maybe I should just quit life then.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, the game is advertising a service. A fun journey to completion and a tonne of cool stuff to see and do. But you may or may not be able to actually see and do any of it. Luck of the draw if you are skilled enough and patient enough. Isn't that gambling? And isn't gambling illegal?
I mean I kinda suck at Cuphead too, especially in the third area which I haven’t played in a long time so I haven’t gotten past it yet, but I don’t think I’m gambling or anything.

And yeah it’s your own skill and patience, it’s not the devs’ fault you get too frustrated to continue. You may be gambling whether or not you can beat the challenge, but it’s not like you’re getting anything but entertainment and satisfaction out of it.

If you’re that in love with the game’s story, you could just watch a YouTube video or something.

And basically, as a wise man once said:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Good game design requires the actions to justify the rewards. The difficulty is party of what goes into the actions. For most of these games, managing to get past the difficulty allows great progressions, which in return rewards the player and satisfies them. The question is, how hard is enough? Does the player want to get past a certain part because they really want progress and they just know that they can do it, or does the player just want to get past because they're just tired and are forcing themselves to complete something they just grew sick of? Do the players actually want to progress, or are they just going through the motions out of the feel of obligation?

If it falls into the latter, then the game isn't good. At that point, nobody actually cares for the rewards, they just want to be done with the game. In that case, then the difficulty isn't worth it, ie, you made the game way too hard for anybody.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So uh...do you guys have like.... a specific song you listen to whenever you’re down and it just cheers you up?
100% it's this:

There's some spell attached to this song that cheers me up instantly. It's not my favorite song ever, but not all of those are "instant happy" songs if you catch my drift :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
And how nobody has seen that as a problem that would be best fixed, as it is easily fixed, it beyond me. But whatever. Maybe I should just quit life then.
Because it's not a problem that needs fixing. Everyone understands the general concept of "If I let this enemy hit me, I take damage, it's completely my fault."

This is starting to sound like:

1594526441777.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Btw, Mega Man 1 was hard because of the wonky technical issues the game had. It's not bad, but to say it was polished is incorrect.

There's a reason why 2 was so much better even though the basic formula barely changed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In terms of badness, and though this joke may be overused, I guess you could say you'd never see it coming.
ContentGrotesqueBudgie-max-1mb.gif

The rag doll physics in BotW always amused me.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
...truth hurts me...
Out of context P5R post

i want Dr. Marukis snacks
Maruki is a snack master
100% it's this:

There's some spell attached to this song that cheers me up instantly. It's not my favorite song ever, but not all of those are "instant happy" songs if you catch my drift :yoshi:
sees Men at Work only to think about the Jimmy Neutron episode

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So uh...do you guys have like.... a specific song you listen to whenever you’re down and it just cheers you up?
Depends on what kind of music genre I wanna pick.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Most games are advertised as games, and most people think of challenges of some sort when they think of "games".

Not every game is clear about what level of challenge it offers, but that's what reviews are for.

Asise from that, this takes some real leaps in logic. Is it gambling if I buy a chocolate bar not knowing if its crunchy or soft, or is it on me because I didn't do my research first so I could make an informed decision?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Most games are advertised as games, and most people think of challenges of some sort when they think of "games".

Not every game is clear about what level of challenge it offers, but that's what reviews are for.

Asise from that, this takes some real leaps in logic. Is it gambling if I buy a chocolate bar not knowing if its crunchy or soft, or is it on me because I didn't do my research first so I could make an informed decision?
But Zach, if I buy a game that looks like this:

And I find out the game sucks ****, it is not my fault. That cover exudes quality :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I got soooooo close!

I just really want to like Mega Man because there are so few sci-fi gaming franchises and I'm sick of fantasy stuff. The fact that I'll never play another Mega Man game after this is really depressing if they're all like this even on the easiest settings. I guess it's just emblematic of the bad luck I have in every facet of my life.

Christ that's two game franchises I thought could become new favorites that were then ripped out from under me in this year alone.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know

And it hurts.

For real doe MM2 has nostalgia hard. It's by far the most popular game in the series in Japan.
Yeah, hence why a lot of Mega Man representation comes from 2.

What's intersting to note is that in the Smash 4 era, Sakurai said that Mega Man's moveset took the most inspiration from 2.

He has more moves from Mega Man 3 in that moveset. He has 5 from 3 (Slide, Spark Shot, Hard Knuckle, Top Spin, Rush), and 4 from 2 (Air Shooter, Metal Blade, Crash Bomber, Leaf Shield)

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, hence why a lot of Mega Man representation comes from 2.

What's intersting to note is that in the Smash 4 era, Sakurai said that Mega Man's moveset took the most inspiration from 2.

He has more moves from Mega Man 3 in that moveset. He has 5 from 3 (Slide, Spark Shot, Hard Knuckle, Top Spin, Rush), and 4 from 2 (Air Shooter, Metal Blade, Crash Bomber, Leaf Shield)

*Me 15~ years ago*, "What the hell is a Megaman?"

*My friend, who was super into Japanese stuff at the time*, "Let me show you....THIS!"

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I got soooooo close!

I just really want to like Mega Man because there are so few sci-fi gaming franchises and I'm sick of fantasy stuff. The fact that I'll never play another Mega Man game after this is really depressing if they're all like this even on the easiest settings. I guess it's just emblematic of the bad luck I have in every facet of my life.

Christ that's two game franchises I thought could become new favorites that were then ripped out from under me in this year alone.
You could always go for the Battle Network games, or Legends if you can get those :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*Me 15~ years ago*, "What the hell is a Megaman?"

*My friend, who was super into Japanese stuff at the time*, "Let me show you....THIS!"

Imagine ragequitting so hard you had to sing about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom