• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
To change the topic,
what mii fighter would replicate the “oh my god they actually did it” feeling Sans gave people?
In my opinion maybe a popular 3rd party could do it, but I doubt it. It would have to be a 4th party character to really replicate that feeling.
Jotaro mii outfits, anyone?

Hey, when you rustle the hive, you're gonna get stung.

Also, Helix or bust.
Guess we gonna bust huh

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nah, just a couple ResetERA dudes came out and confirmed it's 100% not Helix iirc.
Then we really are bustin.

Oh well. Next character, then.

Edit: IF THAT NOODLE ***** WON I'M SELLING SMASH

Edit 2: no seriously who is it?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not everything is a personal attack on your tastes, Snake. This is just the natural progression of the pokemon franchise.

And I thought you weren't that big of a poke fan anyway.
I liked what I played in Sword and Shield. I still like the character designs and the world. I was excited to play potential DLC and future installments. But now I wouldn't be able to enjoy either and that disappoints me. I also have just seen a lot of general hatred towards linear games, with people using the term linear like it's a flaw. Which is upsetting to someone who just doesn't like open worlds and exploration and feels that they take away from cohesive and interesting game design. And if the natural progression of the pokemon franchise means boring open world design where depth and story are sacraficed for the sake of "exploration" and "customization" then I don't know what I ever saw in the franchise to begin with.

Shroob

Sup?
I liked what I played in Sword and Shield. I still like the character designs and the world. I was excited to play potential DLC and future installments. But now I wouldn't be able to enjoy either and that disappoints me. I also have just seen a lot of general hatred towards linear games, with people using the term linear like it's a flaw. Which is upsetting to someone who just doesn't like open worlds and exploration and feels that they take away from cohesive and interesting game design. And if the natural progression of the pokemon franchise means boring open world design where depth and story are sacraficed for the sake of "exploration" and "customization" then I don't know what I ever saw in the franchise to begin with.
Sword and Shield had depth and story?

I'm not sorry.

Shroob

Sup?
Then we really are bustin.

Oh well. Next character, then.

Edit: IF THAT NOODLE ***** WON I'M SELLING SMASH

Edit 2: no seriously who is it?
Who is it? To be frank

They know 'who' it is, but all they've said is that "Saying the gender would make it too obvious".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Completely ignoring Joe's point altogether.
How? He's saying that the open world design is superior to the linear routes in the original title and that he wants it to be the future of the series. Meaning that if you like the linear routes in SwSh you're basically screwed and he only cares about the game being what he wants it to be, ignoring the fact that some people don't get what they like nearly as often and maybe we should leave them the few scraps of bread crusts they have left in the gaming landscape.

Sorry. I just needed to vent. This kind of thing has been on my mind a lot as of late with the announcement of Crash 4 potentially happening at any moment. And I just.... get frustrated. I can't help it. It's learned behavior from a lifetime of perceived aggression. And the meds and therapy can only help so much with something ingrained that deep. I'll try to keep it off the boards in the future though. It just breeds arguments.
Sword and Shield had depth and story?

I'm not sorry.
Yeah.... I kind of stopped talking about Pokemon at that point..... kind of undermines my points....

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Saying the gender would make it too obvious".
Helix died for a cup of waifu noodles. 2020 continues to dive deeper into hell. :138:

I'm not actually mad, but I was really hoping Helix made it in, like as a costume or something. But it's alright, I guess.

Shroob

Sup?
Helix died for a cup of waifu noodles. 2020 continues to dive deeper into hell. :138:

I'm not actually mad, but I was really hoping Helix made it in, like as a costume or something. But it's alright, I guess.
It could also be Springman.

Not like anyone really talks about any other dude aside from him.

It's a 4 way split between Springman/Ribbon Girl/Twintelle/Min Min I guess.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Nobody talks about Max Brass or Dr Coyle’s chances. They’re literally the only two characters that represent the story whatsoever.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Have you met /v/?

They took Max Brass as their front runner, taking up Ugly Steve's reigns from the past.
Nope!
I don't even play ARMS, I just like Helix because he looks like Flubber.
Thats not a bad reason to want a character. I only wanted Saki Amamiya at first because they looked cool.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nobody talks about Max Brass or Dr Coyle’d chances. They’re literally the only two characters that represent the story whatsoever.
I feel like they've got the best chances if having a spirit disqualifies a character from becoming DLC.

The problem is that I don't think that having a spirit disqualifies a character. (I feel like it would be silly to rule out 1000+ characters because each one has a single PNG image in the game) This DLC should prove whether or not that's the case, since so far, we haven't really had anything to confirm it either way. (Mewtwo and Lucas were promoted from trophy status in Smash 4, but they were series veterans, so that might be a different situation)

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I feel like they've got the best chances if having a spirit disqualifies a character from becoming DLC.

The problem is that I don't think that having a spirit disqualifies a character. (I feel like it would be silly to rule out 1000+ characters because each one has a single PNG image in the game) This DLC should prove whether or not that's the case, since so far, we haven't really had anything to confirm it either way. (Mewtwo and Lucas were promoted from trophy status in Smash 4, but they were series veterans, so that might be a different situation)
You’re right. We’ll see.
Still think they’re more likely than some of the spirits, however. Like Ninjara.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh joy a Helix vs Kabuto war.

Have I time traveled back to 2014? Should I start preparing for Pidgeot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom