• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
What if SEGA released a new Ultimate Retro Gaming console. It could play Masyer System games, Genesis games, SEGA CD games, 32X games; Saturn Games, Dreamcast games, heck even game gear games. Utilizing original hardware for universal backwards compatibility, All with HD upscaling tech implemented.
I want Nintendo to do that by making an official FPGA core and implementing it into the Switch 2.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Anyone have a favorite Sonic song or songs?
Uh...

- Sonic Mania's whole soundtrack. Not even kidding, the whole thing is absolutely amazing and I could listen to it on loop forever. Also, for the sake of limiting redundancy, I will not list the tracks that show up remixed in that game (though I may put in remixes that have been done by others in this list).

- Hilltop Zone (Sonic 2)

- Toxic Caves (Sonic Spinball)

- Emerald Hill Zone (Sonic 2)

- Spring Yard Zone (Sonic 1)

- Credit Roll (Sonic 3)

- iMushroom (Mushroom Hill/Knuckles Theme remix by GaMeBoX)

- Mythic Mist (Mystic Cave Zone remix by PirateCrab)

- Time Traveler's Delight (Japan!Stardust Speedway remix by OverClocked Assembled)

- Thinking Cap (Ice Cap Zone Act 1 remix by Platonist)

Bonus track:

- Graveyard Theory (Pumpkin Hill remix by The Zone Runners)

Smooth Criminal

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
How do you think Trump got elected?
By losing by 3 million votes but getting appointed president anyway due to an old vestige from the time slavery was protected that allows that loser to still win if they carry the right combination of states.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
By losing by 3 million votes but getting appointed president anyway due to an old vestige from the time slavery was protected that allows that loser to still win if they carry the right combination of states.
I was gonna say memes but, whatever floats your boat.

1593927037359.png

Look at these numbers though, I hope the actual election isn't as divisive lol

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I was gonna say memes but, whatever floats your boat.

View attachment 277370

Look at these numbers though, I hope the actual election isn't as divisive lol
If you only ever believed random online polls, then we'd be having President Sanders now.
Normies don't vote in random Twitter polls.
Kanye will get about as many votes as Harambe.

If you look at the modern history of election results, Republicans always get about the same amount of votes every time.
The determining factor is turnout.
Low turnout? Republicans win.
High turnout? Democrats win.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you only ever believed random online polls, then we'd be having President Sanders now.
Normies don't vote in random Twitter polls.
Kanye will get about as many votes as Harambe.
They joke about him but the joke never runs its course until he's in the oval office. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just bought heavenly sword for my PS3.

I have a problem with compulsive spending. It’s a side effect of my adhd. Something I’ve been undermedicated for lately after I ran out if my extended release capsules and had to switch to twice a day. I can never remember to take the second dose because it’s separate from all my other pills at my normal times.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I have a problem with compulsive spending. It’s a side effect of my adhd. Something I’ve been undermedicated for lately after I ran out if my extended release capsules and had to switch to twice a day. I can never remember to take the second dose because it’s separate from all my other pills at my normal times.
I feel ya. I was on 12 [legal] pills once when my anxiety / OCD / depression was at its peak.
But now I'm on only 4 pills and my hair treatment (yes, I take medicine to prevent balding, harharhar).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel ya. I was on 12 [legal] pills once when my anxiety / OCD / depression was at its peak.
But now I'm on only 4 pills and my hair treatment (yes, I take medicine to prevent balding, harharhar).
I mean... technically I do too. But that’s pretty much just a side effect of my hormone pills (or as I like to call them “***** Skittles”.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I mean... technically I do too. But that’s pretty much just a side effect of my hormone pills (or as I like to call them “***** Skittles”.
I assume that's the word that rhymes with "itch".
Are you trans? I'm not, but I'm very feminine at times, especially emotionally.
I used to HATE my masculine features and I wanted to cross dress in Middle School / High School, but my mother was very homophobic.
Though I embrace both the masculine and feminine parts of me now.
Now my depression only comes from my Autism and inability to form meaningful social bonds rather than gender dysphoria.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I assume that's the word that rhymes with "itch".
Are you trans? I'm not, but I'm very feminine at times, especially emotionally.
I used to HATE my masculine features and I wanted to cross dress in Middle School / High School, but my mother was very homophobic.
Though I embrace both the masculine and feminine parts of me now.
Now my depression only comes from my Autism and inability to form meaningful social bonds rather than gender dysphoria.
Yes. I am trans. And I have basically the same problems only I have a bunch of dysphoria whipped cream on top of my social dysfunction depression sundae.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To brighten the mood, even if only slightly. I did another Mega Man redraw AND Game Boxart redraw all in one. The USA Version of Mega Man X1.

I like how this came out, personally.
Yooooo, this look sick! Even if it's a redraw, you did a excellent job on it imo. If only because X look like X instead of Popeye cosplaying as X.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Yes. I am trans. And I have basically the same problems only I have a bunch of dysphoria whipped cream on top of my social dysfunction depression sundae.
I know nothing a single person says can "fix" all of life's problems, but support systems do help, from my experience.
Nobody's really "normal". We're ultimately all our own bag of chemicals with these odd things called feelings and emotions, but I fully support you, and I'm sure Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo does to! (She's my Animal Crossing buddy.)

Edit: There's something my sixth grade Science teacher told me that stuck with me all this time.
We're all human, even the most despicable among us like murderers.
We all want to be loved, accepted, trusted, and all those other social stimulants.
The world is full of hatred, division, and bigotry, but I believe some day, we will all be accepted with all our eccentricities.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yooooo, this look sick! Even if it's a redraw, you did a excellent job on it imo. If only because X look like X instead of Popeye cosplaying as X.
I appreciate it. I tried to find the best mix of the US design and the Original MMX look, but still do my own thing.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
can’t wait to waste more of my life doing stuff which, in the end, doesn’t really matter
i would do a speedrun but it’s nearly 4 am and i don’t feel like it

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

Be careful with impulse buying you don't want to buy something you'll regret. You should make a shopping list before hand.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Be careful with impulse buying you don't want to buy something you'll regret. You should make a shopping list before hand.
You reeeeeeally don't wanna see my Switch library. I impulse buy anything on sale.

Shroob

Sup?

Every copy of Mario 64 is personalized.
This would have been such a nice, refreshing creepypasta

Where it not for the dumb "Spoopy Wario ghost" plot thread they went with.

I can get behind the idea of "A game that slightly adjusts itself depending on who's playing it", regardless of how outlandish it is.

I can't get behind "The subconscious minds of everyone brough a ghost Wario into existence."

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Edit: Goddamned drafts.
I-It can't be that bad can it?
I have a 400GB card, and half of my games sit in the purgatory of purchased but uninstalled.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can get behind the idea of "A game that slightly adjusts itself depending on who's playing it", regardless of how outlandish it is.

I can't get behind "The subconscious minds of everyone brough a ghost Wario into existence."
But you wanted fun, right? Didn’t Wario show you fun?

Shroob

Sup?
Your profile says that you're 29. Do yo

I have a 400GB card, and half of my games sit in the purgatory of purchased but uninstalled.
I am 29.

Why yes, I am unemployed and am more or less a NEET due to both life consequences and mental health consequences. Thank you for asking.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Wait.

That's an actual creepypasta?

I thought it was just a meme.

Shroob

Sup?
I would say go out and job hunt Shroob but due to the Corona virus. I fear for your safety.
Well, I've definitely tried. But my family's kinda a douche in a certain way. They wanted a bunch of pets... but none of them will take responsibility for them, and since they can't be left home alone, we live in an apartment with a very strict low-noise policy... kinda stuck.

That and, well, I have some challenges with my autism. I'm highly functioning, but I feel like a lot of employers kinda brush me aside due to it when I 'have' tried.

Wait.

That's an actual creepypasta?

I thought it was just a meme.
It's a little of both.

The idea is honestly cool. A game that slightly alters itself depending on who's playing it, meaning people will have different memories of it ala Candle Cove? That's neat.

But then..... why Wario ghost.... why? I can believe the first thing because, well, the Mandela Effect... but not THAT.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, I've definitely tried. But my family's kinda a douche in a certain way. They wanted a bunch of pets... but none of them will take responsibility for them, and since they can't be left home alone, we live in an apartment with a very strict low-noise policy... kinda stuck.
easys, **** your parents and get rid of the pets.. They are technically your pets now since you take care of them

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Sadly my family is the same way with pets. We have one dog and two cats. One dog is enough but my brother wanted cats and the stray he got tore up the carpet and stained it because it is poorly trained.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I am 29.

Why yes, I am unemployed and am more or less a NEET due to both life consequences and mental health consequences. Thank you for asking.
Oops. Sorry. That was the site's fault for saving a scrapped post.
I was going to ask, but I found it rude. I'm so sorry for the screwup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom