• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

The Infinite Stretch.​
why isn't luigi's plunger a ****ing tether sakurai

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was popping in here cause I saw an old friend in Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal peaking around and now I see that it's someone's birthday!

Happy Birthday @Alicorn . I may not know you, but I still wish you a good one.

Now I have to go get ready to work outside in the summer heat for a few hours cause Home Depot sucks.
Sup Kaye Cruiser

Sup Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal

Hope y'all have been well

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Untitled.png

Apologies if the image is too big but goddamn, people really don't like Fortnite that much, huh? I thought Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's article was pretty good. I'm just assuming it's due to Fortnite's being this generation's hate dump, but this is just really glaring.

The comments aren't even about the article, it's literally just "abuse article when?" questions. :214:

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Sup Kaye Cruiser

Hey, Strong Bad. Good to see you! Things are certainly shaping up to be...well, like the old proverbial curse says, we live in interesting times. I think that about sums it for me, anyways. Hope you're doing well.

Also, sup Kaye. Haven't seen you in a minute, either. Hope you're doing alright.

Smooth Criminal

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, I just got back from Gamestop, and technically, while Gamestop is not the best video game store out there, I preordered three games there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, I need to get into some softer rock. I have a lot of hardcore or experimental on my playlist.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You got any more obscure recommendations? Or just anything at all. :p

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 277171

Apologies if the image is too big but goddamn, people really don't like Fortnite that much, huh? I thought Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's article was pretty good. I'm just assuming it's due to Fortnite's being this generation's hate dump, but this is just really glaring.

The comments aren't even about the article, it's literally just "abuse article when?" questions. :214:
Probably a mix of that and Fortnite not appealing to the users here in general. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of folks here are very indifferent on it.

D

Deleted member

So I'm playing Trails in the Sky the 3rd atm. I'm wondering for those who played the Legends of Heroes games, did you go straight to the Trails of Cold Steel games or the Crossbell arc games after Trails in the Sky the 3rd?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm playing Trails in the Sky the 3rd atm. I'm wondering for those who played the Legends of Heroes games, did you go straight to the Trails of Cold Steel games or the Crossbell arc games after Trails in the Sky the 3rd?
Talking to a massive Trails fan I started with the Cold Steel games.

Crossbell duology hasn't been properly localised if you read the basic plot you might be fine. Won't need to do it until you're almost done with 2 though.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
alright people, since i figured we could all use some fun after recent events, i've decided to set up a smash ultimate arena

Arena Name: your mom
Password: 19182

so come on down!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 277171

My Part 2 articles always gets less views and comments then Part 1. Maybe cause it’s not about the character? Maybe it’s because it’s “been there, done that?” This is typically usual though and I’m not surprise that, given the circumstances, the viewership and stuff is done. Frankly, this article was finished for at least a month - did it during May but editing and fine tuning it takes a long time. In fact, I have July, August, and September completed but I’m shelving the series for the time being so the news team can focus on these allegations.

Thanks though for mentioning this! I recall appreciate for!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
WAIT CRAP I FORGOT TO SHARE THE ARENA ID

it's GNVD3

EDIT: the arena got closed so here's a new id: H30GR. name and password are the same

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
EDIT: the arena got closed so here's a new id: H30GR. name and password are the same[/QUOTE]
Going to try and join this in a few, but may leave shortly. If it’s open when I’m back, I’ll be trying to get more matches in later as well!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
EDIT: the arena got closed so here's a new id: H30GR. name and password are the same
Going to try and join this in a few, but may leave shortly. If it’s open when I’m back, I’ll be trying to get more matches in later as well![/QUOTE]
oh man i closed it due to lack of activity

it's fine. tell me when you're ready and i'll pull it back up

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Going to try and join this in a few, but may leave shortly. If it’s open when I’m back, I’ll be trying to get more matches in later as well!
oh man i closed it due to lack of activity

it's fine. tell me when you're ready and i'll pull it back up[/QUOTE]
Sure, I’ll be back later and if not I might open be myself if I get a chance

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh wait there’s another Korra comic...slight delay in finishing this Avatar marathon

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry to jump in like this but please send a prayer or a thought to the people of Japan. The southern island of Kyushu is experiencing torrential rain and flooding, in particular, the prefectures of Kumamoto and Kagoshima.

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200704_05/amp.html

My wife is from Kumamoto and I lived there for six years before taking up a new job closer to Tokyo. My in-laws are safe for now as they more north and have been spared from this flooding but we lived south (right in the path of this storm). I’ve been reaching out to my old friends and few have been reporting in but others, especially my more elderly friends, haven’t yet so I worry for them. Especially with evacuation efforts and COVID19.

They are saying this is a once in a decade deluge and the worse has yet to be seen. Sadly, Kumamoto suffered from earthquakes in 2016 from a period of April to August that destroyed large portions of the prefecture including greatly damaging my in-laws house.

I know the community is reeling from allegations and scandals but please spare a thought for those living there.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sup Kaye Cruiser

Strong Bad! It's good to see you, man! How've you been?

Hey, Strong Bad. Good to see you! Things are certainly shaping up to be...well, like the old proverbial curse says, we live in interesting times. I think that about sums it for me, anyways. Hope you're doing well.

Also, sup Kaye. Haven't seen you in a minute, either. Hope you're doing alright.

Smooth Criminal
Heya Smooth. I only pop up around here occasionally and even then, I tend to just lurk. It feels awkward if I try to interject and insert myself into any conversation going on. Even this little bit right now has me feeling my age a bit.

Still, good to see you guys. I hope you're holding it together in these incredibly odd, stressful and tiresome times. I'm doing what I can finanically, but a back and rib injury I got at my last job is giving me a lot of complications at this current job. Especially when blockheaded customers make ridiculous demands. I'll manage, though.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. Holiday or otherwise.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Heya Smooth. I only pop up around here occasionally and even then, I tend to just lurk. It feels awkward if I try to interject and insert myself into any conversation going on. Even this little bit right now has me feeling my age a bit.
This is the first time in a long time that I've even reared my ugly head around this place, nevermind any passive lurking. The average day-to-day keeps me occupied; despite being jobless for the past few months, there's been plenty for me to do around the house. I'll admit, there is some weird bit in my brain that feels slightly off about not getting a paycheck from a greater corporatized entity in exchange for forty hours or more of my life a week. Maybe it's the adulthood I've late-bloomed into talking, I dunno. Lot of things keep me distracted.

I will say, though, that despite my crust I don't feel my age too much when I post here. I can deny **** all I want, but I don't think I could ever truly forsake this part of my life. Current events have kinda put a fine point on it. Are there things I hate about this place? You bet, and I don't think I could ever love it again unconditionally, but I can't not love it at all.

If that makes sense.

Smooth Criminal

360°

Smash Rookie
You know what else isn't healthy? Subjecting yourself to a buncha toxic nonsense that trivializes serious matters like this one.
Who is subjecting themselves to a bunch of toxic nonsense? I was just arguing that echo chambers aren't good, because you keep indulging yourself into same-spirited matters. I'm not saying one should join and read in the ultimate subreddit, my intention was to take a jab at echo chambers in general.
I'm not trivializing any of these recent allegations. Quite the contrary.
There are no "two sides" to that, which is kind of what I was getting at with the echo chamber remark, lol
There are always two sides to everything. I hope you are talking about a) ignoring certain message boards/newsgroups/communities, etc. and b) welcoming all with open arms and never ignoring anything based on your preferences. Like the balance between these two completely opposite stances.
There are many ways to go about stuff like this, from complete ignorance and looking the other way to a more permeable one where you only stay out of certain topics/subforums, etc.
Same as the covid measures, there are a lot of ways to go about what and how many rules you put in, how strict you are, etc.
I hope you were referring to these matters, because else, I'm not able to follow ya on what you mean.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
360° 360°

That Boeing almost flew right over your head. Almost.

You recapitulated my point nicely in the second paragraph, however, sans my sarcastic and hyperbolic usage of echo chamber. Though I think if we start getting a little more specific in regards to certain things I might really lose you, so I'm gonna call it quits. I don't think either of us should be here doing mental gymnastics and overthinking ****.

And for the record, I did not presume you trivialized any of the current goings-on at all. Your earnestness kinda tells me otherwise. No, my point with saying that was more stating the obvious: Reducing all of the nuance and effed up-ness of it all to memes is, well, reductive. I don't wanna go somewhere where that's a thing. That's all. Bad for the headspace.

Smooth Criminal

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
alright so apparently ****ing trudermark of all people is also a pedo
Bro, not Youtube Poop drama. The last ****ing thing I thought would happen. Just expose all the ****ing child diddlers by this point, bring them all out, one by one, single file line, just shoot me in the heart with people I liked being scummy ass people.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Bro, not Youtube Poop drama. The last ****ing thing I thought would happen. Just expose all the ****ing child diddlers by this point, bring them all out, one by one, single file line, just shoot me in the heart with people I liked being scummy ass people.
this sucks

this legitimately ****ing sucks

now if you excuse me, i'm going to go have a Big Sad Moment (TM)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
this sucks

this legitimately ****ing sucks

now if you excuse me, i'm going to go have a Big Sad Moment (TM)
at least this was a self-expose, mans was at least strong enough to admit it without having instigation or pressure from anyone

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay seriously...

There's one place that keeps showing up.

Sky William's house.

For some reason, minors always seem to be there unsupervised. These incidents keep happening there.

What the **** is going on there?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay seriously...

There's one place that keeps showing up.

Sky William's house.

For some reason, minors always seem to be there unsupervised. These incidents keep happening there.

What the **** is going on there?
Sky? The Minecraft dude?

Why the **** are kids going in there?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sky? The Minecraft dude?

Why the **** are kids going in there?
Sky Williams

https://twitter.com/SkyWilliams?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

This guy.

He's had parties where underage sex and drinking happened. Jisu, the first person who accused Zero was living there at 15.

https://twitter.com/_liljezebel/status/1279179196518940672

This girl was apparently Zero's room mate at the time.

Sky says he never knew about any of these things, and I no long believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom