• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sky Williams

https://twitter.com/SkyWilliams?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

This guy.

He's had parties where underage sex and drinking happened. Jisu, the first person who accused Zero was living there at 15.

https://twitter.com/_liljezebel/status/1279179196518940672

This girl was apparently Zero's room mate at the time.

Sky says he never knew about any of these things, and I no long believe him.
the rabbit hole never ends

What are we discussing?
more people being outed, which is a shame

360°

Smash Rookie
She was my least favorite character in the original but the remake has made me so a complete 180 on her.
I wonder why? I didn't play the game yet, so I cdon't wanna take in any spoilers :( Is it because of her design? Or behaviour?
Would be cool if you just replied in a very tame matter, without revealing anything concerning the story. I heard the game is quite a bit different from what we know from the original.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wonder why? I didn't play the game yet, so I cdon't wanna take in any spoilers :( Is it because of her design? Or behaviour?
Would be cool if you just replied in a very tame matter, without revealing anything concerning the story. I heard the game is quite a bit different from what we know from the original.
Mainly her personality just feels much more dynamic and defined in the remake.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm with Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei on that one: Sky Williams needs to be investigated. Man's house is pratically Epstein's Island for Smash players, and yet, he didn't know about ANY of the many allegations that involved his house?

Miss me with that BS.
Bro you keep comparing him to Epstein he gonna end up like Epstein before we can figure it out. :skull:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry to jump in like this but please send a prayer or a thought to the people of Japan. The southern island of Kyushu is experiencing torrential rain and flooding, in particular, the prefectures of Kumamoto and Kagoshima.

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200704_05/amp.html

My wife is from Kumamoto and I lived there for six years before taking up a new job closer to Tokyo. My in-laws are safe for now as they more north and have been spared from this flooding but we lived south (right in the path of this storm). I’ve been reaching out to my old friends and few have been reporting in but others, especially my more elderly friends, haven’t yet so I worry for them. Especially with evacuation efforts and COVID19.

They are saying this is a once in a decade deluge and the worse has yet to be seen. Sadly, Kumamoto suffered from earthquakes in 2016 from a period of April to August that destroyed large portions of the prefecture including greatly damaging my in-laws house.

I know the community is reeling from allegations and scandals but please spare a thought for those living there.
That’s a lot to be going through, I hope everyone there can stay safe from the weather and COVID.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Okay seriously...

There's one place that keeps showing up.

Sky William's house.

For some reason, minors always seem to be there unsupervised. These incidents keep happening there.

What the **** is going on there?
Speaking of, Zero released an updated statement 10 minutes ago expressing all of the different points. Still reading it over.

360°

Smash Rookie
Mainly her personality just feels much more dynamic and defined in the remake.
Hm that goes for pretty much all the characters too, no ? WIth the updated graphics and cutscenes, it's much easier to portray personality than with the block graphics.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just ordered Lollipop Chainsaw, Wonderful 101 Remastered, Nier: Automata, and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. And thanks to a promo Gamestop is running, I also got Uncharted 4 for free!
So I guess the screen can’t be used as an excuse then...
I think I may have used a weird gameplay setting. Let me try setting the cursor to hasty.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Okay seriously...

There's one place that keeps showing up.

Sky William's house.

For some reason, minors always seem to be there unsupervised. These incidents keep happening there.

What the **** is going on there?
When I was 13-14 years old, which was 10 years ago, my parents wouldn't let me have internet friends. They were so paranoid that someone might take advantage of me and convince me to sneak away to do something with them that being on a forum like this or in some kind of chatroom was terrifying to them.

So it absolutely blows my goddamn mind that so many children were somehow given permission to go stay in hotel rooms or houses with adults who were complete strangers with no personal relation to the family at all. And the stories that are coming out are precisely why you never, ever do that. It's too big a risk to take.

Granted, people you know very well can always turn out to be abusers, too (and, if I recall correctly, that is indeed statistically more likely). But generally, family members are more trustworthy, than, you know, complete strangers who could be complete maniacs.

People, when you become parents, watch after your children. It's difficult, but it's your responsibility as a parent to always put your child's wellbeing above all else. There's no sense in being overly paranoid, but letting your child run off to another state to live with complete strangers is about as awful a decision as it gets. That's the kind of thing where, at the very worst, someone could end up dead.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Man, I need to get into some softer rock. I have a lot of hardcore or experimental on my playlist.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You got any more obscure recommendations? Or just anything at all. :p
Shoot. What did I recommend already? I can’t seem to find my post.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Now Paragon, owner of the PapaGenos server has been accused of sexual harassment against people including Sabi.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
CannonStreak CannonStreak To do a tl;dr of the document... ZeRo did do some cringeworthy things, but he's certainly not a predator like Nairo or Keitaro. He has also made many improvements since that time 6 or 7 years ago and will continue doing so hopefully.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CannonStreak CannonStreak To do a tl;dr of the document... ZeRo did do some cringeworthy things, but he's certainly not a predator like Nairo or Keitaro. He has also made many improvements since that time 6 or 7 years ago and will continue doing so hopefully.
Oh, I see. So what cringy things has he done?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since this is on everyone's minds, I'd like to say something.

Do not call these allegations "Cancel Culture". These are not the same as trying to ruin someone's career for saying something racist back in 1986 when they were 12. What we're seeing now is holding people accountable for their despicable actions that they committed, tried to cover up in any way they could, and sit upon it without any true remorse for what they did until they got caught, aka, being a total piece of ****.

Just remember that.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh, I see. So what cringy things has he done?
You didn't even read the letter then. You need to if you want the full picture.
He briefly flirted with a girl when she was 17 and he was 19. But as soon as she told him her true age, ZeRo backed off. Dirty pictures were never sent in the first place, as well. He still screwed up for sure, but isn't a predator.

He goes onto explain his social ineptitude and his rough childhood at the end of the letter, but that part is lengthy and heavy hitting to the point where I'm not sure if I can summarize it sufficiently.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You didn't even read the letter then. You need to if you want the full picture.
He briefly flirted with a girl when she was 17 and he was 19. But as soon as she told him her true age, ZeRo backed off. Dirty pictures were never sent in the first place, as well.

He goes onto explain his social ineptitude and his rough childhood at the end of the letter, but that part is lengthy and heavy hitting to the point where I'm not sure if I can summarize it sufficiently.
That is pretty much all I needed to know.

Now, if you excuse me, I am off to read about his rough childhood.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hm that goes for pretty much all the characters too, no ? WIth the updated graphics and cutscenes, it's much easier to portray personality than with the block graphics.
Well, there's something to be said of the writing for the original (spotty localization and other mitigating factors aside). Remake's storyboarding/writing gave her wayyyyyyy more of a glow-up in that regard beyond graphics and VO because of its sheer density. There is a goodly amount of exposition and watercooler moments besides the ones in the original game when we were first introduced to her. Hell, all of the characters in Remake got this treatment. I really want to respect your wishes and not spoil anything for you though, so believe me when I (we) tell you this: Not only is the tone/trajectory of the plot different this time around, but the characterization is as well.

That all said, I still dislike Aerith as a character, despite her being a lot more...palatable this time around. She still ticks off a couple of those saccharine anime trope boxes ("power of friendship," "pull yourself up by the bootstraps," etc) that annoy the hell out of me personally.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom