• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
DC Comics vs Shonen Jump. A new fighting game crossover event. Best of the best of East meets west.

I wonder what studio would best handle such a project? Some sort of NRS/ASW collaboration?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DC Comics vs Shonen Jump. A new fighting game crossover event. Best of the best of East meets west.

I wonder what studio would best handle such a project? Some sort of NRS/ASW collaboration?
This or vs. Nintendo (Super Smash Bros.) are ones I really want to see.

Also Nintendo (Super Smash Bros.) vs. Capcom (I feel this will be inevitable eventually and that's a good thing. How it has yet to happened I'll never know).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So for those who curious about the Xenoblade 1 remake, the Metacritic score is up.

Xenoblade Metacritic Reviews.

Kinda expected but hey there's always room for improvement.
I'm going to think about getting something else as well.

Although I'm a little hungry for Smash Bros news.
There are only two critical reviews, and even then they were saying either "Wouldn't recommend for casuals" or "Switch has too many RPGs".

But, it's Xenoblade 1, everyone loves a little Xenoblade 1. We still stay far away from 2 to this day tho

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm sold if John Constantine vs. Allen Walker dream match turns to reality.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We both know Infinite don't count on the account of it being garbo.

It's been almost a decade since a real Mahvel, their turn time has reset
Infinite’s gameplay was amazing, and I personally love the roster, just wish it were bigger.

But to your point, why not give Marvel another vs Capcom game? Why can’t DC take Jump?

D

Deleted member

I'd put DC with SEGA or SNK.

Come on, those three companies all have blue logos. Seems like a no brainer.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But to your point, why not give Marvel another vs Capcom game? Why can’t DC take Jump?
Because we are all pawns in a bigger opportunity with greater benefits to reap. More realistic, and way more fun.

1590588542280.png

IT'S MAHVEL VERSUS DEESEE BAYBEE

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
This or vs. Nintendo are ones I really want to see.

Also Nintendo (Super Smash Bros.) vs. Capcom (I feel this will be inevitable eventually and that's a good thing. How it has yet to happened I'll never know).
can i be completely honest

i've never been interested in nintendo vs capcom

the idea never made me go "oh yeah this'd be super cool". i guess it's because it feels kinda....repetitive, i might wanna say?

like, the capcom side would probably be cool, but the nintendo side would just be full of faces we already see in smash. and if i wanna play as mario in a multi-company crossover fighting game, i'd go play as mario in smash bros

so unless they added a few nintendo characters that aren't in smash, can't say i'd be very interested

i'd much rather have another mahvel, or a new cvs, or even sega vs capcom

if nvc does happen, i'll probably just pray to the good lord above that they finally add a power stone character to a single goddamned vs game

that said

I'm sold if John Constantine vs. Allen Walker dream match turns to reality.
if dc vs jump happened, i'd be excited for the dc side on the sole basis of john constantine

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I posted this a while ago in a PM but I think it's relevent.
This is a good list.

For me I think it’d be the same just with Kamek and Metal Mario in the second tier, and Goomba in the last.

Although I guess Goomba’s absence is kinda weird, too. If he can swing a bat, he can drive a kart, right? Among the newer games, at least he’s in Super Mario Party I guess...I don’t have that game...

And why is the blue Magikoopa in Sluggers not Kamek ;-;

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay I didn't expect to have to explain this.

On a sales front, on a realistic front, on an appeal front, and on a mechanical game front, Marvel VS DC brings more to the table IMO.
So that’s what your asking for. Wasn’t very clear. I would love a Marvel vs DC fighter. But no way you’ll ever get Disney and Warner Bros to stop fighting and do it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby SEGA is officially releasing a lot of pfp icons on their website, and a good chunk of them are from many Sakura Wars titles

https://sega.jp/special/tw60th/

Wanted to share It with you since you seem to be really interested about Sakura Wars as I am.
This reminds me that how SEGA has some of my favorite games ever: Sonic, Persona, Yakuza, Super Monkey Ball, House of Dead...

1590589114933.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would love a Marvel vs DC fighter. But no way you’ll ever get Disney and Warner Bros to stop fighting and do it.
Oh, and getting an Eastern audience to go "I wanna play as Superman" is more achievable? Marvel VS Capcom seems to have only happened because of the fact that Capcom was making a lot of Marvel games at the time, and eventually they sneaked in one crossover that morphed into the series now. From today's standards, it doesn't seem like that would happen on a whim, nor would the concept probably ever occur to anyone.

Though I don't know the full history, I'm making a lot of assumptions here.

Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars will always be best crossover fighting game idea.
Again, it's only entertaining if we accept it as the pipe dream that will never happen as it is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
if dc vs jump happened, i'd be excited for the dc side on the sole basis of john constantine
Honestly, my rational brain is not a fan of how DC retconned Hellblazer to made Constantine throw fireballs around instead of conman-ing his way out of everything

but my primal brain just wants to see him punch more stuff.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not sure if Kirby landing in Popstar was only in the anime.

Otherwise I think he'd make for an more appropriate rival for Goku perhaps in an ideal Nintendo (Smash) vs. Jump game being saviors from other planets of the ones they landed on and having big appetites.

If that's the case could make Toriko be Yoshi's rival.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just want a crossover that's a traditional fighter of some kind, not some 3D Arena dump that Spike Chunsoft throws around. Like damn bro I wanna pull of combos with Spider-Man, not swing for 3 minutes around [Generic City], pull off a 5-hit auto combo, and repeat forever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if Kirby landing in Popstar was only in the anime.

Otherwise I think he'd make for an more appropriate rival for Goku perhaps in an ideal Nintendo (Smash) vs. Jump game being saviors from other planets of the ones they landed on and having big appetites.

If that's the case could make Toriko be Yoshi's rival.
I'll give you another one: Hinata vs Daisy. They both have orange hair, they're both ridiculously passionate in sports.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll give you another one: Hinata vs Daisy.
Goddamn you made me think about the chick from Naruto for a whole minute. I forgot sports anime was even a thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom