• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, and getting an Eastern audience to go "I wanna play as Superman" is more achievable? Marvel VS Capcom seems to have only happened because of the fact that Capcom was making a lot of Marvel games at the time, and eventually they sneaked in one crossover that morphed into the series now. From today's standards, it doesn't seem like that would happen on a whim, nor would the concept probably ever occur to anyone.

Though I don't know the full history, I'm making a lot of assumptions here.

Again, it's only entertaining if we accept it as the pipe dream that will never happen as it is.
...... getting Jump to agree to the game with DC is infinitely more likely than convincing two media giants with the biggest rival in media history to put down their pitchforks and work together.

Also. We need to stop treating Japan as this unflinching monolith that can’t be swayed into liking something from America with good marketing. If America can like things from japan with good marketing, then the reverse is equally achievable.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but your being needlessly aggressive about this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
..... getting Jump to agree to the game with DC is infinitely more likely than convincing two media giants with the biggest rival in media history to put down their pitchforks and work together.
Marvel and DC have worked together several times in the past, they're not in the mode where they want to kill each other, they've learned to coexist.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but your being needlessly aggressive about this.
Aggressive how? I'm just being honest. :127:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Small update from last time. The brooch on the Pink costume looks like a freaking bell.

Otherwise, pretty much the same. The bell took a while to get just right. Since the original size is up to 9x9 pixels wide, I only have so much I can work with. Everything is double-sized here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Captain Falcon (F-Zero) vs. Ryo Saeba (City Hunter)
Theme: Bounty Hunters

Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) vs. Kondou Isao (Gintama)
Theme: Gorillas

Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda) vs. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
Theme: Unkillable Antagonists

Goku (Dragon Ball Z) vs. Kirby (Kirby)
Theme: Planets Saviors

Isaac (Golden Sun) vs. Gaara (Naruto)
Theme: Geokinetic Fighters

King Dedede (Kirby) vs. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Theme: Trolls

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) vs. Blackbeard (One Piece)
Theme: Evil Pirates

Link (The Legend of Zelda) vs. Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventures)
Theme: Stoic Silent Protagonists

Max Brass (ARMS) vs. All-Might (My Hero Academia)
Theme: Inspirational Heroes

Medusa (Kid Icarus) vs. Orochimaru (Naruto)
Theme: Serpentine Antagonists

Meta Knight (Kirby) vs. Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)
Theme: Honorable Rivals

Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch) vs Ryotsu (Kochikame)
Theme: Old School Fighters

Spring Man (ARMS) vs. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Theme: Stretchy Fighters

Ness (EarthBound) vs. Gon Freecss (HunterxHunter)
Theme: Adventurous Kids

Ridley (Metroid) vs. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
Theme: Genocidal Aliens

Palutena (Kid Icarus) vs. Saori Kido (Saint Seiya)
Theme: Divine Mentors

Pichu (Pokemon) vs. Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
Theme: Self-Hurting Fighters

Pikachu (Pokemon) vs. Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter)
Theme: Electric Fighters

Pit (Kid Icarus) vs. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Theme: Gods Chosen Champions

Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) vs. Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Theme: Samurais

Wario (WarioWare) vs Kagura (Gintama)
Theme: Gluttons

Yoshi (Yoshi) vs. Toriko (Toriko)
Theme: Big Eaters

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marvel and DC have worked together several times in the past, they're not in the mode where they want to kill each other, they've learned to coexist.

Aggressive how? I'm just being honest. :127:
You can be honest without being aggressive.

Also, Marvel and DC have not gone near each other since they were acquired by both Disney and Warner Bros. DC and Marvel might be chill. But their parent companies will never allow it because at this point their rivalry is bitter and fierce.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That doesn't answer my question.

Also, Marvel and DC have not gone near each other since they were acquired by both Disney and Warner Bros. DC and Marvel might be chill. But their parent companies will never allow it because at this point their rivalry is bitter and fierce.
You never clarified it being between Disney VS Warner until now. On that aspect, I can agree with the parent companies, but not with the regular companies that distribute comic books and the like.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That doesn't answer my question.

You never clarified it being between Disney VS Warner until now. On that aspect, I can agree with the parent companies, but not with the regular companies that distribute comic books and the like.
And since those parent companies would be required to be involved with any multimedia productions outside of comics, Sadly, it won’t happen.

I guess it’s your tone.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dwane the Rock Johnson as Freddy Fazbear
"Hey Scott, can you tell me who was the victim of the Bite of 87?"

"Oh sure, it was-

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT'S NAME WAS"

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
tfw you're trying to finish your research paper and you've accomplished to type a full sentence three hours after you started: :2gud:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are there any new and interesting Smash leaks? I don’t even care if their fake. I just want something interesting to speculate on. I feel like we’ve covered every corner of the known gaming landscape.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
tfw you're trying to finish your research paper and you've accomplished to type a full sentence three hours after you started: :2gud:
D2SgdlCU8AELZoi.png

It is possible to learn this power?

D

Deleted member

lowkey if i was a better modeller id be modelling fnaf dwayne the rock johnson rn

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It would probably be a bit pointless for me to type up my idea for a Marvel vs. Jump roster, since I've already done that here.

When it comes to DC, I feel like I'm not familiar enough with DC as a whole to come up with a roster that covers as much ground as possible. The Injustice games might help, but I wouldn't want to just copy the roster from those. (plus, I'd probably wind up throwing in a few oddball picks like Starro the Conqueror or Detective Chimp)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also Mortal Kombat vs. Injustice.

Unlike MK vs. DC Universe, it would not be holding back.
unless DC and WB are now willing to let Batman get his head ripped off...pretty sure there will be a massive hold back...

...tho most of the rest could still get it based on Apokolips War
For a minute I thought you were referring to Hinata from Naruto.

Also doesn't Daisy have brown hair?
Daisy has had orange hair for quite a long time now

Marvel and DC still have their universes connected to one another via comics, 2 X-Men movies are on HBO Max right now, and Warner Bros published all the Lego Marvel games...more than likely its Marvel and DC themselves who don’t really feel like doing anything beyond these...well Disney doesn’t want Marvel stuff past Disney+, so they’re kinda unable to stop that

tho outside the movies, don't think Disney and Warner Bros really do much to limit the big comic boys from crossing over

D

Deleted member

I see Jump talk and now I really wanna play Ultimate Stars again. Shame that the series got ditched for generic Bamco arena brawlers. And while at it, bring back some Black Cat characters.

I'm still waiting for a sequel to the manga. No, that Eve knockoff from To-Love Ru doesn't count.

In other somewhat related news, I bought the first volume of Spice & Wolf.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Been a while since a name change. Didn't have many fun options, so I went with Beth Uriel, a Ghost. And a literal Ghost girl.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've never played any Shonen Jump crossover games, except one of the mobile games, that includes almost 100 series. I'd be down for a new 2D fighter, whether it be just Jump, or Jump vs someone else.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing animal crossing
>needs new wallpaper for house
>goes to store
>buys wrapping paper
>"Why can't I put this on my w--"
df2da37278e0270d873015fb5613e57a.jpg

Well, on the bright side, my home is far more comfy than it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom