• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>playing animal crossing
>needs new wallpaper for house
>goes to store
>buys wrapping paper
>"Why can't I put this on my w--"
View attachment 272923
Well, on the bright side, my home is far more comfy than it was before.
Rip, but glad it’d looking good!

Btw, are you interested in that diner wallpaper, ‘cause I can mail that to ya.

D

Deleted member

Got better chance to survive than Phone Guy atleast.

Great job on the shading btw, make the picture way cooler than it would be without it.
Thanks, haha. Lighting is a really hard part to do. lol Had I had more time it probably would’ve looked better but I’m glad it looks nice here nonetheless!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Rip, but glad it’d looking good!

Btw, are you interested in that diner wallpaper, ‘cause I can mail that to ya.
Nah I'm good.

I'm trying to be a little slow right now cause Nook just filled my plate with a bunch of **** I need to do.

I got the bridge in place, three house plots in place, and now I guess I have to make the furniture for the houses as well. So, I'm more focused on that than my house.

Besides, I'm pretty happy with what I got right now. I'll post a screenshot in a few. The only thing missing is a rug.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I tried making a roster if we got a Marvel vs. DC game. Mind you, there are probably too many characters for it to be feasible, and even then, I likely left out a bunch, but I gave it a shot.

The plot would be Darkseid discovering that the Old Gods didn't die, but in fact, they went to a different universe. (the origin story of the New Gods heavily implies that the gods that preceded them were Marvel's Norse pantheon, complete with a shot of Thor's helmet) Wanting to remove a potential threat to his power, he attempts to follow them to this other universe, resulting in a tear in space-time that causes the Marvel and DC universes to overlap. The Justice League and Avengers investigate this disturbance, while the Legion of Doom and various unaffiliated villains take advantage of this to accomplish their goals.

Marvel

1. Iron Man
2. The Hulk
3. Captain America
4. Thor
5. Ant-Man
6. The Wasp
7. Black Panther
8. Captain Marvel
9. Scarlet Witch
10. The Vision
11. Hawkeye
12. Black Widow
13. Ms. Marvel
14. Loki
15. Hela
16. Ultron
17. Kang the Conqueror
18. Spider-Man
19. Green Goblin
20. Dr. Octopus
21. Venom
22. Wolverine
23. Storm
24. Phoenix
25. Cable
26. Deadpool
27. Magneto
28. Mr. Fantastic
29. The Thing
30. Doctor Doom
31. Doctor Strange
32. Shuma Gorath
33. Squirrel Girl
34. Rocket Raccoon
35. Thanos

DC

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Green Lantern
6. Aquaman
7. Martian Manhunter
8. Hawkgirl
9. Shazam
10. Nightwing
11. Starfire
12. Cyborg
13. Raven
14. Beast Boy
15. Zatanna
16. Supergirl
17. Catwoman
18. Swamp Thing
19. Green Arrow
20. Black Canary
21. The Joker
22. Lex Luthor
23. Cheetah
24. Captain Cold
25. Sinestro
26. Black Manta
27. Black Adam
28. Harley Quinn
29. Poison Ivy
30. Bane
31. Clayface
32. Gorilla Grodd
33. Deathstroke
34. Brainiac
35. Darkseid

I'd make a roster image, but I'm finding it hard to find icons for the DC characters - I can't seem to find any for Injustice 2 in the roster maker topic, and there are some who weren't in any Injustice game, like Beast Boy or Clayface.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I tried making a roster if we got a Marvel vs. DC game. Mind you, there are probably too many characters for it to be feasible, and even then, I likely left out a bunch, but I gave it a shot.

The plot would be Darkseid discovering that the Old Gods didn't die, but in fact, they went to a different universe. (the origin story of the New Gods heavily implies that the gods that preceded them were Marvel's Norse pantheon, complete with a shot of Thor's helmet) Wanting to remove a potential threat to his power, he attempts to follow them to this other universe, resulting in a tear in space-time that causes the Marvel and DC universes to overlap. The Justice League and Avengers investigate this disturbance, while the Legion of Doom and various unaffiliated villains take advantage of this to accomplish their goals.

Marvel

1. Iron Man
2. The Hulk
3. Captain America
4. Thor
5. Ant-Man
6. The Wasp
7. Black Panther
8. Captain Marvel
9. Scarlet Witch
10. The Vision
11. Hawkeye
12. Black Widow
13. Ms. Marvel
14. Loki
15. Hela
16. Ultron
17. Kang the Conqueror
18. Spider-Man
19. Green Goblin
20. Dr. Octopus
21. Venom
22. Wolverine
23. Storm
24. Phoenix
25. Cable
26. Deadpool
27. Magneto
28. Mr. Fantastic
29. The Thing
30. Doctor Doom
31. Doctor Strange
32. Shuma Gorath
33. Squirrel Girl
34. Rocket Raccoon
35. Thanos

DC

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Green Lantern
6. Aquaman
7. Martian Manhunter
8. Hawkgirl
9. Shazam
10. Nightwing
11. Starfire
12. Cyborg
13. Raven
14. Beast Boy
15. Zatanna
16. Supergirl
17. Catwoman
18. Swamp Thing
19. Green Arrow
20. Black Canary
21. The Joker
22. Lex Luthor
23. Cheetah
24. Captain Cold
25. Sinestro
26. Black Manta
27. Black Adam
28. Harley Quinn
29. Poison Ivy
30. Bane
31. Clayface
32. Gorilla Grodd
33. Deathstroke
34. Brainiac
35. Darkseid

I'd make a roster image, but I'm finding it hard to find icons for the DC characters - I can't seem to find any for Injustice 2 in the roster maker topic, and there are some who weren't in any Injustice game, like Beast Boy or Clayface.
1/10 no Plastic Man.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Marvel

1. Iron Man
2. The Hulk
3. Captain America
4. Thor
5. Ant-Man
6. The Wasp
7. Black Panther
8. Captain Marvel
9. Scarlet Witch
10. The Vision
11. Hawkeye
12. Black Widow
13. Ms. Marvel
14. Loki
15. Hela
16. Ultron
17. Kang the Conqueror
18. Spider-Man
19. Green Goblin
20. Dr. Octopus
21. Venom
22. Wolverine
23. Storm
24. Phoenix
25. Cable
26. Deadpool
27. Magneto
28. Mr. Fantastic
29. The Thing
30. Doctor Doom
31. Doctor Strange
32. Shuma Gorath
33. Squirrel Girl
34. Rocket Raccoon
35. Thanos

DC

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Green Lantern
6. Aquaman
7. Martian Manhunter
8. Hawkgirl
9. Shazam
10. Nightwing
11. Starfire
12. Cyborg
13. Raven
14. Beast Boy
15. Zatanna
16. Supergirl
17. Catwoman
18. Swamp Thing
19. Green Arrow
20. Black Canary
21. The Joker
22. Lex Luthor
23. Cheetah
24. Captain Cold
25. Sinestro
26. Black Manta
27. Black Adam
28. Harley Quinn
29. Poison Ivy
30. Bane
31. Clayface
32. Gorilla Grodd
33. Deathstroke
34. Brainiac
35. Darkseid

Why not just make them and save it to your editor? I've done it multiple times. You just need a decent picture, and MSPaint with a few windows. As long as you're on a desktop or laptop.

IconBigMouth.png
Here's an example of one I did ages ago.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We all start somewhere.

For this, I obviously went with a wood theme, because when designing rooms, and this goes for any game with room design, I like to pick a theme to build around, and when it comes to what I can make right now, the wood objects are plentiful, so I decided to choose this. I really would appreciate a carpet though, like a welcome mat or something.

@Taylor F Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Edit: I added the whiteboard because in game, you're an islander manager of sorts, so I felt that this would make sense to have in my home because it would allow to to post future plans and such.

In the corner is a box and a water container. I felt that having these items tucked away in the corner adds some depth to the home, like storage.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1/10 no Plastic Man.
Haha like I said, I'm not as familiar with DC's properties as I am with Marvel's, so I wasn't sure who to leave out. (Clayface might have been excessive, since there were already plenty of Batman villains in there, but I really want to see how he'd work in a fighting game)

D

Deleted member

We all start somewhere.

For this, I obviously went with a wood theme, because when designing rooms, and this goes for any game with room design, I like to pick a theme to build around, and when it comes to what I can make right now, the wood objects are plentiful, so I decided to choose this. I really would appreciate a carpet though, like a welcome mat or something.

Edit: I added the whiteboard because in game, you're an islander manager of sorts, so I felt that this would make sense to have in my home because it would allow to to post future plans and such.

In the corner is a box and a water container. I felt that having these items tucked away in the corner adds some depth to the home, like storage.
Yoooo, this looks really good! Already way better than my place. LOL Keep it up!

And if I find a carpet/mat I’ll be sure to get it for ya! :)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We all start somewhere.

Nice job! I dig how this looks! Also, I can play today. Just tag me whenever you want.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Haha like I said, I'm not as familiar with DC's properties as I am with Marvel's, so I wasn't sure who to leave out. (Clayface might have been excessive, since there were already plenty of Batman villains in there, but I really want to see how he'd work in a fighting game)
This is funny as Plastic Man can kinda work like Clayface but not big bodied assuming no projectiles are used

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wish they'd use the whole wide Mario universe for more spinoffs than just phone games. Sure would love this in **** like Mario Kart.
That’s why Mario sluggers was so good. They pulled from the greater Mario, donkey Kong, and yoshi series. Making for a really great roster. Wish more spinoffs did that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I made an image for my Marvel vs. DC roster, though I had to custom-make the icons for about half of the DC line-up, so they're radically different from each other in terms of quality and art style.

I'm a bit worried that six Batman villains might have been overdoing it, though Catwoman rarely if ever counts as a villain nowadays. I could have used the Injustice icon for Aquaman, but I prefer his bearded barbarian look. I probably missed plenty of characters aside from Plastic Man.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So angry right now
i was finally about to get 9.9 in classic mode, because I had managed to get 9.8 before I even reached the boss.
So it turns out that they don’t have to add to your score

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So angry right now
i was finally about to get 9.9 in classic mode, because I had managed to get 9.8 before I even reached the boss.
So it turns out that they don’t have to add to your score
If you die at any point before the boss, you can only get a 9.8 at most. If you reach 9.9, get to the boss, and then die, you can use a classic ticket to keep the difficulty at that point. (that's how I beat classic on 9.9 with Ganondorf)

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
If you die at any point before the boss, you can only get a 9.8 at most. If you reach 9.9, get to the boss, and then die, you can use a classic ticket to keep the difficulty at that point. (that's how I beat classic on 9.9 with Ganondorf)
Well I didn’t die before I got to the boss, so if I just got unlucky and stopped right before I got to 9.9. Oof. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Disney+ vs HBO Max

...the war...it begins today...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs Do you have any tips for Hammond?
If you want to annoy the crap out of the enemy, just act like a metronome, bouncing back and forth at the choke point.

Other than that, I have no other tips. Ball is one of my most hated characters. Absolutely annoying to fight and doesnt fit my playstyle either.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
*whispers*

Dont play Hammond. You're better than this.
Is he a cheap character or something?

If you want to annoy the crap out of the enemy, just act like a metronome, bouncing back and forth at the choke point.

Other than that, I have no other tips. Ball is one of my most hated characters. Absolutely annoying to fight and doesnt fit my playstyle either.
I mean, it’s effective I suppose, but honestly I’d rather do something different as than ain’t fun for anyone. On top of that that strategy requires zero brain cells.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Caught what was my first shiny ever in GO yesterday:
8DABFA4F-2D50-4D1E-9992-DA606C8DDC8E.png

Still have it today as a purugly I’m home, all the way from pearl

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, I've done it! All of the houses now have their furniture interior and exterior. That was fun, and relatively simple.

I also caught my first wasp! Now that I know how to sprint, I figured out the formula of how to accomplish it. I then caught another one shortly after. I'll be keeping one for the museum.

Anyways, now that the business is done, I want to start up a fruit orchid. I didn't know that fruits were used in creating furniture. So, I've decided on the outer side of the island, I'll be starting up the process of this farm.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Is he a cheap character or something?

I mean, it’s effective I suppose, but honestly I’d rather do something different as than ain’t fun for anyone. On top of that that strategy requires zero brain cells.
The braindead strategy path is unfortunately the most effective way to play Ball. That's why people despise him.

D

Deleted member

Nearly done assigning movesets to the Pokemon, only egg moves and half of the TMs missing, Gonna be taking a break though, to avoid getting too burnt out by it.

Unsure if I should work on my AC island or play some Overwatch. Haven't played it once since the even started.

D

Deleted member

I also caught my first wasp! Now that I know how to sprint, I figured out the formula of how to accomplish it. I then caught another one shortly after. I'll be keeping one for the museum.
You can also just shake the tree while holding the net. That way you can swing it immediately when you character turns towards the wasp. No running needed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to hate fighting Moira, but I gained a new respect for her and her mains after recently picking her up myself.

Yeah, her abilities are pretty straightforward, but she's more effective when you learn how to make better use of her orb (still trying to learn the physics and mechanics of that one) and when and where to use her abilities in conjunction. Besides her main attack doesn't do damage that quickly unless you're playing a Hero with super low HP. Even then you've got to stay unpredictable to be effective against an experienced player. Either that, or just use it to assist a teammate in taking out an enemy or two.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You can also just shake the tree while holding the net. That way you can swing it immediately when you character turns towards the wasp. No running needed.
I usually don't have my net out when I'm shaking it because when I collect fruits, I'm usually getting wood too.

But that's good to know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We all start somewhere.

Looks like your moving on up
tenor (56).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom