• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I didn’t think someone would say a Smash moveset would be more complex than a moveset for a more traditional fighting game.
I could have worded my post better, ngl.

What I meant is that I find It easier to make an Alex Kidd moveset in a traditional fighting Game/Virtua Fighter style as just with his punches, kicks and rock, paper, scissors shenanigans you can come up with enough stuff for the moves.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
As much as I would legit love that to happen, I never can figure out a good Fighter moveset for him at all (and when I was able to give Pauline a moveset It does feel weird).

I could however see him getting a Mii costume with another SEGA character (personally betting on Sakura from Sakura Wars, Axel Stone, Beat or a Phantasy Star character).
Billy Hatcher also seems plausible for a Mii.

But yeah, if somehow Sakurai made Alex Kidd work as a fighter I would be hyped as frick.
AXEL GANG

RISE

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I could have worded my post better, ngl.

What I meant is that I find It easier to make an Alex Kidd moveset in a traditional fighting Game/Virtua Fighter style as just with his punches, kicks and rock, paper, scissors shenanigans you can come up with enough stuff for the moves.
Fair enough.

Also how do you think he’d interact with some of the other fighters on the roster?

D

Deleted member

Fair enough.

Also how do you think he’d interact with some of the other fighters on the roster?
With Sonic there would be a callback to his role in Segagaga for sure (maybe a line about how Sonic made him have to go work on retail).

With Knuckles he would reference the Sunkenpon mechanic from his game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Speaking of Sega mii fighter outfits.

I totally want a Ryo Hazuki mii brawler outfit, his jacket is iconic.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yep; Ryo appeared in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, and Shenmue 3 came out not that long ago.
Cool. I knew shenmue 3 came out, but it was crowdfunded. I thought the rights were sold to the creator. Still that jacket would be nice

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
With Sonic there would be a callback to his role in Segagaga for sure (maybe a line about how Sonic made him have to go work on retail).

With Knuckles he would reference the Sunkenpon mechanic from his game.
Trying to figure out how to make the first one not as fourth wall breaky...

Alex: Wanna settle this with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors?
Knux: Okay, but I can only do paper and rock...
Alex: Oh I’m sure you’ll do just fine.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Holy Moly. Jisu's latest document is so long. Maybe someone will summarize some of the stuff at some point. I don't know when I'll read it, but it sounds like there was a lot of stuff going on there. Well that totally lowers my view of them and whatever went on :/

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
Holy Moly. Jisu's latest document is so long. Maybe someone will summarize some of the stuff at some point. I don't know when I'll read it, but it sounds like there was a lot of stuff going on there. Well that totally lowers my view of them and whatever went on :/
I mean you're mostly reading screenshots, like you're reading 64 pages of aphorisms so yeah, don't be intimidated, you're more reading 20 pages.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Listening to Son of Man. Man what a good song. Whatever happened to the Disney that used to be good and had the balls?

D

Deleted member

Listening to Son of Man. Man what a good song. Whatever happened to the Disney that used to be good and had the balls?
I'd say current Disney TV shows are good (the Owl House for example).

But yeah, they need to step up their movies (not counting Pixar ones such as Onward).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean you're mostly reading screenshots, like you're reading 64 pages of aphorisms so yeah, don't be intimidated, you're more reading 20 pages.
Good to know. I'm taking my time with it, but already I feel very disappointed in people... well at least the sky house.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said though, Tarzan has probably gotta be one of their darkest movies ever up there with Hunchback, The Black Cauldron, and Pinocchio.

This might be the only Disney movie that ever showed blood, dead bodies (Tarzan's parents) and a child being killed (A animal child granted but still a child and although seen off-screen you actually hear the cries of the baby gorilla being killed, Jesus Christ) and that's not factoring in Clayton's death being hung where you briefly see the shadow of his body hanging.

On top of its songs by Phil Collins, the emotion and in-depth heart of the film, Tarzan is definitely one of my favorites surely in my top 10.

In terms of darkest Disney villain, I say it comes down to Frollo or the Horned King. Shan Yu I would say is up there too, dude and his clan slaughtered an entire village.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just had to delete over 1500 pictures on my phone because my iPad just deleted an 80% of the images I had seemingly due to Space problems and I was scared the same would happen to my phone.

Lost that wonderful fan art of Eight and Samus fighting Ridley made by Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday because I didn't pass It to my phone in time.

Hopefully never happens again.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
That said though, Tarzan has probably gotta be one of their darkest movies ever up there with Hunchback, The Black Cauldron, and Pinocchio.
As someone who had watched Pinocchio several times in my childhood, the scenes where Pinocchio enters Pleasure Island, the kids including Lampwick being turned to donkeys was the darkest throughout.

In regards to the future of Disney animation and even though we have yet to see a first trailer of the movie, I do anticipate to see what Raya the Last Dragon will look like. But I am certain we will find out what other new Disney animated films they have in development when the D23 expo hits next year.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Am I mad or did some of my posts get moved here?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry if people are kind of tired of the topic. But I'm more than half way through jisu's latest document, and I'm so disappointed in ZeRo. I didn't think he was that ****ty of a person. And with all the convo pics with katie, it's clear that is all real, and zero really knew what he was doing and trying to cover his tracks.

Anyway, yeah. Disappointed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As someone who had watched Pinocchio several times in my childhood, the scenes where Pinocchio enters Pleasure Island, the kids including Lampwick being turned to donkeys was the darkest throughout.
I'm surprised that the scene never scared me as a child.

Do you know what's the darkest thing of all? The Coachman is probably the only Disney villain to get away with his crimes.

I'd say he too is up there with Shan-Yu, Frollo, and the Horned King in terms of darkest Disney villains.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways, the reason I was looking for that Tako Tuesday art was because I just had the cool idea of changing the posters I currently have on my wall for art of crossovers between my favourite series + the art of the new Alex Kidd game.

20200704_150721.jpg

Alex-Kidd-regresa-consolas-PC-2021.jpg

d15c8c6ed06fc3861d5478b896b8b6db.jpg

Feeling positive these would fit on my wall.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sorry if people are kind of tired of the topic. But I'm more than half way through jisu's latest document, and I'm so disappointed in ZeRo. I didn't think he was that ****ty of a person. And with all the convo pics with katie, it's clear that is all real, and zero really knew what he was doing and trying to cover his tracks.

Anyway, yeah. Disappointed.
There were only two Smashtubers I watch- Zero and Alpharad. Now it's just the one. I really hope Alpha hasn't done anything like this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There were only two Smashtubers I watch- Zero and Alpharad. Now it's just the one. I really hope Alpha hasn't done anything like this.
I doubt it, Alpha's cool ;p
And he does a lot more than smash. I do like to see more things sometimes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I doubt it, Alpha's cool ;p
And he does a lot more than smash. I do like to see more things sometimes.
I really doubt he's done anything, but I would've said the same thing about some of these people and here we are. I also think of him as a Smashtuber, as 4 of his 5 biggest series (CPUCS, Amiibo training, Elite Smash, and Custom Colloseum) are Smash, as opposed to the one non-Smash one (Endless Easy), and those old "How to play x 101" videos are how he got his start.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This morning and early afternoon was cool. Now it's getting hot and humid again. It was great while it lasted I guess...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
y'all think there's gonna be anymore issues within the community moving forward? Cause I hope not

D

Deleted member

Even if there are more issues appearing inside the community, we need to keep our hopes and energy up to guarantee that good stuff will come sooner or later.

I know It will be tough for many depending on their economical and health conditions, but It did take me more than 15 years to find anything which made me smile again since I was 3 years old (and It is no exaggeration, people treated me that badly in the past). I know how It feels to think that things can only get worse and with depression those thoughts can become even worse.

But thanks to all the effort I put behind during all those years, the successes I did to prove all the people from my past that they were wrong and that I did have value, the mistakes I had made from which I learnt a lot from to become even better, the support I had from the IRL friends I made these last 7 years and all the great people I met online both from Discord and on this site such as Osby or Guh-Huzzah... It was thanks to all that hard work and support that after a long time I finally smiled in literally so many years.

And now, more than ever before, during a year which has brought a good amount of bad news, we need to work our way through as I have done all these years to find the good news. Helping our friends both IRL and online to get through their problems, doing any kind of donation we can to good causes, bringing up feedback to any kind of idea presented to us done with good purposes, doing little things to make the lifes of everyone around us better.

We need to put our little grain of sand as we say in Spain to slowly but with time make a better time and stance for a lot of us.
And a lot of the people here have helped others a lot in the past, so I'm positive that together we will be able to help things improve.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
y'all think there's gonna be anymore issues within the community moving forward? Cause I hope not
It'd be foolish to think otherwise. Of course there's going to be issues in the community, there always will be.

However, with all of this **** coming to light thanks in no small part to the brave individuals stepping forward, we have a chance to reexamine what went wrong and take steps to ensure that people are protected. I have faith that we can learn from this and be better; not necessarily perfect, but certainly a sight more than what came before. There are already a ton of things that have been set in motion by other notable figures of the Smash community due to these events. Steps are being taken here on this very website.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've been out all day. Apparently a scarf wasn't a good enough face mask to use to a bus driver so I had to walk back home the prick.

What have I missed on the talks today ladies and gentlemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom