• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have you ever tried playing Persona? Those games are as linear as you can get.

With Persona 4's pc port it's a good time to get into.

Although the worst part of the pc version is that someone ****ed up the anime scenes because they lag way too much.
I would if my PC didn’t have less graphical power then a baby potato. I do have a vita though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno, personally, I'd get tired of having the exact same argument with the exact same person again after a week
Can relate.

Back at Forest Maze It was tiring to always have the same Max Brass and Sylux arguments with the same person who started them every single time.

Thank god I'm not there anymore.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just found out you need to use Pokemon Home to get the Shiny Zeraora.

I'm just too lazy to download Home.

D

Deleted member

Gonna put my phone to charge while I dress up with new clothes and think about what to do today before my parents wake up and stop me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of Covid, if you live in Florida, please be smart and stay safe. Idk what's going on down there, but seeing the numbers jump to the thousands on a daily basis is scary.
if only WWE cared enough
Nearly finished my first run of Jellyfish Fields in Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated. Still a fun game with gorgeous visuals but there are some performance issues.

But GOOD GOD the voice actors for Mr. Krabs and Mermaid Man are painfully awful (the former THQ had absolutely no excuses to let slide).
sucks they couldn’t re-record his lines
Freaking yikes. Can’t say I’m too surprised though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/hf7v4a
honestly pathetic
Sakurai's Pic of the Day featuring the Goddess of Nature herself.

Pitidi...more of it Nintendo and Sakurai
so close
Have you ever tried playing Persona? Those games are as linear as you can get.
and sexy music

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Seeing Dr. Baby Wario makes me wonder that Nintendo is so obsessed with clones instead of other unquie ones from the Mario spin-offs like Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country and Wario Land/Warioware.
(Looking at you Mario Kart.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh, my mother ****ing listened to me and is complaining about how I didn't let her sleep during the whole night even though I was the whole time with headphones, really lowered volume and legit standing still in my bed Up until now.

If even my breath annoys her to the point of no sleep why doesn't she just buy some headphones?

Anyways, had to lie to her and basically say I'm not going anywhere like 10 times before she left me dress up alone.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
What my Fighters Pass Vol. 2 would be like:
Fighter 6: Min-Min (ARMS)

Fighter 7: Bandana Dee (Kirby)

Fighter 8: Toxtricity (Pokemon)

Fighter 9: Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

Fighter 10: Rayman (Rayman)

Fighter 11: Heavy (Team Fortress)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got another picture done. This time it's MUI Goku. First time I ever drew this version of him too.

Update time. KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I usually want to try and say something regarding certain issues that we have in the thread, like Snake's anti-open world policy but I never do because I don't want to come off in a negative light.

It's a good thing we have a resident angry Kaman Rider lady who will take care of those kinds of things.

D

Deleted member

I think I already know where I want to go.

I usually want to try and say something regarding certain issues that we have in the thread, like Snake's anti-open world policy but I never do because I don't want to come off in a negative light.

It's a good thing we have a resident angry Kaman Rider lady who will take care of those kinds of things.
I basically never say anything because I find It smart to just not give attention to people who clearly seek to start stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I yell at people on the internet for love and peace

D

Deleted member

I remember when I was around 5 years old and I saw a bit of Superman 4 at the TV. Specifically the scene where Nuclear Man grabbed the statue of Liberty.

Even then I noticed It looked fake as ****.

And when 5 years old me also used to think the Donkey Kong Country show was stop motion, you know you ****ed up with the effects if even I can tell how fake they look.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like there's a difference here.

In a game like Crash, there's no real reason for it to be open world, it's a linear platform game. You run from point a to point b.

In Pokemon, well, it's a world, where you're meant to explore. Have you ever gone to the beach? Now imagine if you weren't allowed to go to the water and were forced to stay on a path, where you couldn't even stick your feet in the sand... is that fun? If I go outside... I want to 'go outside' and not be limited to a little area. If I go in the woods to explore, then, I want to 'explore'. Forcing you on a path kills the illusion of 'exploration'. Pokemon has always been an adventure in the wild, you're trucking through the wilderness from town to town on a goal.

And honestly, that's the thing. Pokemon is, even with the wild area, still linear as ****. You have one goal that you can't stray from. Even if the Wild Area exists, you cannot fight the gyms out of order, and you MUST do the story.

Like, I'd get your argument about Pokemon, if it made sense, but outside of the map being 'big', Pokemon is still, and has always been, a linear as hell game.
Hell even if Gamefreak Made every route a wild area like place the games will still never stray from that formula because Game Freak.Story is also going to be linear and there definitely won’t be leaving curbing.

Isle of Armor proves all of that. Because honestly Game Freak is not modernized enough to actually know how to code like that(imo) and have very different morals it seems when it comes to game design.

Like they are the same company that said the switch won’t sell because cellphones. The battle frontier can’t come back because cell phones.

Unfortunately Gamefreak is very out of touch and will probably never get in the modern age. So why SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 are you upset?

Also outside of Zelda and Xenoblade, every Nintendo game is still linear. The worlds just got bigger. Like Oddessy for example. The areas are huge but you can’t choose different paths and alter the story, all progression is still tied to one objective. So there’s plenty of games to play, even from 3rd parties. Personally I’d recommend Ace Attorney, although capcom has other great series like Resident Evil. I genuinely don’t know what Namco really does outside of making fighting games now a days and helping other companies.
Square Enix makes mostly linear and great RPGs. Sega exists. Konami I also don’t have much ideas on. Atlus as stated also make plenty of great linear titles. These are all games and companies discussed here so give them a try.

But tbh I’m not sure why you joined here when you dislike almost everything about the site’s user’s tastes. Still there’s plenty of fun games you can try and see what you like.
Meanwhile, Resetera is being salty of Min-Min getting into Smash over Twintelle because "Muh person of colour".
It’s pretty sad most people only wanted Twintelle because of her color. Would it have been cool? Yes, but the point of equality is that her race shouldn’t be why she gets in. She has a great design, fun stage, unique background, and pretty different fighting style. All which would have been solid reasons to choose her.

However I still think Min-Min deserved just as much for similar reasons. Both are good characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I'm not too huge on Open World games either. The exceptions to that are Super Hero games. Since fighting crime in a city fits it like a glove and heroes like Spider-Man have fitting powers/cool movement options to make traveling such a large area actually fun. Now if only we can get another Solo Hulk game.

Though not every Hero franchise needs to be Open World, we had more level based Spider-Man action games. And honestly, my ideal X-Men game(that isn't another fighting game) would be a DMC type of deal where you character switch on the fly instead weapon switch.

D

Deleted member

My mother legit just closed the house's Door and took the Keys with her so I could not leave the house.

The goddam *****
Z7HeRxU.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As for game's not appealing to me, There's plenty of **** like that. With the wide variety of genres, subgenres, people, and artstyles, it'd be foolish to think every single game will be up your alley. Not that I can't get my hopes up, ha ha.

Nearly every major game conference is bound to disappoint to some extent, I feel like I could usually count on one hand the amount of games I'd be super jazzed about. But that's fine. Sometimes you only really need a couple of major things.

I do feel like the PS5 stuff was cooler than I was expecting, Spider-Man: Miles, R&C, Oddworld being the major cool ones. But that Derby Car game, and Kena seem kind of cool too. Tho I sure as hell ain't buying a system as soon as it comes out.

I'm just glad the last few years gave us titles like DMC5, MM11, Spider-Man PS4, Samus Returns, DBFZ and Smash Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Ok, after a heavy argument with my parents which should have never happened about them getting mad as **** about not saying "I'm going for a walk" I managed to convince them to let me go out.

What a lovely way to start a day, getting stressed before even going out just because your parents need to be told you are going to a walk.

****ing hell, I hope this ends as soon as possible.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You could just be like me and not buy games that often because you're stingy with money. Here's a complete list of games I bought so far in 2020.

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons

...Actually that's really kind of sad. I need to play more games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You could just be like me and not buy games that often because you're stingy with money. Here's a complete list of games I bought so far in 2020.

Play Wild Guns if you got the Nintendo Online stuff. It's pretty cool.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I feel you. Sometimes it feels like I have no time to play new games and when I do, I just return to the same three games I played for a million times.

D

Deleted member

I feel you. Sometimes it feels like I have no time to play new games and when I do, I just return to the same three games I played for a million times.
Yeah, I feel ya too.

I wish I had enough time to play Sakura Wars PS4 too, but since my parents are the kind of people who get pissed at the idea of their son playing Kingdom Hearts because It has Winnie The Pooh I need to play It secretly so I don't get in trouble over arguments which should never exist at all.

And as such I have to Mission Impossible my way through to play any game I want.

Shroob

Sup?
I still only have Ultimate for my Switch.

Well, that's not entirely true. I have Baba is You for a puzzle game, and I bought that Clubhouse 51 game so me and my sister could have a co-op game when she visits.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've mostly been focused on drawing stuff recently. I should get back to playing games soon.

I keep telling myself that, but then I never do it. Last game I really played was Mega Man Extreme a few weeks ago(the time before that, last time I beat that game was like a year ago I think). But I least I can beat Extreme mode in a little over an hour still.

I was playing Mario World and Wild Guns earlier too.

Shroob

Sup?
I do wonder when our first post-'Rona Direct will be.

I feel fairly confident that the next character will be out before October comes to an end(If it isn't, then they'll probably need to extend the projected end date).

So August seems likely, I just wonder if July could be plausible too. Outside of Pokemon.... we still really don't know 'anything' Nintendo was planning to show at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom